scammed by Mr.Bojangles

[quote name='candyapple']hm I doubt it..But seriously, people put their trusts on this forum in order to do some trading and all these scammers are taking advantage of them and it seem like the MOD isn't doing a damn thing about it. Comon even Ebay help's out when this kind of situation happens..[/quote]
Use the trading forum at your own risk! I believe it states this in the sticky all new traders should read. The mods are not here to fix bad situations. By notifying them you save others from the same fate as well as when you are not logged on they can attempt to reach said scammers if they log on.

The OP started small and got scammed for $4 plus shipping. At least he followed the advice to get established. Sorry about his bad luck. Too many sticky's with trades gone wrong as stated by many CAG's.

[quote name='candyapple']hm I doubt it..But seriously, people put their trusts on this forum in order to do some trading and all these scammers are taking advantage of them and it seem like the MOD isn't doing a damn thing about it. Comon even Ebay help's out when this kind of situation happens..[/quote]The only info mods have access to is the person's email address and IP's they have from connecting to here. We can pass that info onto the ISP for action and what they decide to do with it is their options. Email address has been useful in trying to get the two parties talking.

Most of the time, the person on the short end of the issue has more contact info than the mods do, and as they're the one in the wrong, they're the one who has to talk with the USPS, IC3.gov, FBI, local police, etc.

We're not any law enforcement organization. We're here to run a website, and as it states in the trading forum, trading through CAG is done at your own risk. eBay has financial stake in transactions that are done through there, as they take a piece of it, and for that, they have ways and means to deal with situations like scammers. CAG doesn't see anything for trades done here. Other sites do.

[quote name='DarkRequiem']Everyone does their best to contact the scammer's home address and their town police and throw proof and suspicions to get anyone and everyone involved to see if we can't rattle the person into defeat or getting them prosecuted.

The mods here help speed that up and have connections to other officials and can prevent anyone else from making that mistake with the same user again.[/quote]We have connections to other officials? :whistle2:s This is news to me, last time I checked I didn't have any such connections.

[quote name='shrike4242']The only info mods have access to is the person's email address and IP's they have from connecting to here. We can pass that info onto the ISP for action and what they decide to do with it is their options. Email address has been useful in trying to get the two parties talking.

Most of the time, the person on the short end of the issue has more contact info than the mods do, and as they're the one in the wrong, they're the one who has to talk with the USPS, IC3.gov, FBI, local police, etc.

We're not any law enforcement organization. We're here to run a website, and as it states in the trading forum, trading through CAG is done at your own risk. eBay has financial stake in transactions that are done through there, as they take a piece of it, and for that, they have ways and means to deal with situations like scammers. CAG doesn't see anything for trades done here. Other sites do.

We have connections to other officials? :whistle2:s This is news to me, last time I checked I didn't have any such connections.[/quote]
That's a bit vague. I was trying to say, some of you mods seem to have, more or less, access for help and a general knowledge to different places that can be of some help for those who don't know when something like a scam arises. And can offer that help and information to the person needing help.
You guys seem to know where to go and what to do when something arises. Most people are clueless.

[quote name='DarkRequiem']That's a bit vague. I was trying to say, some of you mods seem to have, more or less, access for help and a general knowledge to different places that can be of some help for those who don't know when something like a scam arises. And can offer that help and information to the person needing help.
You guys seem to know where to go and what to do when something arises. Most people are clueless.[/quote]Ah, now that makes a heck of a lot more sense than how I first read it.

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']There should be a new rule that you should be at least 18 years old to sell stuff here seems like the young ones are getting scammed ...........[/quote]
Being older does not make you magically smarter. I see where you're coming from but surely people over 18 get scammed as well.

If I am selling something, I must receive payment first no matter what. I think my FB is high enough where I can be trusted to receive payment before shipping.

[quote name='Nastrodamous']dude you told your parents you got scammed out of 4 bucks?[/quote]
Scammed 10 cents or 10 bucks is still being scammed.

While it might not of been smart to have told your parents, knowing they wouldn't want you to trade again, I'd still be wanting some type of closure to it or to let people know.

I think you'll have to suck it up and take the 4 bucks as a loss. Guy must have really needed that guide or something.

[quote name='DarkRequiem']Scammed 10 cents or 10 bucks is still being scammed.

While it might not of been smart to have told your parents, knowing they wouldn't want you to trade again, I'd still be wanting some type of closure to it or to let people know.[/quote]

you dont have to tell your parents to handle it

[quote name='Nastrodamous']you dont have to tell your parents to handle it[/quote]
Personally, no, I wouldn't unless it was a big loss.
Not like they could do too much about it really anyway. :/

bread's done
Back