Scammer - luckeyman

class a moron. this is how you get yourself stuck in a deeper and deeper hole. he'd be doing you a favor by contacting the police.

[quote name='ploppsdman']He replied, it is this kid:

"Listen, not following up on an online trade is NOT mail fraud and NOT illegal, you take your own risk by doing online tradeing. I was going to send your game but i have 0 cash for shipping right now. And geuss what harrassing my friends and family is illegal. So if you continue to do that i will contact the police about you"[/QUOTE]

My fucking god... Harassing his family and friends? Who is he fucking kidding? If he has no DC# to prove he shipped, he's done. Plus, with his track record, he's probably been in trouble quite a bit before... Well, I'm really hoping you get the police to pay him a visit.

mf_popcorn1.gif

This is the last email I'm sending this kid:

I don't think you understand that I am doing you a favor by contacting you first. Instead of us going straight to the police, I'm trying to get you to do the right thing. I've spent my own time so you can avoid the police hassle. But don't mistake my kindness for weakness and don't presume I'm an idiot.

Just so we are clear, I am not asking for only my stuff, Saints Row 2, to be returned. These two you defrauded will also get there stuff (as far as I know, the DDR bundle, and Bioshock) back by Monday:

http://gametz.com/user/adam_josh.html

All our stuff must be sent by Monday, September 21, 2009, in the condition you received it, and you must send each of us the delivery confirmation numbers, or they will also be
contacting the police if that does not happen, as I am in contact with them.

There is another person on cheapassgamer I am trying to get in touch with, because apparently you did this to him as well. If you want to save me the time and return his things as well, perfect. But you are now banned on that site, and you will not be able to log in. If you don't have my address, you need to let me know.

If this isn't set right by Monday, I will either go directly to the police or I will be contacting the two numbers I have for XXXXXXX rden Dr -- one being for a small office furniture store and the other is a woman's name-- and making inquiries. I can see from a search there are not too many employees of the furniture store, it lists 2. I will try and get them to see reason, maybe they will settle this without getting you in trouble with the police. If I can't get anywhere there, or choose not to do you that favor, the Wilson County Sheriff will be contacted (830) 393-2535, either by me or my neighbor who is an officer, and by the other 2 you stole from. After that, I will file a mail fraud complaint with the USPS and an ic3.gov (Internet Crime) complaint with the FBI.

Kid, you stole from me and at least 2 others. That isn't right. We didn't do anything to you, and I was even particularly kind -- making sure the game played fine and telling you I want to know if there are any problems, shipping it immediately, letting you know it was fine you were a few days late in shipping. And now I'm being kind by talking to you first, instead of the authorities first. Must up the courage to send our stuff back to us the way we sent it to you.

That's all. I don't have anything else to say to you. If your next message does not contain the delivery confirmation numbers (if it contains anything else I will immediately stop reading) for my things and the others (you must contact those two via http://gametz.com), I will delete and ignore all subsequent replies. I want the delivery confirmations by Monday. And I know your delaying game, I've read it, so don't attempt to ply me with "I'll ship Thursday" or "I have no money." Ship it by Monday.

Do you know what I'm going to do if I get my game back? The kid who posted the Hollywood Video deal on slickdeals had a close friend kill himself. I'm going to ask if he wants it and I'll just send it to him. Hopefully I can make something good out of this dishonest mess.

[quote name='ploppsdman']This is the last email I'm sending this kid:

I don't think you understand that I am doing you a favor by contacting you first. Instead of us going straight to the police, I'm trying to get you to do the right thing. I've spent my own time so you can avoid the police hassle. But don't mistake my kindness for weakness and don't presume I'm an idiot.

Just so we are clear, I am not asking for only my stuff, Saints Row 2, to be returned. These two you defrauded will also get there stuff (as far as I know, the DDR bundle, and Bioshock) back by Monday:

http://gametz.com/user/adam_josh.html

All our stuff must be sent by Monday, September 21, 2009, in the condition you received it, and you must send each of us the delivery confirmation numbers, or they will also be
contacting the police if that does not happen, as I am in contact with them.

There is another person on cheapassgamer I am trying to get in touch with, because apparently you did this to him as well. If you want to save me the time and return his things as well, perfect. But you are now banned on that site, and you will not be able to log in. If you don't have my address, you need to let me know.

If this isn't set right by Monday, I will either go directly to the police or I will be contacting the two numbers I have for XXXXXXX rden Dr -- one being for a small office furniture store and the other is a woman's name-- and making inquiries. I can see from a search there are not too many employees of the furniture store, it lists 2. I will try and get them to see reason, maybe they will settle this without getting you in trouble with the police. If I can't get anywhere there, or choose not to do you that favor, the Wilson County Sheriff will be contacted (830) 393-2535, either by me or my neighbor who is an officer, and by the other 2 you stole from. After that, I will file a mail fraud complaint with the USPS and an ic3.gov (Internet Crime) complaint with the FBI.

Kid, you stole from me and at least 2 others. That isn't right. We didn't do anything to you, and I was even particularly kind -- making sure the game played fine and telling you I want to know if there are any problems, shipping it immediately, letting you know it was fine you were a few days late in shipping. And now I'm being kind by talking to you first, instead of the authorities first. Must up the courage to send our stuff back to us the way we sent it to you.

