Save $50 to $250 on 80GB PS3 (playstation underground code)

The 7th Number

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
I got this in my email, im not going to use it. If anyone wants it, then be my guest. First come first serve.

$50 deal
ps350lh6.jpg

$100-$250 deal
ps3250ij5.jpg

Terms
*One promotional code per customer. To redeem your promotional code, simply:
1. Go to the www.amazon.com Web site.
2. Select the items you want and add them to your Shopping Cart.
3. Click the "Proceed to checkout" button. At the Pay section of the progress bar, you'll see a box on the lower part of the page that says, "Do you have a gift certificate or promotional claim code?"
4. Enter your claim code in the space provided to redeem your promotional code. Then click the "Continue" button and complete the order form.
5. You'll know you have placed your order when you reach a screen that says, "Thank you for your order. We will send you an email confirmation shortly." If you want to review the details of your order, click the appropriate links in the "Managing your order" box, or the Your Account link in the upper right corner of the page.
Promotional codes must be redeemed through our Web site, www.amazon.com, toward the purchase of products listed in Amazon.com's online catalog and sold by Amazon.com. They cannot be redeemed at Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.co.jp, or any other Web site operated by Amazon.com, its affiliates, or third-party merchants accessible from our site.
Promotional codes are not valid in Amazon Marketplace, Auctions, or Shops. Void if copied or transferred and where prohibited by law. Any other use constitutes fraud. In the event of a return, coupon/promotional savings may be deducted from your refund. Promotional code may be combined with other coupons or promotional offers. Purchase price must be equal to or greater than the promotional code amount. Amazon.com reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate or modify this promotion.
Please use our Shopping Cart rather than our 1-Click ordering if you want to pay for your order with a promotional code. This offer expires at 11:59 p.m. PT on 1/31/09. If you have any questions, please see the Help section of our site: www.amazon.com/help.
**Sony Card is issued by Chase Bank N.A., and is subject to credit approval. In some instances an application may require additional processing, in which case instant approval will be unavailable. To qualify for the $150 card credit, you MUST apply for the Sony Card through this promotion by 1/31/2008 AND purchase a new PLAYSTATION 3 system at Amazon.com with your new Sony Card by 01/31/2009. Register your Sony Card at sony.com/sonycard, complete and mail in the rebate form with proof of PLAYSTATION 3 system purchase at Amazon.com by 03/31/2009. Complete instructions will be sent upon approval for the Sony Card. $150 card credit will be posted to your Sony Card Statement within 8-12 weeks from receipt of the rebate form and proof of purchase. Offer available to new Sony Card accounts only and only one $150 card credit may be earned per Sony Card account. Existing Sony Card account holders or accounts are not eligible.
†All single sales receipt purchases made with your Sony Card within the first 45 days your account is open equal or greater than $299 ("Qualifying Purchase") will automatically qualify for a 12-month Deferred Interest Promotion (with payment). Purchase price must be paid in full within twelve billing cycles of the purchase date; minimum payments must be made on account; and account must not otherwise be in default during the promotional period or finance charges will be assessed from the purchase date. Length of the promotional period could be shorter depending upon the timing and amount of your payments and other account balances. After the expiration of the promotional period, any remaining balance on your Qualifying Purchase will bear interest at the Purchase APR disclosed in your card member agreement. Promotional financing is offered in connection with Sony Card credit cards, which are issued by Chase Bank USA, N.A., and subject to credit approval. Offer available to new Sony Card accounts only. As of 10/08/08 and subject to change, the following rates and terms apply for new Sony Card credit cards: Purchase
APR = 11.49% variable; Overdraft Advance APR = 13.49% fixed; Default APR = up to 28.49% variable; Cash Advance APR = 20.49% variable; Transaction fee for Balance Transfers and Cash Advances: 3% of the amount of the transaction, but not less than $10; Minimum Finance Charge $1.00. Offer available to new Sony Card accounts only.
Pricing and Terms

††User responsible for all applicable Internet fees. Some services or features may require additional fees. Video output in HD requires cables and an HD-compatible display, both sold separately. Copy-protected Blu-ray video discs can only output at 1080p using an HDMI cable connected to a device that is compatible with the HDCP standard. HDMI cable not included.
To ensure ongoing receipt of these emails, please add our "From" address to your address book:
[email protected].

UNSUBSCRIBE
You have received this email because you opted to receive correspondence from us.

Please do not respond to this email. This is an automated mailbox.
To unsubscribe from the PlayStation® mailing list, proceed to www.us.playstation.com.
Please note that the unsubscribe process may take up to ten (10) business days to complete. If you receive additional emails within this time period, your request is still being processed. It is not necessary to unsubscribe again. If you continue to receive emails after this period, or for information on our Privacy Policy, please call 1-800-345-7669.
Our Privacy Policy can also be found on www.us.playstation.com.

