- Appleseed: $8.03
- Astro Boy - The Collection Box Set: $16.07
- Blood: The Last Vampire: $8.03
- Castle of Cagliostro: $10.04
- Dead Leaves: $8.03
- Ghost in the Shell: $8.03
- Ghost in the Shell (SE): $14.06
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Season 1 Boxset: $40.19
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Vol.1, Vol.2, Vol.3, Vol.5: $6.82 each
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Vol.4: $6.80, Vol.6: $6.75, Vol.7: $6.81
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (LE): Vol.1, Vol.2, Vol.3, Vol.6, Vol.7: $20.09 each
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (LE): Vol.4, Vol.5: $12.05 each
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 2nd GIG: Vol.1, Vol.2, Vol.3, Vol.4, Vol.5, Vol.7: $10.04 each
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 2nd GIG (LE): Vol.1, Vol.2, Vol.3, Vol.4, Vol.5, Vol.6: $20.09 each
- Highlander: Search for Vengeance: $11.99 (Not on list)
- Kai Doh Maru: $10.04
- Karas: The Prophecy: $8.04
- Macross: the Movie: $12.05
- Macross II: the Movie: $12.05
- Macross Plus: Collection: $16.07
- Neon Genesis Evangelion - Death & Rebirth/The End of Evangelion: $20.09
- Ninja Scroll: $14.06
- Noein: Vol.1, Vol.2, Vol.3, Vol.4 (Not on list): $8.03 each
- Perfect Blue: $8.03
- Read or Die (OVA): $8.03
- Street Figher II: Animated Movie: $8.03
- Sword for Truth: $10.04
- Tactics: Vol.1, Vol.2, Vol.3, Vol.4 : $10.04 each
- Tokko: Vol.1, Vol.2 (Not on list): $10.04 each
- Vampire Wars: $8.03
- Virus Buster Serge: Boxset: $16.07
- X: the Movie: $12.05

Thanks, WTK! DVDPlanet had a B1G1 sale including GITS Season 1 for $60, but too many folks had received damaged box sets for me to bite.

So, my question is what quality are the DVDs/box sets available from DeepDiscount? I'm tempted to get GITS set but am unfamiliar with their service.

[quote name='klew']Thanks, WTK! DVDPlanet had a B1G1 sale including GITS Season 1 for $60, but too many folks had received damaged box sets for me to bite.

So, my question is what quality are the DVDs/box sets available from DeepDiscount? I'm tempted to get GITS set but am unfamiliar with their service.[/quote] DeepDiscount shipping services is not the best in the world. Unlike Right Stuf, they don't package their DVDs very well. It's a hit and miss on whether you get damaged product(s) or not. But $40.19 for GITS-Season 1 Boxset is a pretty good price!

[quote name='WTK']DeepDiscount shipping services is not the best in the world. Unlike Right Stuf, they don't package their DVDs very well. It's a hit and miss on whether you get damaged product(s) or not. But $40.19 for GITS-Season 1 Boxset is a pretty good price![/QUOTE]

Appreciate the info. Rightstuf has it for $48.99 (1 cent below qualifying for free shipping!!), or $51.99 total. Not sure it's worth the extra $12 to ensure better packaging, but don't need the hassle if I have to return it either. (Too bad can't get in-store for those prices!)

Ugh. To either buy the incredibly cheap GITS 1 box set or spend triple that and pick up all of the special editions? On the one hand, I love soundtracks and this was a very tempting show to get all the stuff for. On the other hand $40 is a lot better then $120. Anyone have any advice?

[quote name='furyk']Ugh. To either buy the incredibly cheap GITS 1 box set or spend triple that and pick up all of the special editions? On the one hand, I love soundtracks and this was a very tempting show to get all the stuff for. On the other hand $40 is a lot better then $120. Anyone have any advice?[/quote]DeepDiscount/DVDPlanet has ran the select Manga/Anchor Bay B1G1 sale in the last couple years. These sales usually offer the best prices if you're looking to collection the GITS LEs. During the last B1G1 sale, the LEs averaged at about $14.99 for most volumes!

