Scored original Xbox Controllers! (blue & green)

Mospeada_21

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
Finally, after many stops and many miles.....

Found two brand-new blue original Xbox controller S's. It was at a Best Buy in Sunnyvale, CA. $24.99 each after GGC! Last two, they didn't have green. A year ago, this wouldn't be a big deal; I didn't even have an Xbox. But today, it was like finding a treasure chest!

Later, picked up a new slate/clear gray PS2 controller for $20.99 after GGC; didn't want to have that same problem again later.

These are going to be back-up controllers, in case my current ones go out. I am also currently upgrading several of my GameCube titles/PS2 titles to Xbox titles; due to the high-def differences and affordable Xbox prices.

In a four week span, I have upgraded around 80 - 90 titles.

These include:

1) Entire Splinter Cell series.
2) Entire Prince of Persia series.
3) Entire Hitman series.
4) X-Men Legends series.
5) Lego Star Wars series.
6) TimeSplitters series.
7) Terminator 3 series.
8) Hulk series.
9) True Crime series.
10) Robotech series.
11) Lord of the Ring series.
12) Burnout series.
13) Matrix series.
14) Buffy series.
15) Several Marvel titles.
16) Several one-off's.

720p is amazing! and Xbox 480p is Wow!

I thought you were gonna say you found a Duke controller. By time I got an Xbox the 'S' was the standard controller, and I have 3 of those. But one day last year I was trying to find a third game to complete a buy3get1 deal at EB, and there just wasnt anything I wanted. So I picked up a Duke. That damn thing is the size of a football!

I picked up Riddick and my wife is huge Vin Diesel fan, so she wanted to play it. As a goof I handed her the Duke... she was like 'WTF is this thing?' Its bigger than our gamecube! lol

Seeing the way the used controllers look at EB (some are disgusting), I can understand why someone wouldn't want used controllers.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Seeing the way the used controllers look at EB (some are disgusting), I can understand why someone wouldn't want used controllers.[/quote]

I hear ya on that. I'll buy used controllers, but they go thru a special quarantine period before they get mixed in with the general population.

I clean them with isopropyl alcohol, and use q-tips to clean the sides on the buttons, and the cracks inbetween the dpad, and the body of the controller, all the places where gunk tends to collect basically. I treat the controller like its covered in bubonic plague germs until it gets thoroughly cleaned.

Good find on the brand new controlers :)

I aim for first-party only because third party controllers spring up odd issues at odd times.
The only third party controllers I've been happy with were because they were so ugly: Xbox and Xbox360 wired controllers that had "GAMESTOP" printed right on the controller. Crappy advertising for a subpar store, but they were pretty cheap compared to anything else I could find!

[quote name='Scorch']My local Sears has a ton of new S controllers[/QUOTE]

Hey Scorch,

Really? Do they have 2 green ones? If you can get 2 new ones for me, I'll gladly send payment first. Let me know, thanks.

-M21

Unbelieveable luck! On my way home from work yesterday, stopped by an EB around the corner and spotted three new controllers S in green! ($24.99 ea) it's like hitting the jackpot!

Yeah, my TRU had them clearanced at 14.98.

and if you're interested, I have a Logitech Precision Wireless (best wireless for the old Xbox, IMO) for $20 shipped. It's used, but in awesome condition.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']Unbelieveable luck! On my way home from work yesterday, stopped by an EB around the corner and spotted three new controllers S in green! ($24.99 ea) it's like hitting the jackpot![/QUOTE]
A very crappy jackpot. Your excitement over finding new controllers is funny to me \\:D/

Eh, the Logitech wireless controllers are on sale all the time online for $12-15 each. They work great and make life easier if you don't want to sit right in front of your TV.

I preferred the location of the white & black buttons on the original controller. You could actually hit them while playing without hesitation. They were in an absolutely terrible spot on the S controller.

bread's done
Back