Scammed by ZeldaFreak5

Nick212004

CAG Veteran
Feedback
1 (100%)
Scammer who does not respond and send his part please STAY AWAY!!! Is there any way I can get this fixed? I sent him a beta code and he was supposed to trade my two giftcards for it and he is not responding and has not signed on to CheapAssGamer lately. PLEASE HELP!!!

I dont know, this guy had good feedback up til the 13th, and you and another person gave him negative.

If its been 4 days, im just gonna say...you dont really throw negative on someone, "anything" can come upsometimes...i mean you got to think a bit about it.

Im just sayin.

[quote name='mike.m']Betas aren't even allowed to be sold or traded on CAG anyway, am I wrong? Why should a mod get involved?[/quote]
Because he got scammed?

Theres not really much you or a mod can do about it because like mike.m said Betas aren't supposed to be traded on CAG and this is exactly why.

[quote name='metsbaseball7']Theres not really much you or a mod can do about it because like mike.m said Betas aren't supposed to be traded on CAG and this is exactly why.[/QUOTE]

That shouldn't matter. Someone who scams someone is in the wrong regardless of what was traded.

Also the guys hasn't signed on in 4 days. I'm guessing something came up. Now it would be a totally different story if he has been on since you guys tarded and seems like he is dodging you but that isn't the case here. Give it a bit more time then 4 days.

[quote name='pimpinc333']That shouldn't matter. Someone who scams someone is in the wrong regardless of what was traded.

Also the guys hasn't signed on in 4 days. I'm guessing something came up. Now it would be a totally different story if he has been on since you guys tarded and seems like he is dodging you but that isn't the case here. Give it a bit more time then 4 days.[/QUOTE]I pointed out that I saw he was banned, based on the thread I linked. Maybe he just got banned or he got banned on that day, and that's why the OP isn't hearing back? I'm not really sure, but there seems to be another person who had an issue too (I checked the feedback people left him).

Its a beta key, he didn't lose anything. He didn't get scammed for anything. He is out something he never owned to begin with. That's why you can't trade them on CAG and thats why it isn't their responsibility. He prolly scammed other trades to get banned and rightfully so if thats the case.

It is still illegal to trade and/or sell beta keys on CAG. Even though he still got scammed, he wasn't supposed to do it in the first place.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']It is still illegal to trade and/or sell beta keys on CAG. Even though he still got scammed, he wasn't supposed to do it in the first place.[/quote]

True. I think my point is though. Yes, he didn't get something for his beta key. But he didn't lose anything either since the key was free.

[quote name='stewie75']didnt someone else post about zelda scamming him too? i'm pretty sure i saw that earlier or yesterday...[/quote]

It doesn't matter, he's been banned.

[quote name='Hostile']His PSN and XBL usernames are right there for you to spam... even though you guys deserved it >_>[/quote]

what a douche bag

If anyone has dealt with CAG5000 or salad_ceaser, this was ZeldaFreak5 coming back as new ID's. Pookymeister banned three ID's, CAG5000 and two others, and I banned salad_ceaser.

Please let Pooky or myself know about it, and we'll look into it.

i wasn't scammed or anything but:

How come there isn't a sticky list of banned people, people under investigation in the trading forum, etc.?

for the last month or so i been reading about people being scammed
since i first came to CAG til now, I have never read about so many people getting scammed

[quote name='greyzieoriental']i wasn't scammed or anything but:

How come there isn't a sticky list of banned people, people under investigation in the trading forum, etc.?

for the last month or so i been reading about people being scammed
since i first came to CAG til now, I have never read about so many people getting scammed[/quote]

If they are banned or in TTO (trading time out, under investigation), it will appear under their username.

[quote name='EdEddandEdge']If they are banned or in TTO (trading time out, under investigation), it will appear under their username.[/QUOTE]

ic ic, i also just noticed the split in the forum

[quote name='hero101']What is with the 3 posters on the front page getting banned? haha LMAO :lol:[/quote]

My question exactly:lol:, Anbu scammed someone and yet he is still giving advice:applause:, I can't say anything about the other guys since I don't know why they got banned.

[quote name='thebob101']I just found out metsbaseball7 was another user name that was banned.[/quote]
[quote name='SpitFire158']Why was he banned?[/quote]He was a previously banned user who was banned for scamming other CAGs. We noticed he came back under new IDs, so we kicked him to the curb again.

Yep, best advice is to be careful, read their feedback, other posts, lists, etc.

Look at their list, if it looks like they threw it together in a few minutes, it probably was... This can sometimes indicate the user cares very little about trading, potentially indicating that something is up. Especially with very little feedback/whatever.

Don't trade beta codes on CAG and that won't happen, lol. I found it quite hilarious (as to the previous poster's posts) as well, that there were 3 scammers posting advice on the first page. Absolutely brilliant.

Not sure if this has been posted, I found out others were scammed by Zeldafreak elsewhere:

He told me that if I gave him the Nirvana CD which I got, and send it to him, that he would give me the code. He gave me a code LOLU-RET-ARDD and I got screwed over. This is just a warning to all of you. Don't try business with him.
http://boardsus.playstation.com/pla...board.id=resistance&message.id=119192#M119192

I already found out his first name and found out he does live in the Chicago area.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shrike4242']He was a previously banned user who was banned for scamming other CAGs. We noticed he came back under new IDs, so we kicked him to the curb again.[/quote]

Can't you guys IP ban these people? It would at least slow them down.

[quote name='Shady3011']Can't you guys IP ban these people? It would at least slow them down.[/quote]

I can't remember exactly , but I think the problem with IP banning is that sometimes other innocent users get caught up as well based on how their ISP handles the IPs.

Ex. User A and User B both use AT&T. User A does something bad and gets IP banned. User B gets accidentally IP banned as well. IP ban is lifted to allow User B back , User A is back as well (if their account is not already perma banned).

I may be mistaken about this though. So please don't hurt me if I'm wrong.:bomb:

[quote name='StarKnightX']I can't remember exactly , but I think the problem with IP banning is that sometimes other innocent users get caught up as well based on how their ISP handles the IPs.

Ex. User A and User B both use AT&T. User A does something bad and gets IP banned. User B gets accidentally IP banned as well. IP ban is lifted to allow User B back , User A is back as well (if their account is not already perma banned).

I may be mistaken about this though. So please don't hurt me if I'm wrong.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

This is true, however, often scammers use proxy ips to get around ip bans.

If anyone was scammed by metsbaseball7/a sea lion, I have the address. I will PM it to you if that helps just have to look it up.

[quote name='Shady3011']Can't you guys IP ban these people? It would at least slow them down.[/quote]There's only one person that can access the IP ban controls, and the request has been put in for them to get that done.

[quote name='StarKnightX']I can't remember exactly , but I think the problem with IP banning is that sometimes other innocent users get caught up as well based on how their ISP handles the IPs.

I may be mistaken about this though. So please don't hurt me if I'm wrong.:bomb:[/quote]You're right on that. As long as no one tries to connect to CAG on that IP address, it turns into a non-issue. If they do, then it is.

[quote name='metsbaseball7']Theres not really much you or a mod can do about it because like mike.m said Betas aren't supposed to be traded on CAG and this is exactly why.[/quote]
I like how he had the nerve to come back and post this

bread's done
Back