Scariest Halo Vid Ever (Explained)

Crymson

CAGiversary!
Ghost of Lockout, this is the scariest Halo 2 Video you will ever watch, I laughed myself to tears personally. It's about two people just jumping around on lockout and a mysterious third player enters the game and starts killing them with sticky grenades. Whats mysteious about this player is he doesn't walk, his character just slides around the map and maliciously hunts the two down. This is a must a see!

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=ghostoflockout44

creepy. i personally find it really unnerving to walk around in a custom game by myself, i always feel like someone is going to pop me out of nowhere.

I wasn't creeped out until I saw that he wasn't appearing in the player list. The whole "sticking them while facing the other way" thing is odd too.

I about died when he re-appeared in the room below the sniper spawn though. :lol:

[quote name='Girion47']I found Crymson's sig much more interesting.[/QUOTE]
Yeah that sig makes my thread reading take so much longer, its mezmerizing

[quote name='Murcielago77']My friend showed me this vid a while back. I just think they hacked something in the game disc to get a bot that wasnt finished or something[/QUOTE]
Ghost Video Explained by Creator:

"This is just me experiencing this glitch, which is new i believe, and it scared me, so i made a scary vid. The Guy is not actually a "ghost."
It is probably repeatable, though we dont know quite how yet.

This glitch is caused most of the time by the host lagging when new people join, or having lagged out and came back in."
Upon Further Investigation:

"3 Players in Pre-Game Lobby

- Host (Player #1)
- Player #2
- Player #3

One is the Ping Leader (lets say host):

Host gives command to Player #2, Player #1 leaves, Player #2 then starts the game, Player #2 gives command to Player #3, Player #1 rejoins, his name comes up blank, he is unrecognizable to the stats board, only to Player #2 though

there ya go, player 1 was the ghost, player 2 was the filmer, and player 3 was the host
"

Source: http://ducain.org/hihforum/viewtopic.php?t=26875&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

[quote name='Crymson']Ghost Video Explained by Creator:

"This is just me experiencing this glitch, which is new i believe, and it scared me, so i made a scary vid. The Guy is not actually a "ghost."
It is probably repeatable, though we dont know quite how yet.

This glitch is caused most of the time by the host lagging when new people join, or having lagged out and came back in."
Upon Further Investigation:

"3 Players in Pre-Game Lobby

- Host (Player #1)
- Player #2
- Player #3

One is the Ping Leader (lets say host):

Host gives command to Player #2, Player #1 leaves, Player #2 then starts the game, Player #2 gives command to Player #3, Player #1 rejoins, his name comes up blank, he is unrecognizable to the stats board, only to Player #2 though

there ya go, player 1 was the ghost, player 2 was the filmer, and player 3 was the host
"

Source: http://ducain.org/hihforum/viewtopic.php?t=26875&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0[/QUOTE]
so this is replicable?

bread's done
Back