Scarface Limited Edition Steelbook $9.99 @ Best Buy YMMV?

Navigator2001Plus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
This is the one with the red cover that's impossible to find in stores now, not the new release with the crummy looking comic style cover. Was just in the Beavercreek, Ohio Best Buy today and saw three of these sitting on display for $9.99 and picked one up for myself.

Don't know where they came up with more stock, because these aren't a reprint or anything either. The digital copy code on it is expired already.

scarface.jpg

There was one Limited Edition steelbook left when I went yesterday.  I already had it so I didn't pick it up.  But there's also another new version of Scarface for sale, this time with a Decades slipcover.

THe Best Buy in El Cajon, California had like 8 of them Wednesday.  Already own it or I would have grabbed it up.  The steelbook is VERY nice (or maybe I just have a thing for red lately)

I picked up a copy tonight, and the digital copy wasn't expired. I had no trouble redeeming it. on the website.

Picked it up yesterday for $4.99 after the U&S coupon. Digital copy code was still valid as mentioned before.

Didn't realize it came with lobby cards as well as copy of the original Scarface movie from the 50's.  Great deal.

Thanks OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the paper it says it's expired but most of the movie companies extended the expiration dates of these digital codes.  The other day I bought Watchmen on DVD from a 99c store just for the digital copy and it worked perfectly fine with the expiration date listed for 2011. 

Pretty sure the original steel book that you're referring to was BBY exclusive, so they're probably clearing out stock now that the comic cover is out.

Is Scarface filed under Action or Drama category?

Sometimes, it is difficult to find movies in BBY with their ways of arranging those titles in their aisle.

Even BBY employees are confused..

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I saw regular Scarface blus on the end and the comic steel somewhere else. Holy fuck best but sucks at organizing their movie/games

Any remaining red steelbooks should be hiding behind the comic steelbooks in the action section.  The "I love the 80's" version is probably on a special 80's endcap, and the regular blu-ray is on yet another endcap/mini-aisle of semi-sale items.

I started watching mine last night and for it being a 30-year-old movie, I am completely blown away at the picture quality.  I've never been so impressed with a blu-ray as I was last night.  It feels like I'm watching a brand new release set in the early 80's.

bread's done
Back