Save $35 on Zelda SS for Gamer Zone Reward Members at Best Buy

thanks for the heads up. I almost never check the RZ page for deals because... they're mostly crap.

[quote name='Kniq']thanks for the heads up. I almost never check the RZ page for deals because... they're mostly crap.[/QUOTE]

Then you missed out big on the last one... especially if you're a Twisted Metal or MW3 fan... $40 off both.

Well, I guess there is nothing holding me back from getting the SS now...

Picked this up at Kmart a few months ago. Kind of a waste, since I still haven't played it. I still have yet to finish OoT, MM, and TP.

[quote name='acdcrocks1980']any cheap ways to get a motion plus?[/QUOTE]
I got Red Steel 2 from Sears for $18. Came with a Wii Motion Plus. If you can find it, it should be even cheaper now.

Had to buy a motion plus, got it used at gamestop(I know i overpaid, but it's okay, at least I've got one), and discovered(because I barely hook up the wii) that the cat in his chewing phase chewed the sensor bars wire. So guess ill be replacing that.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']I'll probably swing by my Best Buy and grab one tomorrow. Hopefully it has the music CD with it.[/QUOTE]

Unless it's chewed worse than I'm picturing it, you could probably tape the wire back together. There is probably an inside wire with more wire around it, so unless you've never done sometime like that before it should be an easy fix.

The only thing that wire does is supply power to a couple of LED lights in the bar itself. It sends no signals or information - the remote itself does all of that.

Lol, damn CAG Mobile... I hit the wrong quote button :p

Anyhow, my best buy had tons of SS in stock. I don't think anyone checks RZ.com....

[quote name='BigBizzee']Lol, damn CAG Mobile... I hit the wrong quote button :p

Anyhow, my best buy had tons of SS in stock. I don't think anyone checks RZ.com....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's pretty much unknown at my local store. I went in to Best Buy a couple of days ago to pick up MW3 for a friend and no one in the store seemed to understand why I was getting the game for $40. Even had a manager called over to accuse me of hacking their checkouts. :D

Started.playing this game a couple weeks ago. It's got a slow start but after u get going its really good. I'm probably about half way through game

[quote name='BigBizzee']Unless it's chewed worse than I'm picturing it, you could probably tape the wire back together. There is probably an inside wire with more wire around it, so unless you've never done sometime like that before it should be an easy fix.

The only thing that wire does is supply power to a couple of LED lights in the bar itself. It sends no signals or information - the remote itself does all of that.[/QUOTE]

I tried that once, but I might not have gotten the right spot. I mean, I already figure it's broken, so I might try again and make sure I get it just right since I found my good tape(I have a lot of different tapes as I'm sure most people do).

I didn't realize it controlled so little, so I'll definitely be keeping that in mind, so thanks for that.

[quote name='shadowkast']Between this and $10 punch out, i think the Wii will finally get dusted off:)[/QUOTE]

Can you please provide a link to this? I feel as if I have looked all over the website and I cannot find it.

Has anyone else found it? I've been wanting Punch-Out for a while! :pray:

[quote name='Wal_Target']Can you please provide a link to this? I feel as if I have looked all over the website and I cannot find it.

Has anyone else found it? I've been wanting Punch-Out for a while! :pray:[/QUOTE]

Discontinued item (for best buy). No longer on their site. There is a buried thread on here where I found out about it. Otherwise you need the sku to do a search. However if best buy has less than 3 it will show OOS. Best bet is to just go to the store if it's close for you. I grabbed the last copy at my store and this was as soon as it was on clearance.

Good luck, hope you find one

[quote name='BigBizzee']Unless it's chewed worse than I'm picturing it, you could probably tape the wire back together. There is probably an inside wire with more wire around it, so unless you've never done sometime like that before it should be an easy fix.

The only thing that wire does is supply power to a couple of LED lights in the bar itself. It sends no signals or information - the remote itself does all of that.[/QUOTE]

Yup just light two tea candles, it does the same thing as the "sensor bar "

Thanks OP. Glad to grab Zelda for $15. Need to pick up a MotionPlus attachment, but I'm hesitant on all the ones on ebay, they seem to be bootlegs.

