Save $40 on Galaxy 2, UFC 2010, or Red Dead when trading in 2 select games

natec12

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Sorry if it's a repost. It's a good deal considering each game is virtually $20 credit each. From past experience when they did this with MW2, you can't trade in your games until the game is released so you can't take $40 off your preorder before release. You CAN have it on preorder but you'll just have to wait to trade in the used games whenever the game you want is out. So if you have $5 down on RDR and you do this deal you'll just pay the $15 difference. If you have one of these games paid off and you do this deal than you'll get $40 in credit. http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/save40/

Last edited by a moderator:
Not exactly new but I guess I'll add that in the past with these deals it's also been possible to cancel the preorder later and just keep the credit.

And also CoJ: BiB for ps3 is on the list, when GS sells it for $17.99. So a little profit to be had these, esp if you have 1 game on the list.

lol $20 credit for FIFA World Cup 2010 that just came out today? though some aren't too bad might trade in L4D2 and another game for Red Dead Revolver

So you don't get trade in credit plus the save $40? Basically its just getting $20 credit for games you can probably get more for on ebay or amazon?

Hey is it possible for me to trade-in games, reserve SMG 2, cancel my reservation then get the credit back on a card, then re-preorder on the website to get the $20 coupon?

[quote name='-Mystery-']Hey is it possible for me to trade-in games, reserve SMG 2, cancel my reservation then get the credit back on a card, then re-preorder on the website to get the $20 coupon?[/QUOTE]
YMMV. I asked my GS employees if I could do that with the $25 trade promotion a week or so ago, but they said if I returned the $30 game I'd only get $5 or whatever back. I know that's not necessarily the case, since I'd done it before and gotten the full $30+tax back, but it required a manual override by the cashier. I'd imagine this situation won't be much different.

That said, if you can get that to work, get the $40 credit and just order it on Gamestop's website. It even stacks with 25OFF, so you can essentially get the game for $37.25+tax and a $20 coupon for free (as long as your order is over $100... just add another pre-order and cancel it after SMG2 ships if you can't find filler).

[quote name='Thorgouge']So you don't get trade in credit plus the save $40? Basically its just getting $20 credit for games you can probably get more for on ebay or amazon?[/QUOTE]

Correct its just $40 savings. It's decent for some, for example I'm trading in ODST/AC2 for $40 when amazon gives me $21

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']YMMV. I asked my GS employees if I could do that with the $25 trade promotion a week or so ago, but they said if I returned the $30 game I'd only get $5 or whatever back. I know that's not necessarily the case, since I'd done it before and gotten the full $30+tax back, but it required a manual override by the cashier. I'd imagine this situation won't be much different.

That said, if you can get that to work, get the $40 credit and just order it on Gamestop's website. It even stacks with 25OFF, so you can essentially get the game for $37.25+tax and a $20 coupon for free (as long as your order is over $100... just add another pre-order and cancel it after SMG2 ships if you can't find filler).[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks. I think I might be able to pull it off since I paid off UFC (with credit) like a month ago then canceled my pre-order (after 25OFF emerged) and then re-preordered on the website. Maybe trade-in the games then go back like a week later to try and cancel it.

bread's done
Back