That's all. I don't have anything else to say to you. If your next message does not contain the delivery confirmation numbers (if it contains anything else I will immediately stop reading) for my things and the others (you must contact those two via http://gametz.com), I will delete and ignore all subsequent replies. I want the delivery confirmations by Monday. And I know your delaying game, I've read it, so don't attempt to ply me with "I'll ship Thursday" or "I have no money." Ship it by Monday.[/QUOTE]

you are fucking epic

[quote name='nugarp']you are fucking epic[/QUOTE]

Amen. I'm going to be disappointed if Plopps leaves... He's been cool, collected, and best of all, more than reasonable this entire time. If he gets his game back, what he's going to do with it is one of the best acts I've heard. Plopps, check my list. If you see an item you want, it's yours. No strings attached. You deserve it.

I for one agree with Rob and Vulg and everyone else, I hope you give CAG another chance. Even if you don't feel comfortable trading we have a good community here. I hope you get the items back and I hope this thief realizes how big of a favor your doing him. And what you said you wanted to do with the game if you got it I think is an amazing way to end this. To quote nugarp "fucking epic" lol.

gosh, I REALLY could use your skillz, ploppsdman. Right now on GameTZ I'm in the middle of a situation with a trader that claims he sent my game - I used DC, he didn't. *rolls eyes* And now I'm being compelled by the GameTZ mods to 'reach an understanding' and yeah, I'll take a loss, but oh well... WTF?!? Anyway, good luck, ploppsdman.

Oh man. Looks like the kid is fucked. Unless he can process the load of trouble he'll be getting in if he doesn't straighten up. Good luck gangsta OP.

Just caught up with the thread and I have to say that you, ploppsdman, are an awesome person to not only attempting to get your rightful items back (and the items of others too) but to also show that you are not someone you want to mess with. It may be a bit too soon but I do agree with other posters that while this was a horrible first experience, I do hope that one day you are able to build enough trust to trade with others again. If I just sound like a broken record, I do apologize for it and I won't press the issue as I'm sure you have more urgent things to deal with first.

[quote name='Vulgarism']Amen. I'm going to be disappointed if Plopps leaves... He's been cool, collected, and best of all, more than reasonable this entire time. If he gets his game back, what he's going to do with it is one of the best acts I've heard. Plopps, check my list. If you see an item you want, it's yours. No strings attached. You deserve it.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the offer, vulgar. If this kid doesn't come through and do the right thing, maybe I'll see if that person on slickdeals wants one of your games or movies. Then we all sorta contribute. Thanks again to everyone who replied. I wish this kid would just be smart and send our stuff back, but he hasn't replied to the pm above, so I think it's unfortunate but the 3 who were scammed will have to call the local police. Thanks again to everyone who replied ....

[quote name='sirplue']gosh, I REALLY could use your skillz, ploppsdman. Right now on GameTZ I'm in the middle of a situation with a trader that claims he sent my game - I used DC, he didn't. *rolls eyes* And now I'm being compelled by the GameTZ mods to 'reach an understanding' and yeah, I'll take a loss, but oh well... WTF?!? Anyway, good luck, ploppsdman.[/QUOTE]

If he didn't use delivery confirmation and you agreed to both use it, you've probably got a legit reason to start investigating the kid. Start with google and yahoo searches of his email address and his home address and see if he's done this before. That's how I found out that this kid had done this twice before. I was going to let it go until I saw he did this to others. That's all I did. I typed in his name and address in a search and got that gametz complaint, then I typed in his name and city/state and got his myspace page. Good luck ... hopefully the person legitimately sent it and it shows up.

[quote name='ploppsdman']I appreciate the offer, vulgar. If this kid doesn't come through and do the right thing, maybe I'll see if that person on slickdeals wants one of your games or movies. Then we all sorta contribute. Thanks again to everyone who replied. I wish this kid would just be smart and send our stuff back, but he hasn't replied to the pm above, so I think it's unfortunate but the 3 who were scammed will have to call the local police. Thanks again to everyone who replied ....[/QUOTE]

I actually have a small "care" package that I'm going to assemble and send if any one of the guys who got fucked wants it. It has a lot of different items... I just don't want everybody to end up disappointed because of one asshole... I just gotta commend you on your sheer integrity and being cool the entire time.

Epic man.
I can't wait to read what happens next.
And I agree with you ploppsdman, I have had great luck with Goozex, no issues. I haven't been scammed on CAG and I love the site but why temp fate?

I've actually had 3 different people not send their games to me via Goozex.

No sweat though as I get to keep my points and tokens. Still, always a pain in the ass when you expect something and don't get it.

so far my stay with CAG hasn't resulted in any big issues, except for that one hitch that I had with sum41rcks1 but everything was solved. by far my best trade/transaction on CAG was with beatngurnuts, he is an amazing trader. I sold him my PS3 bundle that he bought for $800 and I shipped off first after receiving a first payment of $300. At first I was skeptical that I was gonna get scammed but his constant communication and timely payment resulted in the best transaction of my life. CAG is AWESOME!

