Scored gold hammerburst!

Mospeada_21

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
Lucky bastard me, mother SOB.....I know, I know.

The limited/special edition of GOW2 had the gold-plated lancer, but for some odd reason I thought the gold-plated hammerburst was a UK/PAL item. This would have made for some interesting online matches.

I had some time last night and decided to look into it, and understood it was actually a midnight launch premium from 6 months ago. Wow!

Took 15 minutes dialing 9 different shops today, and VIOLA!!

Mospeada_21
[/URL][/img]

Huh? I got one for free somehow over XBL. It literally showed up one time during a hoarde match and I have the regular edition.

I had a co-worker that I work with who doesn't sign on to Live and they gave me their Gold Hammerbust code so I lucked out that way.

[quote name='Pck21']Huh? I got one for free somehow over XBL. It literally showed up one time during a hoarde match and I have the regular edition.[/quote]

You probably got it back when Xbox.com was just implementing Marketplace on the web and a bunch of exclusive items happen to slip past them.

I've got about 30 of these somewhere. My GS rocks and gives me all kinds of stuff. Maybe I'll look for them.

i have the gold hammerburst and lancer and i dont even use them (unless i am playing horde) they just scream "hey im over here, kill me with your sniper rifle please!" so i dont use them :) however i do like the golden guns while playing horde

[quote name='Shady3011']You probably got it back when Xbox.com was just implementing Marketplace on the web and a bunch of exclusive items happen to slip past them.[/QUOTE]

Come to think of it, I do remember something like this a while ago. I thought it didn't work for me for some reason but I guess not. Sweet!

You know whats great? I worked at Epic as a tester on Gears 2 and we didn't even get these. We were all at the official launch party so we couldn't get out to a GS to get one and we all thought that Epic would have tons of them on site. We didn't :(.

I did get a free metal COG, full-size lancer, and RC tank, though. So I can't really complain.

[quote name='Doomstink']You know whats great? I worked at Epic as a tester on Gears 2 and we didn't even get these. We were all at the official launch party so we couldn't get out to a GS to get one and we all thought that Epic would have tons of them on site. We didn't :(.

I did get a free metal COG, full-size lancer, and RC tank, though. So I can't really complain.[/QUOTE]

I'm jealous, I wanted one of those full sized COG Tags sooooo bad!

[quote name='xbox_mole']I'm jealous, I wanted one of those full sized COG Tags sooooo bad![/quote]

I've got the original chrome prototype one. The thing weighs a ton for its size. I won it at the gold party before the game came out.

[quote name='Doomstink']I've got the original chrome prototype one. The thing weighs a ton for its size. I won it at the gold party before the game came out.[/QUOTE]

Go ahead, just rub it in a little more. ;) Congrats, those things are awesome.

Is there any way I can call Xbox and tell them my limited edition didn't come with a code? Cause I bought it used, but likely whenever the person traded it in they kept the code.

[quote name='Captain Castle']Is there any way I can call Xbox and tell them my limited edition didn't come with a code? Cause I bought it used, but likely whenever the person traded it in they kept the code.[/QUOTE]

no....you said you bought it used......you dont get a code....:roll:. as far as i know, these didnt have the problem fable 2 had so you are just sol. i think.

[quote name='Ziv']I've got about 30 of these somewhere. My GS rocks and gives me all kinds of stuff. Maybe I'll look for them.[/QUOTE]

You should take those to ebay. They go for $20 or $25 each.

I went to a GS near me that had tons of copies of GOW 2. First one I opened had the Hammerburst, so I took it. I'm thinking of going back, buying GOW 2, putting all the codes I can find in it, then return the game a day later.

bread's done
Back