Save $50 to $250 on 80GB PS3 (playstation underground code)

The 7th Number

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
I got this in my email, im not going to use it. If anyone wants it, then be my guest. First come first serve.

$50 deal
ps350lh6.jpg

$100-$250 deal
ps3250ij5.jpg

Terms
*One promotional code per customer. To redeem your promotional code, simply:
1. Go to the www.amazon.com Web site.
2. Select the items you want and add them to your Shopping Cart.
3. Click the "Proceed to checkout" button. At the Pay section of the progress bar, you'll see a box on the lower part of the page that says, "Do you have a gift certificate or promotional claim code?"
4. Enter your claim code in the space provided to redeem your promotional code. Then click the "Continue" button and complete the order form.
5. You'll know you have placed your order when you reach a screen that says, "Thank you for your order. We will send you an email confirmation shortly." If you want to review the details of your order, click the appropriate links in the "Managing your order" box, or the Your Account link in the upper right corner of the page.
Promotional codes must be redeemed through our Web site, www.amazon.com, toward the purchase of products listed in Amazon.com's online catalog and sold by Amazon.com. They cannot be redeemed at Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.co.jp, or any other Web site operated by Amazon.com, its affiliates, or third-party merchants accessible from our site.
Promotional codes are not valid in Amazon Marketplace, Auctions, or Shops. Void if copied or transferred and where prohibited by law. Any other use constitutes fraud. In the event of a return, coupon/promotional savings may be deducted from your refund. Promotional code may be combined with other coupons or promotional offers. Purchase price must be equal to or greater than the promotional code amount. Amazon.com reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate or modify this promotion.
Please use our Shopping Cart rather than our 1-Click ordering if you want to pay for your order with a promotional code. This offer expires at 11:59 p.m. PT on 1/31/09. If you have any questions, please see the Help section of our site: www.amazon.com/help.
**Sony Card is issued by Chase Bank N.A., and is subject to credit approval. In some instances an application may require additional processing, in which case instant approval will be unavailable. To qualify for the $150 card credit, you MUST apply for the Sony Card through this promotion by 1/31/2008 AND purchase a new PLAYSTATION 3 system at Amazon.com with your new Sony Card by 01/31/2009. Register your Sony Card at sony.com/sonycard, complete and mail in the rebate form with proof of PLAYSTATION 3 system purchase at Amazon.com by 03/31/2009. Complete instructions will be sent upon approval for the Sony Card. $150 card credit will be posted to your Sony Card Statement within 8-12 weeks from receipt of the rebate form and proof of purchase. Offer available to new Sony Card accounts only and only one $150 card credit may be earned per Sony Card account. Existing Sony Card account holders or accounts are not eligible.
†All single sales receipt purchases made with your Sony Card within the first 45 days your account is open equal or greater than $299 ("Qualifying Purchase") will automatically qualify for a 12-month Deferred Interest Promotion (with payment). Purchase price must be paid in full within twelve billing cycles of the purchase date; minimum payments must be made on account; and account must not otherwise be in default during the promotional period or finance charges will be assessed from the purchase date. Length of the promotional period could be shorter depending upon the timing and amount of your payments and other account balances. After the expiration of the promotional period, any remaining balance on your Qualifying Purchase will bear interest at the Purchase APR disclosed in your card member agreement. Promotional financing is offered in connection with Sony Card credit cards, which are issued by Chase Bank USA, N.A., and subject to credit approval. Offer available to new Sony Card accounts only. As of 10/08/08 and subject to change, the following rates and terms apply for new Sony Card credit cards: Purchase
APR = 11.49% variable; Overdraft Advance APR = 13.49% fixed; Default APR = up to 28.49% variable; Cash Advance APR = 20.49% variable; Transaction fee for Balance Transfers and Cash Advances: 3% of the amount of the transaction, but not less than $10; Minimum Finance Charge $1.00. Offer available to new Sony Card accounts only.
Pricing and Terms

††User responsible for all applicable Internet fees. Some services or features may require additional fees. Video output in HD requires cables and an HD-compatible display, both sold separately. Copy-protected Blu-ray video discs can only output at 1080p using an HDMI cable connected to a device that is compatible with the HDCP standard. HDMI cable not included.
To ensure ongoing receipt of these emails, please add our "From" address to your address book:
[email protected].

UNSUBSCRIBE
You have received this email because you opted to receive correspondence from us.

