Save Up to 67% on Select FUNimation & SPHE Anime DVD/BD Titles @ Amazon.com

WTK

CAGiversary!

Last edited by a moderator:
can anyone please enlighten me as to which DBZ release is best? im interested in kai on bluray but everything i read says to go with the dragon box sets.

[quote name='masterchief2291']can anyone please enlighten me as to which DBZ release is best? im interested in kai on bluray but everything i read says to go with the dragon box sets.[/QUOTE]

Depends on what you want. If you want the full experience, go for the Dragon Boxes. If you like a more streamlined, more faithful adaptation to the manga version, go for Kai.

That's a really good price on Tsubasa, I passed on it during the Rightstuf sale. I may have to bite. As much as everyone says that series is meh, I really like it, plus the score is amazing.

[quote name='FireWarrior']Depends on what you want. If you want the full experience, go for the Dragon Boxes. If you like a more streamlined, more faithful adaptation to the manga version, go for Kai.[/QUOTE]
well then, im gonna order kai. i loved DBZ growing up , but it could be so boring with all the filler. the goku-frieza fight must have taken like 30 episodes haha

Got two of the FMP ones, one was ordered for me for Xmas, but it was before these prices. How much luck you think I'd have convincing them to price match themselves less shipping costs?

Tempted to pick up a couple of these, especially Eden of the East. Hopefully these prices will stick until Friday, when I get paid.

[quote name='masterchief2291']can anyone please enlighten me as to which DBZ release is best? im interested in kai on bluray but everything i read says to go with the dragon box sets.[/QUOTE]

If you want the full series, all the filler, and the worse dialog: get the Dragon Boxes.

If you are interested in a surprisingly much better picture quality, no filler (so as to be closer to the manga), and even though many of the voices are different, the overall fluidity and naturalness of the dialog is SO much better: go with Kai.

I opted to get the season sets and Kai, and that works great for me.

Has anyone seen Sengoku Basara or Eden of the East? Both seem like they may be good. Also since Sengoku Basara is only 2 or 3 seasons, do you think they will bring out a complete set eventually or possibly larger box sets like they have with Blassreiter or Tower of Druaga?

[quote name='starkillr']Got two of the FMP ones, one was ordered for me for Xmas, but it was before these prices. How much luck you think I'd have convincing them to price match themselves less shipping costs?[/QUOTE]

My experience is about 50/50 with after purchase price matches at amazon... but like they say... nothing ventured, nothing gained.

[quote name='bizman316']Has anyone seen Sengoku Basara or Eden of the East? Both seem like they may be good. Also since Sengoku Basara is only 2 or 3 seasons, do you think they will bring out a complete set eventually or possibly larger box sets like they have with Blassreiter or Tower of Druaga?[/QUOTE]

Eden of the East is fantastic, and Sengoku Basara is, um... entertaining, in its own over-the-top way, I guess. And it's almost certain that a complete Sengoku Basara set will be released in the future, yes.

I was considering Eden of the East but it's only 11 episodes (275 minutes). $25 seems a little steep for that, at least compared to other anime releases with double and triple the runtime for the money. I'm a cheap ass clearly. I'll wait till it gets a little lower or wait for Netflix to stock it

edit: All episodes are on youtube as well, so I'll just watch it that way: http://www.youtube.com/show?p=UPgexqjW65w

Every episode of FMAB (and the original FMA) are on youtube on Funimation's channel, I believe. Decent quality if I remember correctly.

I thought Casshern was boring when I watched it. Slow paced, kind of silly. People said oooh ahhh but the animation is so amaz0ng! Yea, well, the show was lame. I hate how they gimp the sound on the japanese sound tracks to 2.1 to prevent reverse importing. Oh well, FMP still rules, even in 2.1.

What are the chances Fulmetal Alchemist Brotherhood goes back on sale for $16.99 like S1 was back on Black Friday?

After seeing it at that low price, I can't get myself to buy them for $22.99.

Got my Eden of the East set earlier today and just got finished with it (being sick FTW!). I am now eagerly awaiting the King of Eden movie. Seriously, this show is fantastic. Anyone on the fence, just do yourself a favor and go for it.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']damn FMP is on back order.

Might as well order it. I can just watch FMA: Brotherhood in the meantime. :)[/QUOTE]

I feel bad, I watched ALL of volume 2 the other day in one sitting.

Kinda wish the episodes were spread out more evenly across the 2 disks, but that is just a nitpick, love this show.

Had to bite on Eden of the East. Watched it a month or so ago and liked it. FMA looked amazing on my TV.... I can't wait to see this on it!

Shame the new FMA:B Part 3 isn't discounted yet, but 33.99 isn't bad. Right stuff has it for 29.99 but no free shipping. Not biting on that for now.

[quote name='SanjiX']Shame the new FMA:B Part 3 isn't discounted yet, but 33.99 isn't bad. Right stuff has it for 29.99 but no free shipping. Not biting on that for now.[/QUOTE]

I ordered it from Borders a couple weeks back for ~$26 when they had a 40%-off coupon and ended up marathoning the whole thing today. Woo, I've accomplished nothing all day!

This is an awesome deal for FMP - I got season 1 & 2. Passed on Fumoffu for right now, though.

Anyway, the sale ends on the 3rd ... someone asked earlier in the thread. So, you have one more day for your purchases!

[quote name='jayntampa']This is an awesome deal for FMP - I got season 1 & 2. Passed on Fumoffu for right now, though.[/QUOTE]

Technically, Fumoffu is season 2, and Second Raid was the third series. Fumoffu is probably my favorite, too, though Second Raid is also great. The first series is really mediocre by comparison.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I don't have it, but I've seen it. It's bad.[/QUOTE]

I've been watching it on Funimation. I'd say it is mediocre. It is a by-the-numbers demon stomping show with little character development. I wouldn't pay money to watch it.

bread's done
Back