Save $50 to $250 on 80GB PS3 (playstation underground code)

The 7th Number

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
I got this in my email, im not going to use it. If anyone wants it, then be my guest. First come first serve.

$50 deal
ps350lh6.jpg

$100-$250 deal
ps3250ij5.jpg

Terms
*One promotional code per customer. To redeem your promotional code, simply:
1. Go to the www.amazon.com Web site.
2. Select the items you want and add them to your Shopping Cart.
3. Click the "Proceed to checkout" button. At the Pay section of the progress bar, you'll see a box on the lower part of the page that says, "Do you have a gift certificate or promotional claim code?"
4. Enter your claim code in the space provided to redeem your promotional code. Then click the "Continue" button and complete the order form.
5. You'll know you have placed your order when you reach a screen that says, "Thank you for your order. We will send you an email confirmation shortly." If you want to review the details of your order, click the appropriate links in the "Managing your order" box, or the Your Account link in the upper right corner of the page.
Promotional codes must be redeemed through our Web site, www.amazon.com, toward the purchase of products listed in Amazon.com's online catalog and sold by Amazon.com. They cannot be redeemed at Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.co.jp, or any other Web site operated by Amazon.com, its affiliates, or third-party merchants accessible from our site.
Promotional codes are not valid in Amazon Marketplace, Auctions, or Shops. Void if copied or transferred and where prohibited by law. Any other use constitutes fraud. In the event of a return, coupon/promotional savings may be deducted from your refund. Promotional code may be combined with other coupons or promotional offers. Purchase price must be equal to or greater than the promotional code amount. Amazon.com reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate or modify this promotion.
Please use our Shopping Cart rather than our 1-Click ordering if you want to pay for your order with a promotional code. This offer expires at 11:59 p.m. PT on 1/31/09. If you have any questions, please see the Help section of our site: www.amazon.com/help.
**Sony Card is issued by Chase Bank N.A., and is subject to credit approval. In some instances an application may require additional processing, in which case instant approval will be unavailable. To qualify for the $150 card credit, you MUST apply for the Sony Card through this promotion by 1/31/2008 AND purchase a new PLAYSTATION 3 system at Amazon.com with your new Sony Card by 01/31/2009. Register your Sony Card at sony.com/sonycard, complete and mail in the rebate form with proof of PLAYSTATION 3 system purchase at Amazon.com by 03/31/2009. Complete instructions will be sent upon approval for the Sony Card. $150 card credit will be posted to your Sony Card Statement within 8-12 weeks from receipt of the rebate form and proof of purchase. Offer available to new Sony Card accounts only and only one $150 card credit may be earned per Sony Card account. Existing Sony Card account holders or accounts are not eligible.
†All single sales receipt purchases made with your Sony Card within the first 45 days your account is open equal or greater than $299 ("Qualifying Purchase") will automatically qualify for a 12-month Deferred Interest Promotion (with payment). Purchase price must be paid in full within twelve billing cycles of the purchase date; minimum payments must be made on account; and account must not otherwise be in default during the promotional period or finance charges will be assessed from the purchase date. Length of the promotional period could be shorter depending upon the timing and amount of your payments and other account balances. After the expiration of the promotional period, any remaining balance on your Qualifying Purchase will bear interest at the Purchase APR disclosed in your card member agreement. Promotional financing is offered in connection with Sony Card credit cards, which are issued by Chase Bank USA, N.A., and subject to credit approval. Offer available to new Sony Card accounts only. As of 10/08/08 and subject to change, the following rates and terms apply for new Sony Card credit cards: Purchase
APR = 11.49% variable; Overdraft Advance APR = 13.49% fixed; Default APR = up to 28.49% variable; Cash Advance APR = 20.49% variable; Transaction fee for Balance Transfers and Cash Advances: 3% of the amount of the transaction, but not less than $10; Minimum Finance Charge $1.00. Offer available to new Sony Card accounts only.
Pricing and Terms

††User responsible for all applicable Internet fees. Some services or features may require additional fees. Video output in HD requires cables and an HD-compatible display, both sold separately. Copy-protected Blu-ray video discs can only output at 1080p using an HDMI cable connected to a device that is compatible with the HDCP standard. HDMI cable not included.
To ensure ongoing receipt of these emails, please add our "From" address to your address book:
[email protected].

