Scariest Movies You've Seen

I quite liked quarantine, that made me jump alot, although it does take a while to get good, and even then there's only like 20-30mins of the film...

Bravo(I think) does a top 100 scariest movie moments of all time thing every Halloween. That would be a good place to get ideas for what to watch. If only they would occasionally update it....

[quote name='slickkill77']Bravo(I think) does a top 100 scariest movie moments of all time thing every Halloween. That would be a good place to get ideas for what to watch. If only they would occasionally update it....[/QUOTE]

I think you might be able to find this on youtube as well. If not I know from watching some a few months back that there are TONS of user created videos for top 10-100 scariest horror movies.

- Garfield Halloween. Shaq fu-ing, pirate ghosts. Scarred for life.
- Exorcist
- Alien
- Orphanage
- Trick 'R Treat
- Original Dawn of the Dead

[quote name='dark2025']While not horror movies per se, I find his work to be extremely unsettling to the point of experiencing genuine feelings of fear and dread. A prime example of this is Eraserhead. To this day I don't really understand what the film is really about, but it's so effective that I still remember it and fear it, if only for the 'baby' alone. Mulholland Dr. is another great example of his ability to invoke this incredibly unpleasant feeling throughout. Often compared to a bad nightmare, Mulholland Dr. is utterly confusing, frustrating, and unsettling. I don't think it can be classified as a horror movie, but it's certainly more frightening than most horror movies I can think of, although Eraserhead may be even more so. I don't know how Lynch does it, the man is a genius.[/QUOTE]

I agree.

Jack Frost, that's some scary sh*t

0.jpg

But seriously I'm not much into horror. I tried watching Quarantine a few months ago and I had to turn it off. I'm such a puss. Blair Witch scared the crap outta me as a kid. I bought into the hype thinking it was real, I was jumpy the entire night.

Blair Witch was only good back before people found out it was all staged. They had a stellar promotional website prior to the release that was truly groundbreaking as far as viral marketing is concerned. After it came out they revealed how they directed the movie, they basically told the three kids to find their "directions" stapled to various trees. I don't think they ever met an actual crew member during filming. So they really were alone in the woods when they filmed that. The movie's core flaw was too much buildup (like 2/3 of the movie) and the one guy was the only one that didn't overact too much. The girl laid it on too thick.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Watch Eden Lake. I have yet to even see that movie just because of the kind of reviews I was reading.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I finally got a chance to watch Eden Lake today, and wasn't too impressed. It's certainly disturbing, but I tend to hate movies that have those "Why the fuck did they do that? That's so stupid!" moments...specifically with horror movies. When the characters don't really behave like normal human beings, it pulls me right out of the story. Not a bad movie, but definitely not at the top of the list.

The Descent and The Evil Dead were two recent ones that I really really enjoyed. I've been looking for more to scare me but haven't come across too many. Let the Right One in truly disappointed me, the very few scary parts it had, did not even hit me because my whole mood was off. I think I expected too much from it because of all the hype I had read about it somewhere in these forums. That's about it for now.

The Strangers was pretty damn creepy. I think the manner in which
the couple was killed
was the most unsettling part.

[quote name='Gears24']The Descent and The Evil Dead were two recent ones that I really really enjoyed. I've been looking for more to scare me but haven't come across too many. Let the Right One in truly disappointed me, the very few scary parts it had, did not even hit me because my whole mood was off. I think I expected too much from it because of all the hype I had read about it somewhere in these forums. That's about it for now.[/QUOTE]

I suggest rewatching it without expectations of it being scary. It's not scary at all but it is one of the best vampire movies I've ever seen.

Even tough it's extremely old I could just see this image giving kids in the 20's nightmares. Almost a hundred years later and it's still creepy to look at.

nosferatu.jpg

^ This. Nosferatu is creepy as hell. With its age and the fact that it's in German, it doesn't even really feel like watching a movie. It's like it almost could be real. I can only imagine churches protesting this thing back then, haha.

I throw out the same title every time this topic comes up. Inside is one of the creepiest things I have ever seen.

I will also be the nth person to say The Descent.

Glad to see so many people recommend The Strangers, I read some reviews and heard the premise, it just sounded kinda boring, upon it being thrown out as some of your guys scariest movies ever. Time to check it out.

I've seen Eden Lake a couple times. It is brutal, but overall I wouldn't say it's scary. (Kinda a hypocritical statement considering Inside terrified me.)

[quote name='GhostShark']Thankskilling or Santa's Slay[/QUOTE]

Hate to double post, just needed to be given the props it deserves.

Also if you liked Thankskilling check out Black Devil Doll

[quote name='fieldkillah']Try giving "Salo: 120 days of sodom" a try.[/QUOTE]

ACK!
That was one twisted movie. I had a really hard time forcing myself through it. I went in with no knowledge of the movie, it was just part of my Criterion Collection marathon.

That Marble Hornets serial on YouTube is very good if you're willing to suspend disbelief through it.

bread's done
Back