[quote name='doubledown']Try "booksale" seems to work for everything...[/QUOTE]

SWEET! $36.17 total for GITS box set (stupid how 4 bucks makes such a difference, but it pulled me off the fence).

Thanks, doubledown!

Here's hoping it arrives on schedule and without a scratch ...

Some decent prices there, but nothing for me.

[quote name='klew']DVDPlanet had a B1G1 sale including GITS Season 1 for $60, but too many folks had received damaged box sets for me to bite.[/quote]

I got mine during that sale and it came in good condition (the box is flimsy, just used to hold 7 individually wrapped volumes). I used GCO so the total was $50. Then I sold the item I bought with GitS for $50 on ebay. So free season 1 of GitS. :bouncy:

[quote name='animemaniac14']tempted to get the EVA movie 2-pack...anyone else think that $18 for this set is a good price?![/QUOTE]

$18 is a great price for that. The problem is the actual content.

[quote name='furyk']Ugh. To either buy the incredibly cheap GITS 1 box set or spend triple that and pick up all of the special editions? On the one hand, I love soundtracks and this was a very tempting show to get all the stuff for. On the other hand $40 is a lot better then $120. Anyone have any advice?[/QUOTE]

Unless you got a sweet DTS surround sound setup, the LE's probably aren't worth the extra cash (the LEs come with 2 DVDs...A regular DVD (the same as the regular edition and a second DVD setup for DTS...you can probably get the soundtrack CDs off Ebay fairly cheap. The extras in with the LE's for SAC are hit or miss for each Vol...Two are T shirts, 1 or 2 are CDs, others are just pretty lame ID cards so some vols are better than others for the extra loot. For Second gig, the LE extras are bit nicer (you get a CD and Toy or two toys, ect) but I think the packaging is pretty lame...it looks cool but is just a pain to handle and it easy to dent or scratch.

I haven't had any serious problems with DDD's packing or delivery. I did get a slightly dented SAC Vol 7 tin box but I blame Bandai for that...its a pretty flimsy tin with zero outside protection...just thinking bad thoughts will probably put dents in it.

I've ordered from DeepDiscount before. As a matter of fact, I think most of my orders were SAC 2nd Gig LE DVDs. It's true that it's a hit or miss with them. I ordered something like 4 of the LEs at a time and two of the boxes were banged up. So I arranged for an exchange and when that arrived, the OTHER two were banged up while the original 2 that I wanted exchanged were fine (they required me to send back my whole order as opposed to just sending in the first two). I gave up at that point considering it wasn't THAT bad, but it would've been nice to get stuff in perfect condition. I just chalked it up to the fact that I saved quite a bit of money as compared to buying them for near MSRP at a B&M store.

To me, I think the problem is that whoever was packing the DVDs just stuffed the packing paper in there without regards to the fact that these DVDs were in boxes made of thin cardboard, thereby crushing them (those of you who've bought or seen these LE DVD packages will know what I'm talking about). Plus, there wasn't any protective packing around the sides so that didn't help, either; they just used enough to fill up the clearance from the DVDs to the top of the box so that they wouldn't bounce around.

I've had other orders from them before that consisted of normal DVD cases or boxsets that are of the solid, fold out kind and haven't had a problem. Their prices are usually pretty good, especially when they have sales. But given my experience, I'm not so sure I would go to them for something more fragile.

Regardless, on that note, I wish they had 2nd Gig LE available because I just bought a copy a few minutes ago from another site for ~$10 more. :cry:

The way I look at it, I'm saving about 65% on the box set, so I'm willing to stomach some damage, as long as the discs aren't affected that is (doesn't mean I wouldn't be disappointed by any dings, though).

Did anyone understand Karas: The Prophecy? I watched half of it on TV, but I'm afraid blood will shoot out of my nose due to the incoherent plot. Are there any prequels or sequels to it that could shed more light?

