Scooped up a SEGA Master System w/ two games

Tsukento

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
So I went to the local flea market the weekend before Christmas and just went looking around. I spotted this one guy with a table full of jacked up electronics, but on the side he had some games.

In an instant I spotted a really dusty SEGA Master System. It had both controllers and cables. Next to it were a crap load of games, such as Shinobi, Alex Kidd in Miracle World, etc. Up until that point, I never had actually seen a Master System in person, let alone found one at a flea market.

I asked the guy how much he wanted and his original offer was $20. The games were $3 each. He said he'd sell me the system for $15 if I bought two games. After a bit of haggling (and thanks to the incoming rain that was slowly starting), he sold it to me for $12.

I picked Alex Kidd and Space Harrier out of the set that he had. Both games were absolutely complete. Box, manual and even the poster that came with Alex Kidd. :D

I noticed he had a first model SEGA CD (another piece of hardware I didn't have; I only have the second model). I asked how much he wanted for that. He wanted $15 for it and wouldn't budge from it, even after I pointed out to him that it had absolutely no cables. :(

So now out of my collection of US released SEGA consoles, I'm now only missing the Master System II, first model SEGA CD, CDX, Genesis 3 and Nomad. And yes, the Master System and the games do work. :)

Awesome- I would've bought it. Then I would have come home, realized I had no where to put it, and start shuffling things around for a few days until I could get a spot open for it. :bouncy:

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Awesome- I would've bought it. Then I would have come home, realized I had no where to put it, and start shuffling things around for a few days until I could get a spot open for it. :bouncy:[/quote]
Haha, same with me. Only reason I didn't get the CD was because I only had enough for lunch left over and that guy wasn't budging on his price.

bread's done
Back