LEGAL
SCEA is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, any lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, misspelled email addresses, lost or deleted email transmissions due to the settings in your email application. Any of these factors may limit one's ability to successfully participate in this activity.

Buzz! is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. Developed by Relentless Software.
© 2008 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.

Singstar is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. © 2008 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. Developed by SCEE London Studio.
The NBA and individual NBA member team identifications reproduced on this product are trademarks and copyrighted designs, and/or other forms of intellectual property, that are exclusive property of NBA Properties, Inc. and the respective NBA member teams and may not be used, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of NBA Properties, Inc. © 2008 NBA Properties, Inc. All rights reserved. © 2008 Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation © 2008 Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
LittleBigPlanet © 2008 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. Developed by Media Molecule. LittleBigPlanet is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.
MotorStorm is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. © 2007 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. Published by Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. Developed by Evolution Studios Ltd. All rights reserved.
Resistance 2 is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. Developed by Insomniac Games.
© 2008 Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.

Amazon, Amazon.com and the Amazon.com logo are registered trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
"PlayStation", "PLAYSTATION", and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Underground is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. © 2008 Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. The Sony Computer Entertainment logo is a registered trademark of Sony Corporation.
Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc., 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Foster City, CA 94404

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='encendido5']Lol, even when we get awesome deals, we're still not satisfied :lol:[/QUOTE]

It is funny.

My PS3 arrived today (I already sold off Iron Man--net about $20). So, I load up Ratchet and Clank (mint used copy I got for $24) and it says that my HDD is full. WTF! I called Sony support and they suggest a full format of the hard drive . . . no problem but it will take almost 5 hours. What a buzz kill.

[quote name='Jobberwock']Did it actually have to be a purchase of over $300? I thought it was more like, theres a -$150 charge on your credit card statement that is applied when a PS3 shows up on there, as long as it was purchased at one of their authorized dealers.

That's how I saw it, but since I haven't read all the fine print, as they haven't approved me yet, I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

I think he got the Sonystyle card through the old offer. $150 back on your first purchase over $300. The newer offer is the $150 back on a PS3 80 GB purchase.

Sold my 100 dollar coupon and a have a 50 off coupon left.

2.50 dollars for the 50 coupon. (gotta eat!)

I'm getting a little worried about my $150 rebate . . . I have not received an email with info on the rebate.

I didn't "join" Sony rewards (at the website) before I placed the order . . . this could be the problem.

I thought everything was fine because I received an email about the $150 rebate (from Sony Rewards) on 11/21. It said I would receive a rebate form after my purchase.

I know some posters bought the PS3 with the Chase Sony card but some of you signed up before the Playstation Underground offer. Has anyone gotten the rebate email who got the card through the PSU link?

I'm trying to hammer this out with Sony through customer service.

Well guys, just got back an email from Sony, and they didnt offer any assistance in getting me in on the amazon deal just said contact amazon. While id consider doing that if i really wanted a ps3 im gonna just hold off till another sure fire deal comes through (yes could be sometime next year). At least ive gotten a great deal on the 360 so i can finally experience very fun "next gen" gaming and will let you all know if something good comes along in the meantime. Good luck with all your work on trying to get this and other promos on the ps3 working!! :bouncy:

Yeah I had the same response from Sony's customer rep - sent an email to amazon to get that $100 off coupon - will let you know how it goes.

[quote name='finkel98']Yeah I had the same response from Sony's customer rep - sent an email to amazon to get that $100 off coupon - will let you know how it goes.[/quote]

let us know please
icon_smile.gif

Pandastew - I sure hope so ;)

$150 off with the credit card + 1 free games and 2 free bd movies - can not ask for more ;)

Got this today 12/5/08:

Greetings from Amazon.com.

I'm following up with my previous email regarding the $100 off for PlayStation 3.

I have checked with our appropriate department and confirmed that the customers who have received a promotional e-mail only qualify for this offer and there is no way to sign up or there is no way to obtain this promotional code. You must have received an e-mail from Sony or Amazon.com to qualify for this offer along with promotional code.

I hope this information is helpful.

Again, we are very sorry for this inconvenience. We appreciate your business and hope that we will see you again soon at Amazon.com.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and thanks for shopping at Amazon.com.

Best regards,

Amazon.com Customer Service

Luckily I was able to trade with a fellow CAG earlier this week. I hope the code works now. Good luck to all those who are interested in the deal.

Happy Holidays

I hope I am not that late in the game. Anyone got $50 or $100 code? I am willing to trade/compensate. Please pm me.

