Save $60 on Wii Fit by Trading 3 Select Wii Titles at EB/GameStop

whymustiregister

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
This is my first time starting a thread, be kind. ;) I did search before posting.

While at GS on Thursday I picked up a flyer on the counter: Save $60 on Wii Fit by Trading 3 Select Wii Titles. Retail price is $89.99. This promo is a deal only if you can find 3 games on the list that normally trade for $15.39 or less, otherwise you'll get more credit from the usual 20% preorder + Edge bonuses (assuming this promo will be available). Any good candidates? Reply and I'll update this post.

Eligible Titles
Baroque
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Cabela's Big Game Hunter
Carnival Games
Cars: Mater-National
Cooking Mama: Cook Off
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai T3
EA Playground
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Ghost Squad
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
LEGO Star Wars Complete Saga
Madden NFL 2008
Major League Baseball 2K8
Mario and Sonic: Olympic Games
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
Medal of Honor Heroes 2
Medal of Honor Vanguard
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
MLB Power Pros
My Sims
Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution
NBA Live 2008
Need for Speed: Carbon
Need for Speed: Pro Street
No More Heroes
Okami
Pokémon Battle Revolution
Rapala Tournament Fishing!
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Sims 2: Castaway
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Tiqer Woods PGA Tour 2008
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007
Transformers The Game
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008

Terms
Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Full trade value amount must be applied toward reservation of Wii Fit. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No Rainchecks. Offer expires on 6/8.

------

If you have some existing credit at GS, you can take advantage of the current B2G1 promo. Ends May 4th.

$26.99 - $2.70 (Edge) = $24.29 * 2 = $48.58 + tax => $60 off Wii Fit

Current used price of $26.99 at GS
Cars: Mater-National ($24.99)
Ghost Squad
Medal of Honor Vanguard
MLB Power Pros
No More Heroes
Transformers The Game

That's a hard list to swallow. Most of those games are really hard to get under $20. Probably, a lot of people who got those awesome Target deals on Wii games could do it.

"Hi, trade something to us for $20 of credit, which we will promptly place 3509 stickers on it and sell it for $44.99."

:whistle2:(

In theory you could buy the games back later when they get cheaper or during a sale and that would roughly be the same thing as using cheap games. If you're not going to play them anyway, right?

Trade your real games for non-games, olol.

Not the best deal, but it's not a bad way to flip GR/BB credit to GS, assuming you want Wii Fit. For Mario Kart, GR/BB had stopped taking pre-order when I went in, so I grabbed Tiger Woods 07 & Transformers for $45 in credit and used them for the 'Trade 2, get Mario Kart for $10' promo at GS. On average, I pay about $.40 on the dollar for GR credit, so it worked out well in my situation.

I bit on the both the MK and SSBB trade 2 + $9.99 deal but this was one is a bit too much for me. I traded in one game I owned and bought one other clearance game each time. I don't think I can part with 3 games (clearance or not) for this.

You can get a deal on this if you look hard enough, probably something like $10 off the $90. But the thing is, you're still paying $80 for minigames and a scale, so we all lose except GameStop.

This deal is OK. I bought Ghost Squad new for $20. Just traded MLB Power Pros on Goozex and Wario Ware on Goozex a couple months ago.

i can't see trading most of those games in as many have unlimited replay value. that's a selling point for many wii games neways :p

but then again, if they're just sitting around gathering dust, maybe a good idea?

If you have some existing credit at GS, you can take advantage of the current B2G1 promo.

$26.99 - $2.70 (Edge) = $24.29 * 2 = $48.58 + tax => $60 off Wii Fit

I'm considering getting Cooking Mama, NMH, and RE4.

Current used price of $26.99 at GS
Cars: Mater-National ($24.99)
Ghost Squad
Medal of Honor Vanguard
MLB Power Pros
No More Heroes
Transformers The Game

I have ghost squad from the amazon sale and i got RE 4 Wii edition from goozex, i might get another one of the qualifying Wii tittles with the current B2G1 sale and it would totally be worth it for me.

Paid $16 for ghost squad, RE4 Wii for 450 goozex points about $20 and if i can get one of the other tittles for free from the sale i could potentially turn $36 into $60 credit for WiiFit!! Not bad at all!

Hmmm.. I've been waiting for this deal to pop up (or something similar). There are 2 goozex games for 400 available adn one for 450 so it's a wash with points vs credits. It's gonna be $30 + tax out of pocket still. Too bad you couldn't trade in a fourth game and pick it up for $9.99.

Thanks for posting OP. I think I'm going to turn in Sony Reward points for Blockbuster gift cards on this one though.

Is it trade 3 Wii games get $60 credit towards Wii Fit or is it trade 3 Wii games get $60 credit for Wii Fit and also get the credit from trading in games?

[quote name='nlyonssmith']Is it trade 3 Wii games get $60 credit towards Wii Fit or is it trade 3 Wii games get $60 credit for Wii Fit and also get the credit from trading in games?[/quote]

3 games + $30 = Wii Fit.

1. Went into Gamestop.
2. Bought 1 copy of Cars Mater-National and 2 copies of MLB Power Pros for $41.39 with the Buy 2 used get one free deal and Edge discount.
3. Pushed them back across the counter along with trade 3 get $60 off coupon.
4. Take receipt for $60 off Wii Fit and smile at the thought that I ended up saving $18.61 for doing pretty much nothing!

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']1. Went into Gamestop.
2. Bought 1 copy of Cars Mater-National and 2 copies of MLB Power Pros for $41.39 with the Buy 2 used get one free deal and Edge discount.
3. Pushed them back across the counter along with trade 3 get $60 off coupon.
4. Take receipt for $60 off Wii Fit and smile at the thought that I ended up saving $18.61 for doing pretty much nothing![/quote]

Can you trade in 2 same titles, or all 3 of them has to be different?

[quote name='goengland']Can you trade in 2 same titles, or all 3 of them has to be different?[/QUOTE]

I got away with trading in 2 copies of MLB Power Pros, but that's a YMMV situation.

Only "bargain" I see right now is buying 3 Transformers the Game off of CC.com if it comes back in stock before the 2 for $30 sale ends. You can buy 3 copies @ 50 or 3 and another game @ 60. So you either end up making 10 or 15 bucks on the trade in. But the game is OOS right now.

Is anyone able to get in on this deal still. I went to 3 EBs and noe were taking pre-orders since they are sold out of the first shipment.

GameStop/EB, Amazon and all other stores that take preorders have stopped taking them as they have sold out of their alloted shipment. Stores like Walmart, best buy, etc. will have when released.

I'm debating on if I should get 3 cheap games from that list through Goozex and trade them in for WiiFit.

Does anyone know when Gamestop would probably get their second shipment?

bread's done
Back