Scamed and used Bidpay credit card payment to checking acc.

ychanus

CAGiversary!
I won an auction at Ebay and the seller asked me to pay with Bidpay. Since Bidpay takes credit card and seller told me that I can subtract the fee from the total price. I did it, and then never heard from the seller again and get any email reply.

After a week, the seller cancel his ebay account, and I know that he is going to run away, so I called my credit card company to dispute the charge and they did a chargeback right away.

Now, Bidpay sent me a letter as they have put my name with CAC collection agency for the amount of ($36 sent price) dollars.

Am I screwed? should I try fight for it? I don't understand why can't they put the seller name with collection agency instead when I'm the obvious victim here.

Especially, the money was sent directly to the scammer's checking account instead of they are sending in a money order.

It is not a lot of money but it just pissed me off that Bidpay does not even try to help.

Also, What can I do to bust this scammer?

Please help.

That's the problem with Bidpay, unlike Paypal it's a direct cash transaction so you get fucked if you do a chargeback.

I'm amazed Bidpay already sent a collection agency after you, normally people send you a nice little email or two first.

Basically just pay the collection agency so it doesn't appear on your credit report and forget about it, you could try to file a mail fraud complaint but since he never claimed to have sent the item it probably won't work very well.

bread's done
Back