Scarface Blu Steelbook $19.99 at amazon.

I think I'll snag one for that price. I had about $20 left after getting Dexter season 5 this month with all of my amazon gift cards from Swagbucks.

I think it is well worth the price, especially so if your an avid steelbook collector. Certainly cheaper than the humidor version...

I dig my DVD collector's box for Scarface, I might just wait until the price drops and then stuff it inside there. :D

It'll also be $19.99 at BB next week. Amazon will likely drop their price back down too

Odd that they raised it all the way to $35

had my amazon GC and was going to get this then saw it got raised hoping for 20$ if not also have moiney on BB too. really miss having this flick in my collection

Its because its coming out in 4 days

And I am happy that I called when I did

Last edited:
but can anyone confirm that the steelbook is out at best buy today and not later...the bb site looks like it will be out later.

I'm going to pick this one up after work today at Best Buy. I've noticed that the Blu Ray editions with DC actually DO get harder to find after a while. I'm going to try to get The Big Lebowski soon too...before the limited editions are inevitably replaced with the single-disk editions for $10 or less.

yep..thanks for the info...picked up this one....never saw it...heard it was a classic.... totally forgot that a week ago they were showing it in theaters for one night only.

[quote name='mr_bungle']This is a REALLY cool set for $20. Love the steelbook artwork. Anyone else think so?[/QUOTE]

I wish they wouldn't have put LIMITED EDITION on both the cover and spine, cheapens the art imho.

It is the only version that's out for the moment. Not sure if there will be a non-steelbook version later on after this one.

[quote name='ssjmichael']yes, it's the only version out right now I believe. I ordered it from newegg myself last night, hopefully the ship it okay[/QUOTE]

Thanks ordered from Newegg! Saved a buck over Amazon! Woo Hoo!

My only hesitation about saving a buck on Newegg is that I'm almost certain they'll ship in a bubble mailer, whereas with Amazon, it's uncommon (but still happens) to get media items in bubble mailers rather a box.

I went ahead and notified Amazon of Newegg's lower price; maybe I can get the best of both worlds.

[quote name='dafunkk12']My only hesitation about saving a buck on Newegg is that I'm almost certain they'll ship in a bubble mailer, whereas with Amazon, it's uncommon (but still happens) to get media items in bubble mailers rather a box.

I went ahead and notified Amazon of Newegg's lower price; maybe I can get the best of both worlds.[/QUOTE]

FWIW mine came in a bubble mailer. But I don't really know why that'd matter much on a steelbook. New 360 case? Maybe. But not a steelbook.

[quote name='mr_bungle']FWIW mine came in a bubble mailer. But I don't really know why that'd matter much on a steelbook. New 360 case? Maybe. But not a steelbook.[/QUOTE]

You realize Steelbooks can be dented right?

My buddy bought and we watched it on my 65 inch Panasonic Viera Plasma, through my Panasonic 3D bluray player. Quality of Vid is so so. I was expecting a full restoration for the blu ray release, like say Blade Runner. The difference between dvd and blu ray video quality is not worth buying again till they fully restore this great movie. Thank God, I did not buy this lazy transfer.

[quote name='isaac clarke']My buddy bought and we watched it on my 65 inch Panasonic Viera Plasma, through my Panasonic 3D bluray player. Quality of Vid is so so. I was expecting a full restoration for the blu ray release, like say Blade Runner. The difference between dvd and blu ray video quality is not worth buying again till they fully restore this great movie. Thank God, I did not buy this lazy transfer.[/QUOTE]

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Scarface-Blu-ray/7803/

The official reviewer gives it 3.5 for video, 4.0 for audio out of 5, so double-dip mileage won't be as good as others have been.

And thanks to whoever posted the $1 cheaper price at Newegg -- I submitted it to Amazon.

^But that was my point too, some movie prints are the way they are and how they look on Blu-Ray now is the best they will look.

Godfather underwent complete restoration and some of the scenes still look really bad, you just can't assume Scarface can look better than it does here.

[quote name='dafunkk12']My only hesitation about saving a buck on Newegg is that I'm almost certain they'll ship in a bubble mailer, whereas with Amazon, it's uncommon (but still happens) to get media items in bubble mailers rather a box.

I went ahead and notified Amazon of Newegg's lower price; maybe I can get the best of both worlds.[/QUOTE]

I get all my games and dvd in bubble mailer from amazon

bread's done
Back