Scientific Atheism?

Gustav Holst

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I know the basic principles of Atheism, and something got me thinking. Almost all religions believe in intelligent design. I was raised, and consider myself, Jewish. But, am I ranging into the spectrum of so-called "Scientific Atheism" If I believe in evolutionm, and the Primordial ozze, and the big bang? No matter what religion you are (Catholicism, Judaism, Islam, Buddhist etc.) is believeing in Evolution and the big band betraying your own religion?

A big NO.

Science explains the "how" with rational and scientific observable evidence. How was the universe created? with the big bang. Some people are not satisfied with scientific awnser, and in tern look towards purpose and meaning, to fill impending questions of "Why"? Why did the big bang happen? Well science will probably never be able to answer that question. Nor will it say why evolution is what it is. For you, you may simply believe it was because of god. I think thats all thats really required, excluding your dogma.

I think you would be turning your back if indeed you believed that their was no grand purpose in the universe or if you radically change your opinion of "why" or what "why" is. In the end though its kind of silly. Almost all monotheistic religions believe the same things, but they differ on how the question of why came about. It’s silly to fight over it. Everyone is ether right or wrong together.

Some take solace in the idea that there is no grand scheme. This life is our only life and we must make the best of it. Others look after to distant worlds to keep them going in this life. I wouldn't say ether one is wrong.

Take comfort in that if god exits, and you were to follow your heart and mind, and it leads to something other them him, and he casts you aside on your death, is that really the god you wish to spend eternity with? So its really a win win situation if you look at.

[quote name='Gustav Holst']No matter what religion you are (Catholicism, Judaism, Islam, Buddhist etc.) is believeing in Evolution and the big band betraying your own religion?[/QUOTE]

Not at all. You could just as easily claim God created evolution.

And if liking big band music makes you an atheist, call me an atheist!

bread's done
Back