Save $5-6 on Left 4 Dead Online Preorders (PC/360)

typeRJ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Not sure if this was posted already, but Gamestop.com is offering a small discount if you preorder Left 4 Dead for 360 or PC

360 - $54.99 (Save $6)
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=65253

PC - $44.99 (Save $5)
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=65231

And you can get in-store pickup. Still have to pay tax, but if you can't do the Amazon deal then this is a good alternative.

EDIT: I'll check later on today if this promotion is also at the B&M locations.

i wish it would get listed on steam so we can find out what the actual price is going to be. Its all over the place. I find it hard to believe Vavle is going to ask for more than $40 on a multiplayer only game. Seems very greedy. I've held off ordering it from anywhere since i think its going to be 39.99, and as they do the 10% discount just before release that brings it down to around what newegg/Amazon is charging so if my theory is right i'll just get it through steam. If its $45 or $50 though the $40 that newegg/amazon has it for becomes the obvious choice.

it was, just noticed it went back up to $39.99. Makes newegg the better place since its much faster shipping for 90% of people and the same cost to boot. I still find it hard to believe Valve is going to try selling it alone for $50.00. Thats what the entire Orange Box was. Very lame if true.

i'm sure they'll have some sort of deal attached with a steam pre-order. most valve game pre-order bonuses are pretty good. orange box for exampe for 10% off, came with peggle extreme AND you got to be a part of the TF2 beta (which kept me happily entertained until it came out).

It might end up going for $39.99 on steam as well. The official price still hasn't been confirmed. I'm just finding it odd that Amazon is giving $13 off for the preorder when they usually only do $2-3. For now I just put an order on Amazon and if it comes to Steam for the same price, I'll just cancel and get it there. The download speeds have been pretty sweet on Steam for me. Sure beats waiting for shipping if the price is the same.

I rather get it off steam since you can download the game 2 days before release and it gets activated on the release date so you don't have to deal with installing or shipping.

Does Gamestop's "open box = new" policy apply to pre-orders as well, or will that shit be sealed at pickup?

[quote name='polly']Does Gamestop's "open box = new" policy apply to pre-orders as well, or will that shit be sealed at pickup?[/quote]

I can't be certain, but on new games I've always gotten a sealed copy from behind the counter.

[quote name='polly']Does Gamestop's "open box = new" policy apply to pre-orders as well, or will that shit be sealed at pickup?[/quote]

Usually if they know that every copy is a preorder, then they won't gut a copy for the shelf.

bread's done
Back