Please do not respond to this email. This is an automated mailbox.
To unsubscribe from the PlayStation® mailing list, proceed to www.us.playstation.com.
Please note that the unsubscribe process may take up to ten (10) business days to complete. If you receive additional emails within this time period, your request is still being processed. It is not necessary to unsubscribe again. If you continue to receive emails after this period, or for information on our Privacy Policy, please call 1-800-345-7669.
Our Privacy Policy can also be found on www.us.playstation.com.

LEGAL
SCEA is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, any lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, misspelled email addresses, lost or deleted email transmissions due to the settings in your email application. Any of these factors may limit one's ability to successfully participate in this activity.

Buzz! is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. Developed by Relentless Software.
© 2008 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.

Singstar is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. © 2008 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. Developed by SCEE London Studio.
The NBA and individual NBA member team identifications reproduced on this product are trademarks and copyrighted designs, and/or other forms of intellectual property, that are exclusive property of NBA Properties, Inc. and the respective NBA member teams and may not be used, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of NBA Properties, Inc. © 2008 NBA Properties, Inc. All rights reserved. © 2008 Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation © 2008 Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
LittleBigPlanet © 2008 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. Developed by Media Molecule. LittleBigPlanet is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.
MotorStorm is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. © 2007 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. Published by Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. Developed by Evolution Studios Ltd. All rights reserved.
Resistance 2 is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. Developed by Insomniac Games.
© 2008 Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.

Amazon, Amazon.com and the Amazon.com logo are registered trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
"PlayStation", "PLAYSTATION", and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Underground is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. © 2008 Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. The Sony Computer Entertainment logo is a registered trademark of Sony Corporation.
Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc., 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Foster City, CA 94404

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, I just checked my email and I have the codes. If anyone wants either the $50 or the $100 codes, PM me.

EDIT: $100 code gone. $50 still available.

EDIT2: both are gone. Now, i have another PSN account so I might get another set of codes eventually. But they aren't showing up in my inbox box yet.

Wait wait wait, so they say

"complete and mail in the rebate form with proof of PLAYSTATION 3 system purchase at Amazon.com by 03/31/2009. Complete instructions will be sent upon approval for the Sony Card. $150 card credit will be posted to your Sony Card Statement within 8-12 weeks from receipt of the rebate form and proof of purchase."

You have to cut out a upc or something and mail it in as proof of purchase? I'm unclear on this.

I have a set of codes I'd PM to someone. I would trade for the Xbox Live code the guy mentioned earlier, or something else.

EDIT: I have 2 $50 codes left, just PM me and their yours.

[quote name='solarisv']Wait wait wait, so they say

"complete and mail in the rebate form with proof of PLAYSTATION 3 system purchase at Amazon.com by 03/31/2009. Complete instructions will be sent upon approval for the Sony Card. $150 card credit will be posted to your Sony Card Statement within 8-12 weeks from receipt of the rebate form and proof of purchase."

You have to cut out a upc or something and mail it in as proof of purchase? I'm unclear on this.
[/QUOTE]

Ya I was wondering this myself. I hope the rebate form comes with the credit card in the mail. I didn't see any mention of the rebate form when I signed up for the card. Has anyone received their card or rebate form yet?

[quote name='bbj77']Ya I was wondering this myself. I hope the rebate form comes with the credit card in the mail. I didn't see any mention of the rebate form when I signed up for the card. Has anyone received their card or rebate form yet?[/quote]

I think that maybe for the Amazon $$.

Last year I got the $100 credit back from my Sony card. They said then I would get it 'after the 1st purchase of $299.99 or more at an approved Sony dealer.'

I got my PS3 from Best Buy on Black Friday and they were an approved Sony dealer.

I did have continue to email Sony Card over and over just to remind them and make sure I got the $100 credit.

i have 2 of these codes from amazon.com

i am extremely broke and would sell the $50 dollar code for $5 and the $100 dollar code for $10.

pm me if you are interested.

$100 code sold

$50 code available still

[quote name='dank']i have 2 of these codes from amazon.com

i am extremely broke and would sell the $50 dollar code for $5 and the $100 dollar code for $10.

pm me if you are interested.[/quote]

Not trying to be mean, but if you're that broke, maybe you shouldn't be buying any video games.

I'd take the $100 code from you, since I'm looking to get a PS3 very soon, but I'm not willing to pay $10 for it.

I have these codes also. If anyone is feeling generous Im looking for PS2 games. If not I will eventually give them away.

[quote name='DAWG26']I have these codes also. If anyone is feeling generous Im looking for PS2 games. If not I will eventually give them away.[/quote]

No PS2 games here, sorry. But I'd love the $100 code if you can spare it. Thanks!

p.s. Clear your PM's.

[quote name='SHOWTIME09']Not trying to be mean, but if you're that broke, maybe you shouldn't be buying any video games.