[quote name='Blade']Did anyone understand Karas: The Prophecy? I watched half of it on TV, but I'm afraid blood will shoot out of my nose due to the incoherent plot. Are there any prequels or sequels to it that could shed more light?[/quote]
Karas: The Prophecy is supposed to be part 1 of 2, so perhaps the second part (which is supposed to be released later this year, if it doesn't get delayed) will clear up some of the confusion. At least, I hope it does.

Ordered the Castle of Cagliostro + a book I was interested in. Thanks.

In for Macross Plus... dammit, I already had the movie edition, but its one of the few animes that I actually enjoy the eng voice acting. Thanks OP!

[quote name='animemaniac14']gonna pick up Neon Genesis Evangelion Movie 2-Pack once i sell my Death & Rebirth single dvd :whistle2:D[/quote]Almost bit on that, but I heard there is a Platinum style edition of each movie coming - anyone know anything else about that? Or should I get this while the gettin's good?

[quote name='siamesellama']Does GITS:SE come with a box for all seven discs? Is the soundtrack in each set the same? Are all box sets the same? (I have GITS v1 & v2 already.)[/quote]

Season 1 has a typical plastic DVD case in a sleeve or, if they come with a CD or shirt, they come in an oversized box. If it comes in the oversized box, there is no sleeve for the case. Season 2 has tin cases in an oversized box, all come with small figurines, and some have a CD. The volume 7 SEs for both seasons come in a large tin that can hold all the DVD cases in the season.

I seem to remember that for the S1 V7 tin, you have to take the cases out of the sleeve to fit them in. For the S2 V7 tin, you can fit all the other tin cases in it (V7 also comes in the normal SE tin cases, so you get 2 tins with this one). The ones that have soundtracks have different ones so you won't be getting the same CD over and over again.

If you're asking about the complete boxset that they're selling, then I have no idea about it.

I got my GITS:SAC complete over the weekend, it is just a non-slip box with the non-CE volumes in it. It did come packed in a box with some paper around it for the people worried about it being crushed in transit.

[quote name='animemaniac14']broke down and finally purchased Neon Genesis Evangelion Movie 2-Pack![/QUOTE]

Well, if you're an EVA fan like myself you won't be disappointed. I thought End of Evangelion was an awesome movie, a weird yet still cool ending befitting the EVA series. :)

[quote name='Alien Spider']Well, if you're an EVA fan like myself you won't be disappointed. I thought End of Evangelion was an awesome movie, a weird yet still cool ending befitting the EVA series. :)[/quote]

i sure hope ill be satisfied with these movies... :whistle2:D

by the way alien spider...i was lookin at your dvd collection and im very im very impressed! i applaud you on having such similar tastes to me :cool:

[quote name='animemaniac14']i sure hope ill be satisfied with these movies... :whistle2:D

by the way alien spider...i was lookin at your dvd collection and im very im very impressed! i applaud you on having such similar tastes to me :cool:[/QUOTE]

lol, thanks! ^_^

I'd say 75% of the DVDs I own is because of all the great deals posted here and at DVDTalk. :D

I might be broke, but at least I won't be bored!

[quote name='Alien Spider']lol, thanks! ^_^

I'd say 75% of the DVDs I own is because of all the great deals posted here and at DVDTalk. :D

I might be broke, but at least I won't be bored![/quote]

spoken like a true cheap ass lol :lol:

Quick question, for those who have it: does the Ghost In The Shell S.A.C. box set have those short tachikoma cartoons that were on the individual volumes?

Final day of the sale, get 'em while you can people!

[quote name='BustaUppa']Quick question, for those who have it: does the Ghost In The Shell S.A.C. box set have those short tachikoma cartoons that were on the individual volumes?

Final day of the sale, get 'em while you can people![/quote]

My individual DVDs had them after each episode and I have a feeling the ones in the box set would be the same.

Wow I'm glad I saw this thread on the front page today. I'm finally going to be able to Complete my Standalone Complex collection with the last dvd & case for the 1st seaon.

bread's done
Back