Save game dilemna, requesting info on Max Drive by Datel

FoxStar

CAG Veteran
Hellow fellow CAGers,

I have come across a slight dilemna regarding the saves of one of my games.

Actually, it's my friend's game. She plays Animal Crossing for the Gamecube all the time. However, she saved her game on a THIRD PARTY card.

This might not sound like such a big deal, but I looked for some reviews of the card and many have mentioned that the memory card becomes corrupt after several months of use.

Needless to say I've already tried to "backup" and move, or copy the data to another official Nintendo memory card. However, games like Animal Crossing or F-Zero GX cannot be copied by simply "moving" or "copying."

Which brings me to my question: Does anybody have any idea of being able to transfer my friend's Animal Crossing data onto my PC, then back onto a different memory card?

Or, perhaps more specifically, can anybody tell me about the Max Drive by Datel for the Gamecube? Does the Max Drive have the ability to take data from a third party memory card made by another company other than Datel and Nintendo, transfer it to the PC, and then copy the data onto an official Nintendo memory card?

Please help if possible!

[quote name='FoxStar']
Which brings me to my question: Does anybody have any idea of being able to transfer my friend's Animal Crossing data onto my PC, then back onto a different memory card?

Or, perhaps more specifically, can anybody tell me about the Max Drive by Datel for the Gamecube? Does the Max Drive have the ability to take data from a third party memory card made by another company other than Datel and Nintendo, transfer it to the PC, and then copy the data onto an official Nintendo memory card?
[/quote]

I think the Max Drive is one of those USB memory cards, right? Well, in order to do what you're asking, you have to move it from the card it's on now to the Max Drive (basically another 3rd party memory card) thru the GC, hook it up to a PC to back it up, and then copy it over to the first party card thru the GC. You can't do the first and last steps, since AC files can't be moved or copied. You can only back it up if it was saved on the Max Drive originally. At least that's from my knowledge... but you may find a better answer here.

bread's done
Back