Scott McClellan steps down, Karl Rove relinquishes responsibilities

elprincipe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
60 (100%)
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=1863191

I'm sure the leftists on the board will be happy since he is pretty much a despised figure to them, but I'm not sure anyone will be especially sad. He certainly had his own way of obfuscating the issues.

Additionally, Karl Rove will have reduced responsibilities, another person liberals love to hate. But evidently the reason for the change is to allow him to concentrate more on politics!

But who will Scottie's replacement be? Given Bush's policy of promoting from within, I'm guessing Trent Duffy...

What about Rove? Is this a good move for Republicans?

Actually, I'll miss Scott - he was an absolutely ATTROCIOUS press secretary, which made him fun to watch. He always looked like a comedian who's completely bombing on-stage, flop-sweat oozing out of ever pore. Unlike most of the Bush administration, Scott clearly has a soul, which he's been forced to keep locked up in a tiny closet, and stuffed full of Ben and Jerry's to keep it quiet. Still, it regularly broke out, and you could see him up there trying to ignore the voice inside him screaming "This is BULLSHIT! Complete and utter BULLSHIT! Just tell them the truth!" as he stumbled and muttered about how they can't comment on ongoing investigations.

I'll miss him. I'm sure no matter who they replace him with will be a better press secretary, but they simply won't be as fun to watch.

[quote name='Drocket']... a soul, which he's been forced to keep locked up in a tiny closet, and stuffed full of Ben and Jerry's to keep it quiet. Still, it regularly broke out, and you could see him up there trying to ignore the voice inside him screaming "This is BULLSHIT! Complete and utter BULLSHIT! Just tell them the truth!" as he stumbled and muttered about how they can't comment on ongoing investigations.
...[/QUOTE]

lockhartp.jpg

Joe Lockhart, we miss you too...

Rove's reduced duties may coincide with the grand jury currently analyzing Fitzgerald's research - watch for more indictments within a week or two.

I've heard that Rove's reduced duties are for two feasible reasons: (1) it may just be in name only, and behind the scenes, he will continue to do that which he has always done (but the appearance of his diminished power may help the administration's credibility), or (2) he's stepping down in order to parlay the damaging effects of the Bush administration approval ratings, and the even-worse Congressional approval ratings, by helping Republican campaign efforts this year.

As for Scottie, it's not he's going to be replaced by Snappy McTruthTeller. It's going to be the same shit with a different face. Just like when McClellan replaced Ari Fleischer, to point only one recent example.

The idea that they may hire Tony Snow as his replacement has had me gutbusting with laughter and irony at the same time.

[quote name='mykevermin'](2) he's stepping down in order to parlay the damaging effects of the Bush administration approval ratings, and the even-worse Congressional approval ratings, by helping Republican campaign efforts this year.
[/QUOTE]

This is the reason. Love him or hate him, the man knows how to win elections.

The impending departure of McCellan was pretty obvious over the last couple of months. Press Secretary is a difficult position in the best of times. I think it was pretty obvious that the last year and a half had really taken its toll on him.

I suspect Rove won't have much time to work on any elections since he will soon be indicted for his role in outing Valerie Plame.

[quote name='mykevermin']The idea that they may hire Tony Snow as his replacement has had me gutbusting with laughter and irony at the same time.[/QUOTE]

Good God, I hope it isn't Snow. I can't stand that guy!

[quote name='elprincipe']Good God, I hope it isn't Snow. I can't stand that guy![/QUOTE]

Why would he take a pay cut and ruin his career as a news anchor and radio takshow host to be a presidential press secretary? I smell leftist rumor mill smoke to simply smear Snow.

[quote name='bmulligan']Why would he take a pay cut and ruin his career as a news anchor and radio takshow host to be a presidential press secretary? I smell leftist rumor mill smoke to simply smear Snow.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to hear the rationale behind that one. Dude wears his political allegiance on his sleeve, so this is perhaps news to the kind of people who follow Kelly Clarkson's career more than they do Washington.

[quote name='bmulligan']Why would he take a pay cut and ruin his career as a news anchor and radio takshow host to be a presidential press secretary? I smell leftist rumor mill smoke to simply smear Snow.[/quote]

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/04/25/snow/index.html

Fox News' Tony Snow is set to move from the anchor chair to the hot seat, agreeing to take on the role of White House press secretary amid slumping poll ratings for President Bush.

The appointment of Snow, who has formally accepted the job, will be announced Wednesday morning, according to three Republican sources familiar with Snow's discussions with the White House.

Would you like crow with that?

Hot damn, this can only mean one thing, the whitehouse must be in cahoots with those, darned leftist rumour spreading conspiracy theorists!

[quote name='elprincipe']What about Rove? Is this a good move for Republicans?[/quote]

Very smart move, due to telivised media (mostly liberal) portarail of that has made him infamous. The Republicans need Rove where he shines, in think tanks and behind the scenes.

[quote name='AYATOLA']Very smart move, due to telivised media (mostly liberal) portarail of that has made him infamous. The Republicans need Rove where he shines, in think tanks and behind the scenes.[/QUOTE]

Haha, Jon Stewart mentioned yesterday he looks like a big baby. Seeing this picture, I think I agree:

[quote name='bmulligan']Why would he take a pay cut and ruin his career as a news anchor and radio takshow host to be a presidential press secretary? I smell leftist rumor mill smoke to simply smear Snow.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAahHAAHhAHAhAHA

The kool-aid claims another tiny portion of bmug's brain!

[quote name='dennis_t']The kool-aid claims another tiny portion of bmug's brain![/QUOTE]

Well, bmug's premise was silly to begin with. