Save $50 to $250 on 80GB PS3 (playstation underground code)

The 7th Number

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
I got this in my email, im not going to use it. If anyone wants it, then be my guest. First come first serve.

$50 deal
ps350lh6.jpg

$100-$250 deal
ps3250ij5.jpg

Terms
*One promotional code per customer. To redeem your promotional code, simply:
1. Go to the www.amazon.com Web site.
2. Select the items you want and add them to your Shopping Cart.
3. Click the "Proceed to checkout" button. At the Pay section of the progress bar, you'll see a box on the lower part of the page that says, "Do you have a gift certificate or promotional claim code?"
4. Enter your claim code in the space provided to redeem your promotional code. Then click the "Continue" button and complete the order form.
5. You'll know you have placed your order when you reach a screen that says, "Thank you for your order. We will send you an email confirmation shortly." If you want to review the details of your order, click the appropriate links in the "Managing your order" box, or the Your Account link in the upper right corner of the page.
Promotional codes must be redeemed through our Web site, www.amazon.com, toward the purchase of products listed in Amazon.com's online catalog and sold by Amazon.com. They cannot be redeemed at Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.co.jp, or any other Web site operated by Amazon.com, its affiliates, or third-party merchants accessible from our site.
Promotional codes are not valid in Amazon Marketplace, Auctions, or Shops. Void if copied or transferred and where prohibited by law. Any other use constitutes fraud. In the event of a return, coupon/promotional savings may be deducted from your refund. Promotional code may be combined with other coupons or promotional offers. Purchase price must be equal to or greater than the promotional code amount. Amazon.com reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate or modify this promotion.
Please use our Shopping Cart rather than our 1-Click ordering if you want to pay for your order with a promotional code. This offer expires at 11:59 p.m. PT on 1/31/09. If you have any questions, please see the Help section of our site: www.amazon.com/help.
**Sony Card is issued by Chase Bank N.A., and is subject to credit approval. In some instances an application may require additional processing, in which case instant approval will be unavailable. To qualify for the $150 card credit, you MUST apply for the Sony Card through this promotion by 1/31/2008 AND purchase a new PLAYSTATION 3 system at Amazon.com with your new Sony Card by 01/31/2009. Register your Sony Card at sony.com/sonycard, complete and mail in the rebate form with proof of PLAYSTATION 3 system purchase at Amazon.com by 03/31/2009. Complete instructions will be sent upon approval for the Sony Card. $150 card credit will be posted to your Sony Card Statement within 8-12 weeks from receipt of the rebate form and proof of purchase. Offer available to new Sony Card accounts only and only one $150 card credit may be earned per Sony Card account. Existing Sony Card account holders or accounts are not eligible.
†All single sales receipt purchases made with your Sony Card within the first 45 days your account is open equal or greater than $299 ("Qualifying Purchase") will automatically qualify for a 12-month Deferred Interest Promotion (with payment). Purchase price must be paid in full within twelve billing cycles of the purchase date; minimum payments must be made on account; and account must not otherwise be in default during the promotional period or finance charges will be assessed from the purchase date. Length of the promotional period could be shorter depending upon the timing and amount of your payments and other account balances. After the expiration of the promotional period, any remaining balance on your Qualifying Purchase will bear interest at the Purchase APR disclosed in your card member agreement. Promotional financing is offered in connection with Sony Card credit cards, which are issued by Chase Bank USA, N.A., and subject to credit approval. Offer available to new Sony Card accounts only. As of 10/08/08 and subject to change, the following rates and terms apply for new Sony Card credit cards: Purchase
APR = 11.49% variable; Overdraft Advance APR = 13.49% fixed; Default APR = up to 28.49% variable; Cash Advance APR = 20.49% variable; Transaction fee for Balance Transfers and Cash Advances: 3% of the amount of the transaction, but not less than $10; Minimum Finance Charge $1.00. Offer available to new Sony Card accounts only.
Pricing and Terms

††User responsible for all applicable Internet fees. Some services or features may require additional fees. Video output in HD requires cables and an HD-compatible display, both sold separately. Copy-protected Blu-ray video discs can only output at 1080p using an HDMI cable connected to a device that is compatible with the HDCP standard. HDMI cable not included.
To ensure ongoing receipt of these emails, please add our "From" address to your address book:
[email protected].

UNSUBSCRIBE
You have received this email because you opted to receive correspondence from us.

Please do not respond to this email. This is an automated mailbox.
To unsubscribe from the PlayStation® mailing list, proceed to www.us.playstation.com.
Please note that the unsubscribe process may take up to ten (10) business days to complete. If you receive additional emails within this time period, your request is still being processed. It is not necessary to unsubscribe again. If you continue to receive emails after this period, or for information on our Privacy Policy, please call 1-800-345-7669.
Our Privacy Policy can also be found on www.us.playstation.com.

LEGAL
SCEA is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, any lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, misspelled email addresses, lost or deleted email transmissions due to the settings in your email application. Any of these factors may limit one's ability to successfully participate in this activity.

Buzz! is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. Developed by Relentless Software.
© 2008 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.

Singstar is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. © 2008 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. Developed by SCEE London Studio.
The NBA and individual NBA member team identifications reproduced on this product are trademarks and copyrighted designs, and/or other forms of intellectual property, that are exclusive property of NBA Properties, Inc. and the respective NBA member teams and may not be used, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of NBA Properties, Inc. © 2008 NBA Properties, Inc. All rights reserved. © 2008 Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation © 2008 Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
LittleBigPlanet © 2008 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. Developed by Media Molecule. LittleBigPlanet is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.
MotorStorm is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. © 2007 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. Published by Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. Developed by Evolution Studios Ltd. All rights reserved.
Resistance 2 is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. Developed by Insomniac Games.
© 2008 Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.

Amazon, Amazon.com and the Amazon.com logo are registered trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
"PlayStation", "PLAYSTATION", and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Underground is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. © 2008 Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. The Sony Computer Entertainment logo is a registered trademark of Sony Corporation.
Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc., 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Foster City, CA 94404

Last edited by a moderator:
I would very much appreciate either the 50 or the 100 code if you're not going to use one or the other. Hoping to make a purchase next week!!

Can you combine the codes with the free Resistance 2 deal going on tomorrow? I haven't gotten my Chase card yet though so unfortunately I can't get it either way.

I have a $50 off code for "trade" . . . so you could get LBP for $10. PM me.

PS, I'm not looking for much, a cheap game or guide or something of low value . . .

Update: Code now gone.

[quote name='encendido5']Can you combine the codes with the free Resistance 2 deal going on tomorrow? I haven't gotten my Chase card yet though so unfortunately I can't get it either way.[/QUOTE]

No, my attempt to use 2 codes failed. I made the order anyway and called to see if I could a CS worker to push it through . . . but, alas, no.

Im looking for either 50$ or 100$ code, I dont have much to offer, but im willing to buy it for a few bucks paypal if anyone still has either.

[quote name='encendido5']Can you combine the codes with the free Resistance 2 deal going on tomorrow? I haven't gotten my Chase card yet though so unfortunately I can't get it either way.[/QUOTE]

Holy Schnikes! It appears that I was successful in my effort to double-dip.

When I tried to combine the codes (2 am CST) it failed so I ordered it all (thinking it would take time to process). Then I sent an email describing the trouble to Amazon and went to bed. In the morning I called and talked to a rep who said I couldn't combine the codes. I figured fine no biggie and had her cancel the items. Then I went out with my family (took the kids to Bolt).

Upon getting home, I checked my email and found this:

> Please accept our apologies for the difficulty you experienced with this
> promotion.
>
> After checking the promotion restrictions, I kindly request you to place
> the order for the item "Resistance 2 Collector's Edition and PlayStation
> 3 Component AV Cable & USB Cable" and write back to us with the order
> number so that we will either waive or refund you the cost of your order.

Excellent (imagine Mr. Burns' voice).

Anyone have a code they would be willing to PM to me? I would consider trading you a sweet copy of the Puppy Luv game for the Wii......oh yes awesome.

I am also looking for a code, I never received a email from PSU either. If you have a code, please PM me! This will make a great xmas gift for my GF!

I have a $50 code that I will let go for a couple bucks. PM me.

I haven't heard back from this guy that wanted my $100 code, so that's potentially available as well.

Well I ordered my PS3 but I didn't even get an email about the rebate or anything... Is this bad? Do you need to submit a form or will they take it off automatically?

I've got an extra $50 code, pm me if you want it. TAKEN

I did not receive the email from chase saying "your ready to get 150 off a PS3 at Amazon" until after I created an account on the chase site. Which was after I placed my order at Amazon, but I'm sure it's fine. Sony told me the code should work on any version of the PS3 and the email just says PS3 so I ordered the 160GB Drake bundle with the $60 amazon game credit offer.

I could not get the coupon to apply with my current account which has prime. I created a new account and the $100 coupon applied to the 160GB PS3 fine.