UNSUBSCRIBE
You have received this email because you opted to receive correspondence from us.

Please do not respond to this email. This is an automated mailbox.
To unsubscribe from the PlayStation® mailing list, proceed to www.us.playstation.com.
Please note that the unsubscribe process may take up to ten (10) business days to complete. If you receive additional emails within this time period, your request is still being processed. It is not necessary to unsubscribe again. If you continue to receive emails after this period, or for information on our Privacy Policy, please call 1-800-345-7669.
Our Privacy Policy can also be found on www.us.playstation.com.

LEGAL
SCEA is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, any lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, misspelled email addresses, lost or deleted email transmissions due to the settings in your email application. Any of these factors may limit one's ability to successfully participate in this activity.

Buzz! is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. Developed by Relentless Software.
© 2008 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.

Singstar is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. © 2008 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. Developed by SCEE London Studio.
The NBA and individual NBA member team identifications reproduced on this product are trademarks and copyrighted designs, and/or other forms of intellectual property, that are exclusive property of NBA Properties, Inc. and the respective NBA member teams and may not be used, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of NBA Properties, Inc. © 2008 NBA Properties, Inc. All rights reserved. © 2008 Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation © 2008 Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
LittleBigPlanet © 2008 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. Developed by Media Molecule. LittleBigPlanet is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.
MotorStorm is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. © 2007 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. Published by Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. Developed by Evolution Studios Ltd. All rights reserved.
Resistance 2 is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. Developed by Insomniac Games.
© 2008 Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.

Amazon, Amazon.com and the Amazon.com logo are registered trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
"PlayStation", "PLAYSTATION", and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Underground is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. © 2008 Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. The Sony Computer Entertainment logo is a registered trademark of Sony Corporation.
Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc., 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Foster City, CA 94404

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dem Pyros']Can anyone confirm that this deal worked for them?

I'm trying to buy one using the $100 code, but Amazon keeps stating that "This promotional code is not available for these items"

Can anyone who actually went through with this clarify?[/QUOTE]
i can definitely confirm that it worked.

i ordered saturday.

got the shipping notice this morning.

The following items have been shipped to you by Amazon.com:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty Item Price Shipped Subtotal

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Amazon.com items (Sold by Amazon.com, LLC):

1 Sleeping Beauty (Two-Disc ... $23.99 1 $23.99

1 The Nightmare Before Chris... $22.99 1 $22.99

1 Playstation 3 80GB $399.99 1 $399.99

1 LittleBigPlanet $59.99 1 $59.99

Shipped via UPS

Tracking number: 1Z________

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Item Subtotal: $506.96
Shipping and handling: $11.45

Super Saver Discount: $-11.45

Promotion Applied: $-100.00

Total: $406.96

remember, you gotta choose a game and two movies from the respective lists at the beginning of the thread. i already wanted these items, so i just added all four to my cart individually, checked out, entered the code, and the final price went to 406. simple.

the $150 back from the sony card is not processed at the checkout though. that's separate.

[quote name='alucard454']i can definitely confirm that it worked.

i ordered saturday.

got the shipping notice this morning.
[/quote]
Thanks for replying!

Here's what I've been doing:

Clicked on the link from the Email. That brings me to the Amazon page with the items available.

Selected the four items (PS3, LBP, Iron Man, and Nightmare Before Christmas) using the check marks on the page, and then clicked "Add to Cart" in the corner.

Cart reads all four items.

Clicked "proceed to checkout"

On the right, entered the promotional code in the "Have any gift cards, gift certificates, or promotional codes" box and clicked apply.

Amazon states:
We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions.

What is it I'm doing wrong?

[quote name='Dem Pyros']Thanks for replying!

Here's what I've been doing:

Clicked on the link from the Email. That brings me to the Amazon page with the items available.

Selected the four items (PS3, LBP, Iron Man, and Nightmare Before Christmas) using the check marks on the page, and then clicked "Add to Cart" in the corner.

Cart reads all four items.

Clicked "proceed to checkout"

On the right, entered the promotional code in the "Have any gift cards, gift certificates, or promotional codes" box and clicked apply.

Amazon states:

What is it I'm doing wrong?

[/QUOTE]

well that's just flat-out bizarre. I've got three suggestions, i think.

first, i know this shouldn't matter at all, but there are two different times/places you can enter the promo code. you should be able to do either, but eeevvvvvery now and then, i've seen codes only work with one or the other. i put my code in at the credit card selection stage. again, this really shouldn't change anything, but i would start by switching which stage you put the code in. meh.

second. again, totally shouldn't matter, but try adding the items individually. i just typed each item in the search box and added them to the cart one by one. maybe there's some special version of iron man that is the only eligible one and they put the wrong one in the check box area? no idea, but whatever. can't hurt to try. (also, make sure your cart is completely empty before you start this. maybe some other items are interfering?)

finally, i'd try different movies. i know LBP works, and i know nightmare before christmas worked. maybe just try adding different items until you get the code to work? if you can't ever get it to work, no matter which of the eligible items you select, call amazon.

i mean, you did everything right. i know there wasn't any sort of magic voodoo crap required, and i can't see anything in your order process that differs from mine in a way that should matter. so at least you aren't crazy :lol:

anyway, good luck!

[quote name='schultzed']Why wouldn't you get the one that Amazon offers?

I got a 3rd-party plan from Amazon for a camera and was able to get it serviced for no cost.

All of the service plans are 3rd-party anyway. Nintendo outsources for service and I bet Sony does as well.[/quote]
I searched out the service plan on Amazon, as I mentioned in an earlier post, and everyone on Amazon said it was crap and complained about it and rated it horribly. So I need to know if Sony offers their own service plan for the PS3?

[quote name='alucard454']well that's just flat-out bizarre. I've got three suggestions, i think.

first, i know this shouldn't matter at all, but there are two different times/places you can enter the promo code. you should be able to do either, but eeevvvvvery now and then, i've seen codes only work with one or the other. i put my code in at the credit card selection stage. again, this really shouldn't change anything, but i would start by switching which stage you put the code in. meh.

second. again, totally shouldn't matter, but try adding the items individually. i just typed each item in the search box and added them to the cart one by one. maybe there's some special version of iron man that is the only eligible one and they put the wrong one in the check box area? no idea, but whatever. can't hurt to try. (also, make sure your cart is completely empty before you start this. maybe some other items are interfering?)

finally, i'd try different movies. i know LBP works, and i know nightmare before christmas worked. maybe just try adding different items until you get the code to work? if you can't ever get it to work, no matter which of the eligible items you select, call amazon.

i mean, you did everything right. i know there wasn't any sort of magic voodoo crap required, and i can't see anything in your order process that differs from mine in a way that should matter. so at least you aren't crazy :lol:

anyway, good luck![/quote]

Thanks for the suggestions!

1.) I just re-did it and added all the items individually. This time:
Console - 80gb
LBP
Nightmare Before Christmas
Speed Racer

Cart was otherwise empty.

2.) Used a disposable, temporary email account with no default account settings present.

Entered the code at the credit card screen - worked like a charm.

Maybe Amazon is just screwy...;)

Thanks for verifying my sanity at least! :lol:

[quote name='Dem Pyros']Thanks for the suggestions!

1.) I just re-did it and added all the items individually. This time:
Console - 80gb
LBP
Nightmare Before Christmas
Speed Racer

Cart was otherwise empty.

2.) Used a disposable, temporary email account with no default account settings present.

Entered the code at the credit card screen - worked like a charm.

Maybe Amazon is just screwy...;)

Thanks for verifying my sanity at least! :lol:[/QUOTE]

well congratulations on both your success and your sanity! :)

If anyone would be so kind as to pm the the $100 code, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm willing to negotiate ;).

[quote name='cheba63']If anyone would be so kind as to pm the the $100 code, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm willing to negotiate ;).[/QUOTE]

Anyone?