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']I got Red Steel 2 from Sears for $18. Came with a Wii Motion Plus. If you can find it, it should be even cheaper now.[/QUOTE]

I got it for $5. Just wanted the game. Trade/sell wii remote with motion plus attachment. PM me.

If anyone looking for Punch out, go check sears. I found one for $8.

[quote name='shadowkast']Discontinued item (for best buy). No longer on their site. There is a buried thread on here where I found out about it. Otherwise you need the sku to do a search. However if best buy has less than 3 it will show OOS. Best bet is to just go to the store if it's close for you. I grabbed the last copy at my store and this was as soon as it was on clearance.

Good luck, hope you find one[/QUOTE]

I found the thread that you were talking about. I checked the clearances for a few stores via the BestBuy app and none of them had it. Thanks anyways though :)

So can i walk into a BB store and get the game for $15? I have the free gamer zone membership. How can u tell which ones have the CD or not???

[quote name='The Punisher']So can i walk into a BB store and get the game for $15? I have the free gamer zone membership. How can u tell which ones have the CD or not???[/QUOTE]

Read the case.

[quote name='tuffguycore']Had to buy a motion plus, got it used at gamestop(I know i overpaid, but it's okay, at least I've got one), and discovered(because I barely hook up the wii) that the cat in his chewing phase chewed the sensor bars wire. So guess ill be replacing that.[/QUOTE]

Monoprice has Wii sensor bars for cheap. Hope you haven't spent like 15 or 20 for one already.

[quote name='Bankotsu']Monoprice has Wii sensor bars for cheap. Hope you haven't spent like 15 or 20 for one already.[/QUOTE]

You could also just use a couple candles.

Man! I thought $30 at Toys R Us was a good deal for this game. Unfortunately, I already got the game for $50 using Trade-In Credit.

[quote name='Japanaman']Man! I thought $30 at Toys R Us was a good deal for this game. Unfortunately, I already got the game for $50 using Trade-In Credit.[/QUOTE]It's up to you whether you'd want to do this (and it would only work if you're within the price-match time period after buying that $50 copy), but you could always buy a second copy for $15, bring the receipt for that copy along with your first receipt (the one with the $49.99 price) to Customer Service and ask for a PM on the first copy to get $35 back, then return the second copy. I would highly suggest you wait a day or two before returning the second copy to avoid arousing suspicion.

At least, that's what enuf would say. ;)

[quote name='BABETOOTH']Got it !! Didn't even need to print out coupon.[/QUOTE]

The employee yesterday tried to argue with me that I needed a printout. I'm like "please just try to enter my RZ number and see if it works."

Why do some clerks love to argue with the customer?

[quote name='confoosious']The employee yesterday tried to argue with me that I needed a printout. I'm like "please just try to enter my RZ number and see if it works."

Why do some clerks love to argue with the customer?[/QUOTE]

So dumb. The employee I got was actually excited when she realized the coupon was linked to my RZ card and that she didn't have to deal with a printout coupon.

[quote name='confoosious']

I'm guessing it's mostly an attempt to exert power. A store clerk is mostly powerless at his job, he probably has 5 different managers over him and nobody under him. The one area where they can exert power is over customers. That's not to say it's an excuse, though.

I always thought the preferred method in deals like this where the discount is automatically taken off (with your RZ# of course) is to not even mention it to the cashier and let the computer do its thing. Only if a problem arises that you ask about it.

[quote name='Sway']I always thought the preferred method in deals like this where the discount is automatically taken off (with your RZ# of course) is to not even mention it to the cashier and let the computer do its thing. Only if a problem arises that you ask about it.[/QUOTE]

Bingo. That is exactly what I did and it was done easy peasy.

[quote name='Sway']I always thought the preferred method in deals like this where the discount is automatically taken off (with your RZ# of course) is to not even mention it to the cashier and let the computer do its thing. Only if a problem arises that you ask about it.[/QUOTE]

Probably what I should have done. My first time "claiming" a deal without printing it out though. (Actually left printout at home.)

I picked up a copy today - the deal didn't show up until she scanned the print out.

Jordan Landing store (Utah) has another six copies if anyone is after one.

[quote name='thelonepig']I picked up a copy today - the deal didn't show up until she scanned the print out.