Still even without prime Amazon broke the order into 2 groups the PS3 and the Game/BR's. The PS# went into shipping mode first so I got to change the billing for the other stuff to a different Credit Card so I would not mess up the Same as Cash offer. By that I mean if you have a same as cash purchase and a regular purchase chase will credit your payments to the lost interest rate purchase first. Thus while the PS3 gets 12 months same a s cash their charging you interest on the smaller order. Or at least this is how the CRS at chase ewxplained it to me.

I doubt I will be using mine any time soon since I have no credit history and don't want to start it off with Chase. I will give them in exchange xbox 360 points. PM for them.
That way it can all be done by e-mail. Only for CAGiversaries, and maybe veterans with a good iTrader score. I think a reasonable price can be reached.

Currently have:
$50
$100 pending

[quote name='darkclawsofchaos']I doubt I will be using mine any time soon since I have no credit history and don't want to start it off with Chase. I will give them in exchange xbox 360 points. PM for them.
That way it can all be done by e-mail. Only for CAGiversaries, and maybe veterans with a good iTrader score. I think a reasonable price can be reached.

Currently have:
$50
$100[/quote]

pming you

[quote name='dubbfoolio']so how quickly can you get the $150 sony card deal? Is it instant?[/QUOTE]
It will take several days. After applying they'll tell you if you're approved right away, but you have to wait for the card to arrive to get your new card number. Then after that you've got to make the PS3 purchase and submit the forms to Sony card for them to credit your account.

[quote name='deadnoob']Where do you get the forms? Nothing came with my card.[/QUOTE]
From the Amazon page:
"Register your Sony Card at sony.com/sonycard, complete and mail in the rebate form with proof of PlayStation 3 system purchase by 03/31/2009. Complete instructions will be sent upon approval for the Sony Card. $150 card credit will be posted to your Sony Card Statement within 8-12 weeks from receipt of the rebate form and proof of purchase."

Id imagine the form is available somewhere on the sony.com/sonycard site then.

[quote name='fbTurbine']
I did not receive the email from chase saying "your ready to get 150 off a PS3 at Amazon" until after I created an account on the chase site. Which was after I placed my order at Amazon, but I'm sure it's fine. Sony told me the code should work on any version of the PS3 and the email just says PS3 so I ordered the 160GB Drake bundle with the $60 amazon game credit offer.

I could not get the coupon to apply with my current account which has prime. I created a new account and the $100 coupon applied to the 160GB PS3 fine.

[/QUOTE]

Interesting idea. I thought about the Uncharted bundle but I wanted to save the $100 :)

I don't care about the extra gigs (although I may later and put in a bigger drive) and I figure that Uncharted will be $20 before long.

But I didn't know about the $60 game credit either :whistle2:(

[quote name='tolian49']From the Amazon page:
"Register your Sony Card at sony.com/sonycard, complete and mail in the rebate form with proof of PlayStation 3 system purchase by 03/31/2009. Complete instructions will be sent upon approval for the Sony Card. $150 card credit will be posted to your Sony Card Statement within 8-12 weeks from receipt of the rebate form and proof of purchase."

Id imagine the form is available somewhere on the sony.com/sonycard site then.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I got an email a few days after the console arrived telling me to sign in to my sonycard account and print out the form. It popped up when I signed in. Just make sure that you're not filtering out the sony card emails - gmail sees them as spam.

I just bought an HDTV so I'm a little hesitant to drop more coin so soon. I may apply for the card and buy myself a PS3 in time for my birthday at the end of the month. Has this deal ever been offered before? I'm wondering if a similar deal will show up down the line if I end up resisting this time.

Anyone want to send me a $100 code? I wish I could promote myself even more somehow to get one, but I dont know what else to say other than I'm a frequent CAGer (vs those who signed up here just to ask for a code).
thanks in advance!

edit: I am just realizing that this thread is a week old so my chances are slim to none, but worth a shot i guess.

Could anyone please send me a $100 code? I tried using mine and they rejected it (ugh...)

If you could I would be willing to send you positive feedback and the $50 code (if in any case you could use it).

Thanks for the help, I would really love to buy a PS3 sometime before February...

Happy holidays to all, and wish me luck!

[quote name='Dem Pyros']Could anyone please send me a $100 code? I tried using mine and they rejected it (ugh...)

If you could I would be willing to send you positive feedback and the $50 code (if in any case you could use it).

Thanks for the help, I would really love to buy a PS3 sometime before February...

