Scanavo Blank SteelBook DVD Cases available in Single, 2-Disc and 6-Disc

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Scanavo are releasing 3 different types of Blank SteelBook DVD Cases only at Amazon.de (Germany).

Available for pre-order, release date is July 25, 2010.

SteelBook 3 Single Cases (1 Disc) - EUR 8,99

41QNIPBIa0L._SS500_.jpg

SteelBook 3 Single Cases (2 Disc) - EUR 9,99

41QNIPBIa0L._SS500_.jpg

SteelBook Single Cases (6 Disc)
- EUR 4,99

41fX5GUrOXL._SS500_.jpg

In all seriousness, please explain why anyone would want this. The only appeal of the Steelbook is the custom wraparound outside/inside artwork design they have printed on them. It can't be the extra metal protection because they don't stop bullets and no one is typically swinging nunchaku around a media shelf.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kerig']In all seriousness, please explain why anyone would want this. The only appeal of the Steelbook is the custom wraparound outside/inside artwork design they have printed on them. It can't be the extra metal protection because they don't stop bullets and no one is typically swinging nunchaku around a media shelf.[/QUOTE]

I often find myself swinging a nunchaku around my media self, but that's just me. :lol:

[quote name='Kerig']In all seriousness, please explain why anyone would want this. The only appeal of the Steelbook is the custom wraparound outside/inside artwork design they have printed on them. It can't be the extra metal protection because they don't stop bullets and no one is typically swinging nunchaku around a media shelf.[/QUOTE]

thank you. this is so freaking stupid its borderline hilarious. my condolences to the family of anyone buying these.

[quote name='Jgel']I often find myself swinging a nunchaku around my media self, but that's just me. :lol:[/QUOTE]

you and me both pal

I think this solves the OCD issue that some people have towards these things. Instead of buying sealed steelbooks that you never open and watch, you can just buy the empty cases to exhibit. Does the same thing effectively and much more cost-effective.

Well i don't know about you but i find myself in fire fights all the time in my house along with fending off ninjas..

Same question could be asked about any material object, nobody needs to buy dvds, dvd sets, blu-rays or video games but we do because we enjoy them, people enjoy steelbooks.

[quote name='styl3s']Same question could be asked about any material object, nobody needs to buy dvds, dvd sets, blu-rays or video games but we do because we enjoy them, people enjoy steelbooks.[/QUOTE]

That was very enlightening, I think you've hippietized me.

I suddenly feel the urge to shave the fur off of 3 cats, stick it to my head like a toupee, change my name to Rob Boss, paint happy little trees on these blank Steelbooks, sell them in art shows, and give all the proceeds to PETA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, did you just steal the info from bluray.com since they had it listed before your post? At least give proper credit before you steal info like this.

[quote name='crazylikeafox11']I only have a bo staff. =([/QUOTE]

Damn dude you are missing out. Though I bet you could use one of these like a throwing star. THAT would be bad ass :cry:

[quote name='styl3s']Well i don't know about you but i find myself in fire fights all the time in my house along with fending off ninjas..

Same question could be asked about any material object, nobody needs to buy dvds, dvd sets, blu-rays or video games but we do because we enjoy them, people enjoy steelbooks.[/QUOTE]

Kerig was dead on in his first post... I don't want to buy blank steelbook cases... They would look a bit out of place in the collection, alongside the beautiful art of the other cases. It just seems like too much for a product that isn't really worth it at all. Of course we enjoy steelbooks, but who the hell would enjoy dull grey cases, unless you have the art skills of Olechka to draw on them...

[quote name='maximus101']Wow, did you just steal the info from bluray.com since they had it listed before your post? At least give proper credit before you steal info like this.[/QUOTE]
What? I got this from Amazon.de Newsletter via email. Get your fact straight! :bomb:

to: "[email protected]"
date: Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 1:19 AM
subject: "SteelBook(TM) Single Case (für 6 Discs, exklusiv bei Amazon.de) [Zubehör]" jetzt fuer nur EUR 4,99 auf Zubehör bestellen!
mailed-by: bounces.amazon.com

bread's done
Back