Thanks!

i got a $50 code and im having trouble redeeming it. it says to check conditions of promo code. wtf???? i previously used a $100 code and it worked fine, why wont it work now?

only one per acct. and its a one time use promo code bigwoof

what did you say to amazon rep? I mentioned to the rep that sony rep approved of the promo and I quoted the message given to me by PSU rep. you cannot directly ask amazon without asking Sony rep first. sony rep should give you "we will honor this deal please contact amazon." that how I got amazon to honor the promo for me. and I mentioned that my mail was deleted.

I have contacted Sony multiple times and have been told that "Sony does not offer coupons. Please contact the retailer concerning your issue" and that " its possible this promotion is sponsored by Amazon and not directly related to Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) or the PlayStation Underground". I have also contacted Amazon and been told by to contact Sony.

I have a PSU account, and never received the email (might have been marked as spam)

I have tried to contact [email protected]
and never received a response

If someone has a better contact or a response from Sony regarding this promotion, please share with the rest of the forum.

[quote name='schultzed']I'm getting a little worried about my $150 rebate . . . I have not received an email with info on the rebate.

I didn't "join" Sony rewards (at the website) before I placed the order . . . this could be the problem.

I thought everything was fine because I received an email about the $150 rebate (from Sony Rewards) on 11/21. It said I would receive a rebate form after my purchase.

I know some posters bought the PS3 with the Chase Sony card but some of you signed up before the Playstation Underground offer. Has anyone gotten the rebate email who got the card through the PSU link?

I'm trying to hammer this out with Sony through customer service.[/quote]

Let me know how it goes because I might be in the same boat. I never signed up for the Rewards but I did get the original email. I haven't gotten a follow up email yet even though I placed my order on Tuesday.

edit: my PS3 hasn't shipped yet from Amazon though so I guess I haven't gotten charged for it yet either so that might explain why. I just signed up to the Sony Rewards website though just in case.

edit 2: just saw this on an amazon page:

Attention Everyone who purchased a PS3 with a new Sony Card for a $150 card credit rebate. I just received directions on how to get that rebate form that everyone has been looking for. I emailed Sony Card asking them how I can get that form and this is their reply. I filled out the form last night and hopefully it will work. Best wishes to all.

Subject: Re: Rebate for $150 card credit for purchase of PS3 at Amazon.com
To find the rebate form online please follow these steps.
1)Login to www.sonyrewards.com
2)Click on the ?Your Account? section at the top of the page.
3)Select ?Rebate Form?
4)Follow the instructions provided to submit the form to receive your
rebate.

Please note you will only be able to access the form if your SonyCard is
linked to your Rewards
account.

Thank you, Encendido5 thats the most useful post for me yet. I dont really care about much more than getting a ps3 for 250 with the Sony Card. I hadnt signed up for Sony Rewards (not knowing of it) so when i get back home tuesday i will check into it. Thanks very much!!:bouncy:

[quote name='encendido5'] of PS3 at Amazon.com
3)Select ?Rebate Form?
rebate.

linked to your Rewards
account.[/QUOTE]

Where does "rebate form" appear on the page? I don't see anything like it.

I have a different issue because the CSR told me that a "Rebate Tab" hadn't appeared in my account.

I haven't heard back from Sony . . . I'm sure I'll be on the phone with them again on Monday :whistle2:(

I'll get the rebate but I'm sure it will take about $150 worth of work :)

[quote name='encendido5']

Attention Everyone who purchased a PS3 with a new Sony Card for a $150 card credit rebate. I just received directions on how to get that rebate form that everyone has been looking for. I emailed Sony Card asking them how I can get that form and this is their reply..[/QUOTE]

I got a rebate email last night and now my account page has a rebate link.

I think my phone call helped push it along.

I'll fill it in now.

[quote name='schultzed']I got a rebate email last night and now my account page has a rebate link.

I think my phone call helped push it along.

I'll fill it in now.[/quote]

Sweet! good to know the system actually worked. Thanks a lot for your updates, I'm sure you've helped a lot of CAG's including me from getting too worried. :)

Stupid Amazon now drops the price of LBP by $20... I know they can do whatever they want, but I hate how they got rid of their price matching policy.

I ended up using the $50 code after having issues with the $100 one. Called them up, followed up with an email, and they gave me $100 in promotional cash.

I love you Amazon! :D

[quote name='encendido5']
Attention Everyone who purchased a PS3 with a new Sony Card for a $150 card credit rebate. I just received directions on how to get that rebate form that everyone has been looking for. I emailed Sony Card asking them how I can get that form and this is their reply. I filled out the form last night and hopefully it will work. Best wishes to all.

Subject: Re: Rebate for $150 card credit for purchase of PS3 at Amazon.com
3)Select ?Rebate Form?
rebate.

linked to your Rewards
account.[/quote]

My card is linked to my account but I don't see any Rebate Form section. Does anyone know how to check that it's linked properly or how to get the rebate form if it is but still isn't showing up?

