Scary vision--The best horror movies

evilpenguin9000

CAGiversary!
In an effort to get into the spirit of the best pagan holiday, I'm wondering what everyone's favorite horror movies are. For me I like psychological horror movies like the Silence of the Lambs or Seven. I also am a big fan of campy zombie movies. Something about ambling zombies keeps me entertained.

But ultimately the scariest movie I've ever seen was the 1929 movie Nosferatu, staring Max Schrek. That thing scared the hell out of me when I was a kid.

[quote name='evilpenguin9000']In an effort to get into the spirit of the best pagan holiday, I'm wondering what everyone's favorite horror movies are. For me I like psychological horror movies like the Silence of the Lambs or Seven. I also am a big fan of campy zombie movies. Something about ambling zombies keeps me entertained.

But ultimately the scariest movie I've ever seen was the 1929 movie Nosferatu, staring Max Schrek. That thing scared the hell out of me when I was a kid.[/quote]

Had a discussion about this a long time ago so this can be an update to that old thread.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22976&highlight=

My favorite horror movies are werewolf movies but I also like zombie movies as well here are my favorites I've been watching recently: Dog Soldiers,The Howling,Bad Moon,The Evil Dead series,Resident Evil,Friday the 13th and The day of the dead. But I highly recommend The Evil Dead I watched it for the first time a few days ago and really enjoyed it!

I dunno about scary movies but the scariest scene for me is definitely the baby crawling on the ceiling in Trainspotting... quite possibly the most disturbing site... still makes me piss my pants when i think about it :x

[quote name='evilpenguin9000']In an effort to get into the spirit of the best pagan holiday, I'm wondering what everyone's favorite horror movies are. For me I like psychological horror movies like the Silence of the Lambs or Seven. I also am a big fan of campy zombie movies. Something about ambling zombies keeps me entertained.

But ultimately the scariest movie I've ever seen was the 1929 movie Nosferatu, staring Max Schrek. That thing scared the hell out of me when I was a kid.[/quote]

Didn't they make a computer game called Nosferatu?

The scariest movie I ever saw? I think it was that Barney movie. But actually, I thought the Excorcist was pretty freaky/scary (the new one)

[quote name='XboxMaster']

Didn't they make a computer game called Nosferatu?[/quote]

Yes they did... haven't played it though.

As for my favorite horror movies... I like alot of the Japanese horror as well as the psychological movies that evilpenguin9000 listed along with The Green River Killer and Identity (even though I disliked the ending)

Oh, and even though it's not really a "horror" movie, I loved Shaun of the Dead... one of the greatest movies I have ever seen.

[quote name='dnt_h8me2'][quote name='zionoverfire']Requim for a dream, that's some scary shit.[/quote]
WTF?[/quote]

Have you seen it? Far and away the scariest drug film I've ever seen. The book is fantastic as well.

Requiem for a Dream was fairly horrific.

And ya know The Exorcist made me laugh...maybe I'm jsut a sick bastard, but lines like "Let Jesus fuck me" seem really hysterical to me.

bread's done
Back