Saw these "so called rare" games...worth buying?

y0shelite

CAGiversary!
I guess you can say i'm starting to become kind of a collector.
both for my own personal collection and maybe to make a little money on the side when there's a rare game. are these worth picking up?

i was looking for metroid prime trilogy today and couldn't find it, but i did find copies of

-Warioware smooth moves (2 actually). regular priced @ 49.99
-Endless ocean (the original) @ 29.99
-Super Paper mario (I purchased this for $49.99 since i wanted it anyways. just debating whether to open it or not)

just wnated some outside opinions

Buy uDraw if you want something to invest on for the Wii. I can easily picture that costing multiple of retail price in years down the road. Make sure to keep it sealed.

You got played suckaaaaa!

None of those games are worth what you paid. Regardless of whether they're good or not.

Yeah, none of those are worth that much really. You basically just paid MSRP for a bunch of games. Yeah, all of them are pretty rare finds if they are new, but none of them are worth their MSRP imo.

I'd pay retail for Endless Ocean, but no more than $20 for Wario and $5 for Super Paper Mario. That's mostly because Super Paper Mario is shite of the first order. Wario is awesome but really short. Only the odd numbered Team Wario titles seem to be rad chilis enteras.

If you really want to play the games, then those prices are fine. I wouldn't buy any of those games at those prices as an "investment" though... they might hold value, but probably aren't going to get any higher than what you've listed.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Investing in video games is not a good idea. None of those games are particularly rare.[/QUOTE]

Not to circumvent, but WarioWare is hard to find as is the original Endless Ocean.
Not sure about SPM.

i didn't buy them lol. except paper mario, which i returned and got for $15 bucks at gamestop used after using my rewards card $10 coupon and discount card. was just curious

[quote name='SuperPhillip']Not to circumvent, but WarioWare is hard to find as is the original Endless Ocean.
Not sure about SPM.[/QUOTE]

No they aren't. Every kmart in America has Warioware and 4 gamestops within 12 miles of me have it.

4 Gamestops within 3.3 miles of me have endless ocean.

None of the games mentioned are at all hard to find.

[quote name='schuerm26']No they aren't. Every kmart in America has Warioware and 4 gamestops within 12 miles of me have it.

None of the games mentioned are at all hard to find.[/QUOTE]

My mistake, but they are no longer being printed. Thanks for not being a dick about it though. No sarcasm intended.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='schuerm26']No they aren't. Every kmart in America has Warioware and 4 gamestops within 12 miles of me have it.

None of the games mentioned are at all hard to find.[/QUOTE]

Very situational. It's great that you have an easy time finding the games, but others don't have the same luck. Especially for Endless Ocean, which has been out of print for quite a while.

(Note that I'm in Canada, so distribution is different here. Some games that are very easy to find in the US are extremely rare up this way.)

[quote name='ejamer']Very situational. It's great that you have an easy time finding the games, but others don't have the same luck. Especially for Endless Ocean, which has been out of print for quite a while.

(Note that I'm in Canada, so distribution is different here. Some games that are very easy to find in the US are extremely rare up this way.)[/QUOTE]
It sucks that you can't find the same games as us, but he's right.

I found about 10 complete (and not badly scratched up, that surprised me) copies of Wario Ware Smooth Moves at a localish GameStop. I'm pretty sure that the Kmart here also has Endless Ocean.

Yes, they are rare to find new, but rare to find period not so much.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']so buy it off the internet
DUH[/QUOTE]

Many US websites refuse to ship to Canada at all. Others will only use carriers that charge outrageous fees for crossing border - think $20 or $30 for "paperwork" on top of full price of the product and shipping. There are ways to circumvent this, but they also add significantly to the time and cost required for cross-border purchases.

I'm not complaining - just encouraging people to realize that what might be a local truth isn't necessarily a universal truth.

Because certain games may be regionally rare, or in some cases go up in value, does not make games a good investment.

Take $50-$100 a month and invest it in a mutual fund and buy games you want to play.

bread's done
Back