Does the rebate not show up until the rewards points from the PS3 purchase hit your account or should it show up within a few days of purchase? Because I've had the PS3 since Friday and ordered it a week ago and haven't seen any rebate form!

I know this thread seems to becoming like a center for begging, but anyone with a $100 code they'd be willing to give me? Would like it as a birthday present to myself, as its my birthday :)

I tried applying for the Sony Card, and they said something to the effect of "they will let me know." Not exact words, however, imagine you should get the drift. Juding from my past experience with other credit cards, seems to be if it is not instant, that is delayed code word for no. However, we shall see.

Once approved, how long till you can get your card?

I got instantly approved on Saturday.... Hoping it comes in soon because their is a certain retailer I'm hoping to buy one at..

They originally let you know about two days before your card comes. They send you a email talking about your new card and getting you set up with their account services. If they had given me $150 when i signed up i probably would own a ps3 now, but since they didnt and i got a 360 for almost nothing its likely im gonna be a 360 gamer a while. Since most games are for both systems i dont figure im missing much...

If anyone has been waiting . . . right now you can get Resistance 2 CE and Dark Knight Blu-ray free with a PS3 (see thread). Do as I did and combine the deals (if the codes don't work, contact CS).

This is better . . . I got some lousy cables rather than DK. :whistle2:(

[quote name='schultzed']If anyone has been waiting . . . right now you can get Resistance 2 CE and Dark Knight Blu-ray free with a PS3 (see thread). Do as I did and combine the deals (if the codes don't work, contact CS).

This is better . . . I got some lousy cables rather than DK. :whistle2:([/quote]

I need to stop looking on here. Every day I see a better deal than what I got :cry:

Its gonna be like that, man, especially with Amazon , they just one up something else they give an offer for. Im getting set up with the 360 as we speak (which Amazon got me a super deal on) !!

I wanna pick up the new combo but does anyone have a code they wanna give to a poor college student to use for a christmas gift for his parents?

(begging over)

if anyone has a code today i'll buy it from you, 10$ for the 50 and 20$ for the 100, i want to get that PS3 DK package today, got paypal ready to pay you for the code

[quote name='timmylamb']if anyone has a code today i'll buy it from you, 10$ for the 50 and 20$ for the 100, i want to get that PS3 DK package today, got paypal ready to pay you for the code[/quote]

I think people is misunderstanding. $50 off when purchasing a PS3 80GB with 2 qualifying BLU RAY, and another $50 off when purchasing a PS3 with 1 qualifying game. so when they say save $100 it meant $50 + $50 stackable.

[quote name='pandastew']I think people is misunderstanding. $50 off when purchasing a PS3 80GB with 2 qualifying BLU RAY, and another $50 off when purchasing a PS3 with 1 qualifying game. so when they say save $100 it meant $50 + $50 stackable.[/QUOTE]

This is a good point. What you would do is buy the PS3 with R2 CE and DK BR and then get LBP and 2 additional BRs. Getting all of this for about $510-20 . . . with $100 off.

[quote name='schultzed']This is a good point. What you would do is buy the PS3 with R2 CE and DK BR and then get LBP and 2 additional BRs. Getting all of this for about $510-20 . . . with $100 off.[/quote]

I think if you contact amazon rep you can get that R2 CE as your qualified game with ps3 and get $50 off. DK BR won't qualify as part of the buy 2 qualifying BR and get $50 off.

i actually called sony about 2 weeks ago about the 150 dollars back credit, they said if you applied for a new sony card, and make a purchase of over 300 dollars, you get a credit back of 150 within 8-12 weeks. No rebate form to fill out. The purchase must be made before the end of this year. Through amazon, if it's a sony product, it will work. PS3 will work, i even specifically asked for the mgs4 special edition ps3, they said that works too. However, I did apply for my sony chase card when the sonystyle website still had the 150 dollars credit back advertisement all over the place. So it was part of my rewards. Just give sonyrewards a call to see if your card qualifies.

OK - I just got my codes from Amazon - much easier to go this route than to hope that someone here will give you the codes.

Also re: the $150 off credit for a PS3 purchase - the account needs to be OPENED by 01/31/09 and the purchase must be made by 03/07/09. Reading at the fine print below, I don't see any requirement that the purchase mst be above $300...

From the Sony site:

To receive card credit, your account must be opened by 01/31/2009 and PS3 Purchase must be made by 03/07/2009. Card credit will be posted to your PlayStation Card Statement within 8-12 weeks after PS3 Purchase. This promotional offer is available to new PlayStation Card accounts only and only one $150 card credit may be earned per PlayStation Card account. Existing PlayStation Card account holders or accounts are not eligible.

bread's done
Back