Scoop! Free SuperBad Movie Ticket at BB YMMV

floatingaccount

CAGiversary!
Went to pick up Hot Fuzz/ Shaun of the Dead today, and I was looking at the DVD end caps at Best Buy and I saw about 200 SuperBad sneak peak DVD's. They are absolutely free and include a movie ticket up to $12. They do ring up as $11.99, however they say Not for Retail on the back, so they will mark them down. Me and my roommate both got one with no hassle. If anyone needs to know it is a Hollywood Movie Money movie ticket which excludes AMC theaters. Any questions please ask and I will get to you asap.

Picture:
IMG_0597.jpg

*Edit: movie ticket is up to $12 and updated about the ticket itself.

*update: many people are having problems getting it even with a purchase, doesn't look like BB knows what is required to get the disc, so this is now very YMMV

did you buy it with anything? that is, i'm wondering if it would ring up free with a purchase, since it might be ymmv otherwise, getting them to mark it down from $11.99...

hmmm

I purchased hot fuzz and shaun of the dead (2 for $20) my roommate purchased a cpu fan for $10 and we both got it for free. I did not try to just to get it alone though, although there was no signage that said it required a purchase to get it for free.

My BB wouldn't mark it down. Of course the girl helping me wasn't the brightest bulb in the lamp. Oh well, will have to try later this week with another smurf helping me.

dood56 that is pretty weird, were you making a purchase at all? My BB didn't have any signs up did yours? At mine there were about 200 of them just sitting out. Let us know, thanks.

halofreak, it doesn't come out until the 17th and i'd be amazed if it didn't come anywhere near you.

I went and tried to pick one up today but no one at my store had any idea what it was and kept telling me it was 13 dollars. They didn't seem to care that it said not for sale on the back. I'll try again later

Apparently it is indeed supposed to be $11.99. You are paying for the $12 in movie cash and whatever, and the little sneak peak DVD is the freebie. Since movies dont cost that much, I don't understand why I would pay $12 for a $8 ticket.

Dave

Now I have an excuse to go to Best Buy! Hooray!

[quote name='MightySlacker']Apparently it is indeed supposed to be $11.99. You are paying for the $12 in movie cash and whatever, and the little sneak peak DVD is the freebie. Since movies dont cost that much, I don't understand why I would pay $12 for a $8 ticket.

Dave[/quote]

Nevermind!

Nah, I'm going anyway. For other things. Hot Fuzz, 300, etc.

I got turned down today. came up 11.99 and she left the register went through the store found people talked to them came back and said you have to buy something different than the 300 LE that I was buying to go with the DVD. If there was a mag rack I would have kicked it into the cell phone department.

[quote name='cag1000']If there was a mag rack I would have kicked it into the cell phone department.[/QUOTE]

My Best Buy has a magazine rack right next to the door!

[quote name='Dark_Ryder14']is this everywhere or just LA/CALIFORNIA etc.[/QUOTE]

wait? where was the mention of LA/California?! IF SO, WHICH STORE?!!!!

[quote name='MightySlacker']Apparently it is indeed supposed to be $11.99. You are paying for the $12 in movie cash and whatever, and the little sneak peak DVD is the freebie. Since movies dont cost that much, I don't understand why I would pay $12 for a $8 ticket.

Dave[/quote]

On the front of the Box, it says it includes a "free Superbad movie ticket". If they use this line on you, just point out it says the ticket is free, and that the DVD is not for resale, so what exactly are you paying for?

From reading DVD talk, it looks like this might be part of a promotion for next weeks ad that is out early, and that you are supposed to buy certain DVDs to get it, but they aren't all that sure.

It looks like the OP's store had them out early. According to Speedy, BB this week is offering free Rush Hour 3 tickets:

Free Rush Hour 3 Movie Money With Purchase of Any of the DVDs Listed Below:

Movie Money value = $10.50 // Valid at participating theaters only // Movie money valid 8/10/07 – 8/24/07 // Minimum 20 per store // No rain checks

Choose from these & more DVDs in store and at BestBuy.com
  • Rush Hour >>>> $9.99
  • Rush Hour 2 >>>> $9.99
  • Just Friends >>>> $9.99
  • Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle: Extreme Unrated Edition >>>> $9.99
  • Friday
  • Wedding Crashers: Uncorked Edition >>>> $14.99

Yeah, It rangup $12 plus taxes (Ripping Off). Yes, they told me they have the right to sell to you but you can't re-sale to anyone.... Ok... go to hell :)

[quote name='sman113']Whats your point. This movie money is for Superbad.[/quote]

My point is, since the Superbad ticket is YMMV, there is an advertised deal this week for Rush Hour 3 for those interested in getting a free movie ticket. Maybe I should have mentioned the movie money is good towards any movie (this worked for the 300 tickets).

Yes, they told me they have the right to sell to you but you can't re-sale to anyone....

:rofl:

I got 2 of them for free!!! Just took 2 I could have took about 50 of them. Told the guy at the door(security guard) that they were a PROMO and he said go ahead. Nothing like getting this for FREE!!

[quote name='MrFriday18']I got 2 of them for free!!! Just took 2 I could have took about 50 of them. Told the guy at the door(security guard) that they were a PROMO and he said go ahead. Nothing like getting this for FREE!![/QUOTE]

yeah... but you COULD have thrown a handful of glitter in his face as you walked out too

so it wasn't a total success

bread's done
Back