Hmmm...

I'll have to go through my email account and try to find this email. I got it last week, but already had a PS3, so I trashed it (without really reading it).

I hate to beg, but if anybody has a spare $50 or $100 coupon please send me a pm. Thanks!

edit: I got a $50 code thanks to a kind CAG! Now to just wait for the card to come in since I got the "notified by letter" message.

I tried applying for the Sony Card but wasn't approved. I can paypal $5 to anyone who has a code they aren't using. Thanks in advance.

I will pay for a $100 code as well. Just PM me what you want for it. Alternatively I'd be willing to send the game and movies to someone with a coupon for a fraction of the value. I'm just getting a PS3 as a blu ray player for now and have no interest in those movies or any games.

[quote name='ps3freak']I tried applying for the Sony Card but wasn't approved. I can paypal $5 to anyone who has a code they aren't using. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Were you turned down flat or did you get the "you'll be notified in writing" message?

[quote name='Rig']Hmmm...

I'll have to go through my email account and try to find this email. I got it last week, but already had a PS3, so I trashed it (without really reading it).[/QUOTE]

Did you find it? Oh, and if you haven't, check your PMs.

I may have a $50 & $100 code available by Saturday hopefully, I'll give them away for a small paypal fee or preferrably MS or PSN point codes.

[quote name='schultzed']Were you turned down flat or did you get the "you'll be notified in writing" message?[/QUOTE]

I got the "you'll be notified within 30 days" prompt immediately after applying for the Sony Card through Amazon.

[quote name='ps3freak']I got the "you'll be notified within 30 days" prompt immediately after applying for the Sony Card through Amazon.[/quote]
I did too last week but have already been notified by Sony Chase its on the way, ps3 here i come!!!:bouncy:

[quote name='farfus']I did too last week but have already been notified by Sony Chase its on the way, ps3 here i come!!!:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

How did they notify you? Email . . . letter . . .

[quote name='lilboo']:lol: why are people hoarding..trading..selling these things? :whistle2:s.[/QUOTE]

I know, tell me about it. If you're not going to use the code, give it away, you got it for free. What happened to the community aspect here?

ive been a member of the playstation underground and amazon for years and have not received one of these promotions. i love how i asked a question and it is lost withing the dozens of i have / i want posts. if you want one pm the people who say they have one and make an offer as opposed to posting and saying pm me.

Yea but no one was posting that they had one. I think out of all the pages, I have only seen 2 people say that they have codes available for trade.

[quote name='schultzed']How did they notify you? Email . . . letter . . .[/quote]

Got an email this morning, will let you know when im set up, though. One of the probs with Sony is they use two cc's to run promo's through and i need to make sure im signed up with the one that i can get the $150 promo through. Will let ya know when im totally for sure, but one way or another i will be owning a ps3 fairly soon, one deal or another lol. Kudos to CAG for all the super buys here!!!:bouncy:

[quote name='ps3freak']I got the "you'll be notified within 30 days" prompt immediately after applying for the Sony Card through Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Hang in there . . . I applied last Thurs., got the "notified" later message, and haven't heard anything.

But I just called the number (mentioned in post #85) and I'm approved!

Said the card will be in the mail.

Funny thing . . . even though I didn't get instant approval, the credit line is 10K.

Got my sonycard yesterday and made my order this morning. Be careful if you are an Amazon Prime member because it splits the order into 2 separate ones and takes the promo code off. It also says that the code has been redeemed if you try to re-enter it. Took me 2 customer service calls to get it taken care of.
Also, here's a $50 code up for grabs: 9JTU-JZRBV9-56P38X

If i get my card today will probably just go ahead and order a ps3, i figure whatever i lose in promo offers i will make up through other things here lol...:bouncy:

[quote name='Sariavo']Got my sonycard yesterday and made my order this morning. Be careful if you are an Amazon Prime member because it splits the order into 2 separate ones and takes the promo code off. It also says that the code has been redeemed if you try to re-enter it. Took me 2 customer service calls to get it taken care of.
Also, here's a $50 code up for grabs: 9JTU-JZRBV9-56P38X[/QUOTE]

Was there any mention of the $150 rebate?