I'd take the $100 code from you, since I'm looking to get a PS3 very soon, but I'm not willing to pay $10 for it.[/quote]

im not buyin any games ;) im tryin to get some food mmm yum

[quote name='dank']im not buyin any games ;) im tryin to get some food mmm yum[/QUOTE]
heh. ain't nothin wrong with that either. i'd call this capitalism at work. yay, part of the economy still works!

:)

[quote name='SpiderLocMTGO']I just put in for the credit card, is it hard to get approved? Also, about how long will it take to find out if I am approved?[/QUOTE]

i can't say for sure about the difficulty of qualifying. i will say this though. i applied a couple of weeks ago, and was instantly approved. they had to snail mail the card to me before i could use it (it was a slightly different offer, through sonyrewards.com, but the same card), but the approval came in 45 seconds.

my credit score, if it helps you, is around 800. i know there were some people on slickdeals who got denied with scores of 740ish, which is pretty damn high. i don't think this is a hard card to qualify for, but this is a tight credit market, so everything's a little crappier than usual.

also, just because you didn't get instant approval, don't get discouraged. there were plenty of people who took a week to get approved for the other sony card offers. not sure why some get instant and some don't, but whatever.

anyway, good luck!

I've never actually had a credit card before (college student, prefer to use debit/Visa check card for everything), so is there any chance at all of me actually qualifying for the Sony card? If there is, I'm tempted to bite on this. $270ish for a PS3 + 2 Blu-rays + LBP is hard to pass up.

is the approval via e-mail? I still haven't gotten anything, but I remain hopeful. Will I also get an e-mail if I am turned down, or will they send me nothing at all?

[quote name='SpiderLocMTGO']is the approval via e-mail? I still haven't gotten anything, but I remain hopeful. Will I also get an e-mail if I am turned down, or will they send me nothing at all?[/QUOTE]

well, the instant approval shows up in the same window after you hit submit. in addition, i think there was an email.

if you don't hear anything for a few days, call 1-877-717-7669 (toll free, of course). it's technically a cardmember help line, so they'll ask for the last four digits of your sony card. just hit 0 a bunch of times. then it'll say "i'm sorry, i didn't get that, please enter all 16 digits of your sony card." then hit zero a million or so times, and eventually you'll get a person. you should be able to ask them about the status of your application.

and limelight:

i KNOW. my fiancee and i have been planning to buy each other a PS3 for christmas (or whatever) basically just for littlebigplanet and blu-rays (67 inch HDTV was a previous mutual present). and lo and behold, we just got a PS3, littlebigplanet, and two excellent blu-rays (sleeping beauty and nightmare before christmas.... shut up, we have a 9 month old daughter :roll: ) for $406 shipped! and once the 150 is credited back, it'll be $256!!

that's cheaper than what i paid for my launch-day wii (effing sales tax)! and we might actually PLAY the ps3! ahem.

annnyway.

and finally Robo: do you have ANY credit history at all? like even store credit lines, or paypal buyer's credit, or a car loan, or maybe bill-me-later type stuff through newegg or amazon? all that type of stuff helps build a credit history, and thus boost your credit rating, and it's ridiculously easy to get started. if you've got that kind of thing on your record, you might have a good shot at the card. if you've got absolutely no record whatsoever though, i would really doubt it, unless your income is pretty grotesquely out-of-proportion for your age. and hey, if this promo doesn't work out, you might want to try some of those things, or even just getting a low-limit credit card to use for gas only, and you'll start building a nice credit history in no time.

ok, i gotta stop, i'm slipping into professor mode.

cheers.

[quote name='murdoch623']I'd love a code if anyone isn't using it! I'm going to buy one for my father who just got a big screen!

TIA,

murdoch[/quote]
I have a $50 if you'd like. Just PM me

[quote name='fshaia']If you have good credit, instantly, I think Amazon sent out e-mails to certain customers, (I didn't get one, WTH) if you want the $150 off C.C. deal, call CS and see if they can help you.[/quote]
I'm confused by what you wrote. So if I apply for the card I get it instantly and can use it right after? How do you get it instantly, do they send the # in email. Or do you have to wait for them to mail you the card, which would make more sense. If so does it come in 1 or 2 weeks or longer?

[quote name='schultzed']This is correct. Over at Slickdeals it sounded like Sonystyle credited the $150 pretty easily.

So, you could write Sony a check for the $260 and then cancel the card.

$260 for a PS3 with LBP and 2 decent BRs (Blade Runner for sure) . . . Now all I need to do is get the card.

