Scary Best Buy PSP scenario.............. preorder question.

drone8888

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Alright,....

If you're a Reward's Zone member,... then on the 10th this month, you had the option to preorder a PSP from BB.com.

Well,... I placed the order at the exact moment it opened up to us,... and then sat back and sighed.

I then go to my email, a few hours later, and what do I see??
A backorder alert!
I figure either I was too slow placing the order, or this was how a preorder confirmation looks. As I've NEVER preordered online with them before.

The next day,... I get an email stating that I should ignore any backorder emails that I may have received or receive in the future.

Well,.... I just got another email,... on the original release day, saying it's backordered,.... and it won't be in stock for 24 DAYS!!!!!

So I called customer service.
After 10 minutes of pressing numbers,... I get a live person. She has to transfer me to another girl.
WOW!!! An outsourcing nightmare!! This MiddleEastern girl gets on,... and starts babbling about procedures, and CS B/S.

I tell her about the email that instructed me to disregard any b/o emails.

She again, recites the rules, and their agenda.
Then, I'm asked if I'd like to cancel.
I tell her that the item is supposed to ship on the 24th, and I'm leaving the country for 3 years, on April 6th.

She again,... asks if I'd like to cancel my order.

I ask her,.... DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!???

She says, honestly, "NO",... "it says a Sony PSP".

I was going to go on about the whole preorder thing, and the limited quantities,... but I figure she'd just get confused.

SO,............... anyone else know what's going on???

I need to know, so I can prepare for my trip without another worry.
Thanks.
:)

Wasn't trying to go that route,... just making clear why I'm asking here.

So I don't get 10 "try calling them, retard", posts.

I did,... they just didn't know what was going on.
That's what contracting, and cubicles does.

So,............do you guys know what's up??

Japan.

Before you start the "get one over there",... realize I'd like to watch US movies on my unit.

Plus, I'd like it for the plane rides.

[quote name='drone8888']Japan.

Before you start the "get one over there",... realize I'd like to watch US movies on my unit.

Plus, I'd like it for the pane rides.

:)[/quote]

Ignoring any dumb jokes I could make about "pane rides"... Why wouldn't you get a US dvd player and play real movies?

???

Yeah, I'll edit that.

The PSP is region coded for it's UMDs.
That means no Final Fantasy Advent Children for me, if I were to get an import PSP.

OK

Back on topic.

Anyone know what's up with BB???
Thanks.

I'm in the same boat with the RZ PSP pre-order. I'm going to let it chill for a while. I bet the most recent backorder email was just a standard email they send to anyone with any sort of backorder (or preorder), and not specific to this PSP launch. At least, that's what I'm hoping.

Also, if you use half as many commas in your posts, we'd all be twice as happy to read them.

Did you also get the email that said to DISREGARD any back-order emails? I did and, sure enough, a quick call to customer service allayed any fears.

If you pre-ordered one, despite the email goofiness, you'll get one sent out come March 24th.

If she's really middle eastern you should call her up and declare Jihad on her. That outta put the fire under her ass enough to make sure you get your shit on time.

[quote name='drone8888']Japan.

Plus, I'd like it for the plane rides.

:)[/quote]

Are you going over there to teach English?

I'm going (well, I find out for sure in about a month....*FINGERS CROSSED*) in mid/late-July through the JET program. CAN'T FRIGGIN WAIT!

I heard even though japan is cool, that they have small living spaces and weird customs, like everyone on the same floor of an apartment building shares a bathroom and they all bathe in a huge tub nude together and shit. My global teacher told me enough to diminish any desire of going there.

If you're going to Japan, I think it'll be much cheaper and easier to get a Japanese PSP, a decent size Memory Stick, and just rip DVDs, instead of having people send US UMD movies to you in Japan. You might not be able to watch the American Advent Children, but you'll have the Japanese one ahead of us... even if you don't speak Japanese, surely you know someone who can translate it for you?

[quote name='mgriff']I heard even though japan is cool, that they have small living spaces and weird customs, like everyone on the same floor of an apartment building shares a bathroom and they all bathe in a huge tub nude together and shit. My global teacher told me enough to diminish any desire of going there.[/quote]

:rofl: :rofl: :?

bread's done
Back