Any idea how to get it?

[quote name='schultzed']Was there any mention of the $150 rebate?

Any idea how to get it?[/QUOTE]

Oh, the fine print in the email says:

"Register your Sony Card at sony.com/sonycard, complete and mail in the rebate form with proof of PLAYSTATION 3 system purchase at Amazon.com by 03/31/2009. Complete instructions will be sent upon approval for the Sony Card. $150 card credit will be posted to your Sony Card Statement within 8-12 weeks from receipt of the rebate form and proof of purchase. Offer available to new Sony Card accounts only and only one $150 card credit may be earned per Sony Card account. Existing Sony Card account holders or accounts are not eligible."

So, did anyone get information on the $150 back when their Sony Card arrived?

[quote name='farfus']I did too last week but have already been notified by Sony Chase its on the way, ps3 here i come!!!:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I hope I get approved like you did

[quote name='schultzed']Oh, the fine print in the email says:

"Register your Sony Card at sony.com/sonycard, complete and mail in the rebate form with proof of PLAYSTATION 3 system purchase at Amazon.com by 03/31/2009. Complete instructions will be sent upon approval for the Sony Card. $150 card credit will be posted to your Sony Card Statement within 8-12 weeks from receipt of the rebate form and proof of purchase. Offer available to new Sony Card accounts only and only one $150 card credit may be earned per Sony Card account. Existing Sony Card account holders or accounts are not eligible."

So, did anyone get information on the $150 back when their Sony Card arrived?[/QUOTE]

I got an email telling me that after I bought the PS3 and Amazon charged my card that I would get another email with the rebate form. Seems like a kinda roundabout way to do things, but I guess I'll see what happens.

[quote name='schultzed']Hang in there . . . I applied last Thurs., got the "notified" later message, and haven't heard anything.

But I just called the number (mentioned in post #85) and I'm approved!

Said the card will be in the mail.

Funny thing . . . even though I didn't get instant approval, the credit line is 10K.[/QUOTE]

I tried calling the phone number you mentioned, but it also said I would be notified of their decision within 2 weeks. How many days/weeks after you applied were you notified of your approval status? Thanks

I just got my card and activated it, definitely doesnt say anything in the info with the card about the $150 discount, but im gonna register online then go to the Sonystyle site and see what i can dig up there. Since i dont have the Amazon code offer, and prefer buying this particular item direct from Sony gonna try that route will bbl and let you all know what i find out. Will probably be ordering my ps3 though tonight!

[quote name='ps3freak']I tried calling the phone number you mentioned, but it also said I would be notified of their decision within 2 weeks. How many days/weeks after you applied were you notified of your approval status? Thanks[/QUOTE]

I applied last Thurs. (evening) and I checked the number on Monday and got the 2 weeks statement. Then I checked this morning and it said approved . . . so, it was between 4 and 7 days to be approved.

[quote name='farfus']I just got my card and activated it, definitely doesnt say anything in the info with the card about the $150 discount, but im gonna register online then go to the Sonystyle site and see what i can dig up there. Since i dont have the Amazon code offer, and prefer buying this particular item direct from Sony gonna try that route will bbl and let you all know what i find out. Will probably be ordering my ps3 though tonight![/QUOTE]

When did you apply for the card? If you applied directly with Sonystyle before Oct. 31st . . . you should be able to get the $150 through them. If it was after the 1st, you can get $50 back (the current offer).

Does applying through Amazon still give you the $150.00 dollar credit? It says the offer expires in January in the e-mail, so I am curious.

Edit: The fine print does it say it works, but only through amazon only.

[quote name='Kaycen']Does applying through Amazon still give you the $150.00 dollar credit? It says the offer expires in January in the e-mail, so I am curious.

Edit: The fine print does it say it works, but only through amazon only.[/QUOTE]

You apply for the card through Sony/Chase . . . did anyone apply through the link in post #5?

I got a welcome-type email yesterday (8 days after application) but still no card :whistle2:(

The email explains that the rebate form will come through Amazon after you order.

bread's done
Back