Happy holidays to all, and wish me luck![/quote]

You can't give feedback for codes

To make this absolutely clear, you cannot combine the $50 code with the $100 code correct? That is what I am reading but I want to make sure.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']I just bought an HDTV so I'm a little hesitant to drop more coin so soon. I may apply for the card and buy myself a PS3 in time for my birthday at the end of the month. Has this deal ever been offered before? I'm wondering if a similar deal will show up down the line if I end up resisting this time.[/QUOTE]

But how can you have a new HDTV without the PS3 and its BR player? :)

The Sonystyle $150 back has been around for awhile. I was going to apply in October and was bummed out when I forgot and they changed it to $50 back on Nov. 1st.

This particular deal is pretty sweet. $150 back with $100 off LBP and 2 BRs? Adding in a free copy of Resist 2 CE and some cables really made it for me.

I don't think the deal is going to be better until a price drop next summer.

[quote name='darkclawsofchaos']To make this absolutely clear, you cannot combine the $50 code with the $100 code correct? That is what I am reading but I want to make sure.[/QUOTE]

Go look at the details on the first page.

The deal is for $50 off a PS3 and a game OR $100 off a PS3, a game and 2 BRs (see list). For some reason, Sony sent out two codes to each email recipient--hence the trades.

The $150 is an additional cash back but is contingent upon getting a Sony credit card--so you would pay $400 (no shipping or tax) to get the PS3 with a game and 2 BRs (after $100 instant credit). And then get $150 back later applied to the CC.

[quote name='david12795']So if we buy the ps3 first. then apply for the sony card, we will get 150 credit on the card??[/QUOTE]

No, you need to use the card to pay for the PS3. So, you need to sign up and get approved and then receive the card (takes a good week).

[quote name='Hybrid5006']You can't give feedback for codes[/quote]
Even if the code is an exchange for a product?

Anyways, I don't need a code. Ended up going with the $50 code instead.

FYI: Why would a $50 and a $100 work? That doesn't make sense (And just so you know, it doesn't work. So don't try it, or else you'll fry your codes).

[quote name='schultzed']Go look at the details on the first page.

The deal is for $50 off a PS3 and a game OR $100 off a PS3, a game and 2 BRs (see list). For some reason, Sony sent out two codes to each email recipient--hence the trades.

The $150 is an additional cash back but is contingent upon getting a Sony credit card--so you would pay $400 (no shipping or tax) to get the PS3 with a game and 2 BRs (after $100 instant credit). And then get $150 back later applied to the CC.[/quote]

Thank you, that what I was reading based on your first post you made based on SD's info (not the OP's), but can't hurt to confirm.

I just have a few more questions, I'm lost to this

-Is there any catch to this sony card? any monthly fees, charges, interests, etc. Or is it like a normal credit card?

-Once we get the card, we just use it on amazon and apply it to the ps3 and get immediate credit off? or we do we fill out a form afterward and get money later?

David, its a normal CC. No monthly fees. I got one when I bought my PS3 a few years ago to get $150 credit off my first purchase which was a PS3. They changed it now that you have to buy from the sony store or a authorized retailer to get the credit. i would think the site for the card has the list of stores its good at.

[quote name='schultzed']No, my attempt to use 2 codes failed. I made the order anyway and called to see if I could a CS worker to push it through . . . but, alas, no.[/quote]

Thanks, figured as much, and now I don't feel too bad about not having the card yet.

[quote name='schultzed']Holy Schnikes! It appears that I was successful in my effort to double-dip.

When I tried to combine the codes (2 am CST) it failed so I ordered it all (thinking it would take time to process). Then I sent an email describing the trouble to Amazon and went to bed. In the morning I called and talked to a rep who said I couldn't combine the codes. I figured fine no biggie and had her cancel the items. Then I went out with my family (took the kids to Bolt).

Upon getting home, I checked my email and found this:

> Please accept our apologies for the difficulty you experienced with this
> promotion.
>
> After checking the promotion restrictions, I kindly request you to place
> the order for the item "Resistance 2 Collector's Edition and PlayStation
> 3 Component AV Cable & USB Cable" and write back to us with the order
> number so that we will either waive or refund you the cost of your order.

Excellent (imagine Mr. Burns' voice).[/quote]

Wow... I guess I spoke too soon. congrats!

Looks like the PS3/Wall-e/Disney Sing it bundle is on the page for $399, but the coupon doesn't work anymore. It's a long shot, but I might try doing the same thing as schultzed and try to get the double-dip.

bread's done
Back