[quote name='AsianOnRoute69']so far my stay with CAG hasn't resulted in any big issues, except for that one hitch that I had with sum41rcks1 but everything was solved. by far my best trade/transaction on CAG was with beatngurnuts, he is an amazing trader. I sold him my PS3 bundle that he bought for $800 and I shipped off first after receiving a first payment of $300. At first I was skeptical that I was gonna get scammed but his constant communication and timely payment resulted in the best transaction of my life. CAG is AWESOME![/QUOTE]

I agree. I see it more as a community than just a forum. I've never had a bad trade or anything, and I've tried to make sure that I stayed on top of all my trades, too.

The kid didn't reply today. Oh well. I tried to avoid the police, now the couple of us who were scammed will be calling tomorrow morning .... stupid.

Good luck. Keep us updated on the outcome. I hope that asshole gets what he deserves, before he grows up and get involved in bigger scams.

good luck to you. i was scammed recently on another forum, so i know how you feel.

luckily Bank of America is the best bank in the world and they refunded me the money, even though paypal is a piece of shit company -> "After careful review, we have determined that the seller is at fault but regret to inform you that we were unable to recover any funds from the seller's account. "

i'd pay to see you show up at his front door since you know his address

I hate to see stories like this about scamming. It just makes our trading community look a lot more worse.

OP, I hope everything works out for at the end for you. 1 complaint is bad enough but to have a party of people who were scammed.....he better learn to like eating shit. because he is going to be eating all kinds for the next couple years.

No contact back from either the kid or his local police ... guess I'll have to call them again on Monday. Thanks again for the replies ....

[quote name='ploppsdman']No contact back from either the kid or his local police ... guess I'll have to call them again on Monday. Thanks again for the replies ....[/QUOTE]

The police didn't respond? Did any of the other guys get responses? I really want to see this guy get even more than what he deserves...

I never called the cops again ..... I guess I'll do it Friday, but it's aggravating that I am the one who needs to followup. The other people ... I have no clue what the hell they are doing. All of a sudden, they barely reply to me, if at all. What a total crap experience. Anyway, I'll follow up Friday with the cops and I already contacted that person on slickdeals and I'm sending him a game, so at least that worked out OK. At least I got to do something good. Basically, it looks like a piece of @#$3 wins (if you want to call being a lowlife winning), but at least I didn't just let him. If that kid is reading these messages, things have a way of coming around. You'll get yours, and when you do, don't doubt that you deserved it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the kid contacted us Friday saying he'll send our stuff back. I don't believe him, as he has sent this same message to those other guys he scammed in March. All he's done is postponed my follow up with the police until Friday. I hope the kids sincere, but I doubt it. I'm not giving him my address again ... as he says he doesn't have it. I'll either ask it to be sent to one of the other people he scammed or send it to someone else's house and get it later.

I'm one of the people he scammed over on GTZ. ploppsdman contacted me there and pointed me here. Adam's gonna make it right, yadda yadda ya... he's said this before... but this time (thanks to ploppsdman), I've got the info I need to take legal action if necessary, which I think it will be.

EDIT: How am I a CAG veteran with 1 post?

[quote name='PositivelyDan']I'm one of the people he scammed over on GTZ. ploppsdman contacted me there and pointed me here. Adam's gonna make it right, yadda yadda ya... he's said this before... but this time (thanks to ploppsdman), I've got the info I need to take legal action if necessary, which I think it will be.

EDIT: How am I a CAG veteran with 1 post?[/QUOTE]

I know, weird but it's based on the duration of your account since you signed up. xD
That's why I changed it to Nightcrawler because most of my times I roamed around CAG is during nighttime.

TO ploppsdman---- I keep checking that thread and hope to see luckeyman served if he really asks for it. =P

What do you know, he was suppose to send the delivery confirmation Tuesday and never did ... whatever, now I get to call the police AGAIN. Fantastic.

It seems never-ending... But honestly, once it's over and done with, hopefully life will slap him in the face. His mother needs to take him onto Maury :D

I got some delivery confirmation numbers from the kid... dunno how legit they are, but I got them. We'll have to play a wait-and-see with him now.

EDIT: I passed both of these along to plopps, since I will be receiving his game and mailing it out to him. Adam did not specify which DC was for which package, but at this point I don't care, I'll take anything.

I got screwed over with an online order one time not a game trade but i sent this guy like 275 bucks for a 360 and the mofo sent me 6 cut up 2x4's my wife was ready to kill someone but i had been doing research on the guy and his paypal and had found 3 addresses and phone numbers linked to this guy and his paypal but long story short i went to my bank and because i had paid electronically they just took my money straight out of his account and charged the asshole $75 to do it

I know its unrelated in away but I just wanted to share because i hope you can put the screws to this guy somehow like I was able to. Good Luck bro!

I'm going to post this kids first name and city/state hoping that if anyone does an internet search for scams and this kid, it will point here. As of now, we're waiting to see if the things he's sending are our games as we sent them or if he's just being a douche and sending us nothing (or our games, but broken). This is his basic info to steer clear of.

Adam
La Vernia, TX.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back