Jordan Landing store (Utah) has another six copies if anyone is after one.[/QUOTE]

Nice, SLC guy. When I went and picked one up yesterday, the South Salt Lake store had at least 10 still, all with the CD.

[quote name='confoosious']The employee yesterday tried to argue with me that I needed a printout. I'm like "please just try to enter my RZ number and see if it works."

I had the same problem. Others reported not needing the paper, so I figured I'd save the ink.

I handed her my card 1st, then she scanned the game, but before hitting total she took my reward zone certificate out of my hand. She scanned the certificate and said $42.xx. I told her there should be a gamer discount that is applied by using the card.

She waved the Reward Certificate in my face and said, "I already scanned your coupon." There's nothing I can do if you don't have a paper for it.

I didn't even respond, just walked to customer service. The cs rep knew exactly how to do it, and said she would explain it to the cashier later.

The cashier normally has NO clue what's going. I should just have known better and went right to the service desk.

---END RANT

[quote name='BABETOOTH']Got it !! Didn't even need to print out coupon.[/QUOTE]

yeah same here, in fact i was going to mention it after the clerk scanned it, but the -$35 popped up in a message on the screen so i didn't say anything

see thats what i like, straight smooth transaction and zelda for $15 :cool:

[quote name='BingoBrown']I'm guessing it's mostly an attempt to exert power. A store clerk is mostly powerless at his job, he probably has 5 different managers over him and nobody under him. The one area where they can exert power is over customers. That's not to say it's an excuse, though.[/QUOTE]

I have no problems with someone who wants to do their job correctly, but some people act like they own the store and they are about to lose their own money. This happened with the save $40 coupon on Call of Duty MW3. The girl kept reading the coupon and even said "there is no way this is correct" I calmly said " if you scan it and it doesn't work then it doesn't" It worked no problem and yet she had suspicion in her eyes...

[quote name='BrentronD']When I went in, for some reason the discount was automatically applied. Whether or not it's tied to the Unlocked account (I'm sure it is), I don't know. Thanks again OP, wouldn't know about these deals since I don't check MyRZ.com at all.[/QUOTE]If you check your RZ purchases thru the myrz site it'll show the offers on all your purchases while the deals are valid.
Quick ? you don't check the gaming deals on myrz or myrz itself at all? How do you print your RZ certs if you don't goto the site.

[quote name='Wal_Target']Can you please provide a link to this? I feel as if I have looked all over the website and I cannot find it.

Has anyone else found it? I've been wanting Punch-Out for a while! :pray:[/QUOTE]Here's the stock finder for the Nintendo selects version
SKU # 3002382
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...8538976471&itemId=1748600&pageMode=searchmode

Non selects version
SKU # 9263977
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...contract_desc=2+YEARS+NEW&pageMode=searchmode

Guess I was lucky but I do about half of my transactions at the service desk. Most of them know me and had no problems there (did a return/rebuy of something else). I had forgot to grab the printout so I logged in on my phone. He wasn't sure if I needed a barcode (there was one on the hardcopy printout) as the online offer on my phone app didn't say anything about having to scan anything.

He just scanned my RZ/Gamer card and the offer popped. At least for my main store, the guys at the service desk are accomodating and know more than the garden variety cashier.

[quote name='shadowkast']Discontinued item (for best buy). No longer on their site. There is a buried thread on here where I found out about it. Otherwise you need the sku to do a search. However if best buy has less than 3 it will show OOS. Best bet is to just go to the store if it's close for you. I grabbed the last copy at my store and this was as soon as it was on clearance.

Good luck, hope you find one[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Enuf']If you check your RZ purchases thru the myrz site it'll show the offers on all your purchases while the deals are valid.
Quick ? you don't check the gaming deals on myrz or myrz itself at all? How do you print your RZ certs if you don't goto the site.

Here's the stock finder for the Nintendo selects version
SKU # 3002382
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...8538976471&itemId=1748600&pageMode=searchmode

Non selects version
SKU # 9263977
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...contract_desc=2+YEARS+NEW&pageMode=searchmode[/QUOTE]

Are both versions ringing up as $10?

My store only had versions with the music CD.. snagged one for $15. Thanks OP, I've been waiting to play this!

bread's done
Back