I applied online but didn't get auto approval. I suspect it is because I just put in myself (Wis. laws are strong on joint property--should have included my wife). I'm going to call today and check on it.[/quote]
Doesn't your credit score take a hit when you cancel a credit card, especially when you cancel it shortly after obtaining it to begin with?

[quote name='schultzed']This is correct. Over at Slickdeals it sounded like Sonystyle credited the $150 pretty easily.

So, you could write Sony a check for the $260 and then cancel the card.

$260 for a PS3 with LBP and 2 decent BRs (Blade Runner for sure) . . . Now all I need to do is get the card.

I applied online but didn't get auto approval. I suspect it is because I just put in myself (Wis. laws are strong on joint property--should have included my wife). I'm going to call today and check on it.[/quote]
Doesn't your credit score take a hit when you cancel a credit card, especially when you cancel it shortly after obtaining it to begin with?

[quote name='J7.']I'm confused by what you wrote. So if I apply for the card I get it instantly and can use it right after? How do you get it instantly, do they send the # in email. Or do you have to wait for them to mail you the card, which would make more sense. If so does it come in 1 or 2 weeks or longer?

Doesn't your credit score take a hit when you cancel a credit card, especially when you cancel it shortly after obtaining it to begin with?[/QUOTE]

yea, that's basically accurate. i'd just leave the account open afterwards, unless you have some really good reason for closing it. your credit used/available ratio will stay bumped up, and if you never use the card, there's no fee.

Any chance someone could PM me the $100 code. Also, could someone explain a little more detail about the extra $150 sony card thing?

I am also planning on purchasing a PS3, and would really appreciate it if someone could pass along their unused $100 code. Thank you!

[quote name='SpiderLocMTGO']is the approval via e-mail? I still haven't gotten anything, but I remain hopeful. Will I also get an e-mail if I am turned down, or will they send me nothing at all?[/QUOTE]

If you call this Chase number and select the menu to check on an application, you enter your social security # and they will tell you that you will be notified in writing within 2 weeks.

Personal Credit Cards
For online account management questions, please contact us toll free at 1-800-432-3117.

I tried talking to an employee but they don't seem to be able to do anything.

My how the mighty have fallen.

They had system sales figures on X-Play on Friday. For Oct. Wii was over 800,000, 360 was approaching 400,000 and PS3 was under 200,000. They pointed out that the price cut helped out the 360.

In my case, I will only buy a PS3 if I can work this deal. But if the sonystyle card is hard to get (I've always been accepted on promo cards before) then the whole promotion is a waste.

They should have just sent out a rebate offer . . . buy a PS3 anywhere and one of the games and get $50 back by mail. Then I would go to TRU and get one of the 40GB units with LBP for $360 and send in the rebate.

Now I have my mind set on the $150 promo.

Does Amazon have Service Plans? All I could find was some 3rd party Service Plan that is supposedly total crap.

I've been a member since 2005, but I just recently (like 5 mins ago), updated my email preferences to allow them to send me mail. Will they still send me the code, or did I miss out? If I did, could anyone spare a code (preferably the $100 one)? I've been waiting for a deal like this, and I missed out on the PS3 + 4 Blu-rays for ~$375 a few weeks ago. Thanks for any response! :)

The only thing stopping me from this deal is the ability to get a service plan for the PS3. Does Sony offer their own service plan like MS does for 360? If so, how much does it cost?

[quote name='dank']i have 2 of these codes from amazon.com

pm me if you are interested.

$100 code sold

$50 code available still[/quote]

still have the $50 dollar code.

[quote name='J7.']The only thing stopping me from this deal is the ability to get a service plan for the PS3. Does Sony offer their own service plan like MS does for 360? If so, how much does it cost?[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't you get the one that Amazon offers?

I got a 3rd-party plan from Amazon for a camera and was able to get it serviced for no cost.

All of the service plans are 3rd-party anyway. Nintendo outsources for service and I bet Sony does as well.

i am interested in the $100 code as well. if anyone would be so kind as to offer me the code via a personal message (PM), i would greatly appreciate it.

thank you and have a nice day.

antlive84

anyone who has received these emails, could you post what the email subject is and maybe the email address that it is coming from?

I'm surprised I didn't get an email, I've been getting underground stuff for awhile. I sold my PS3 awhile ago and want to get another one now if someone could hook me up with a $100 code. Thanks CAGers!

Can anyone confirm that this deal worked for them?

I'm trying to buy one using the $100 code, but Amazon keeps stating that "This promotional code is not available for these items"

Can anyone who actually went through with this clarify?

bread's done
Back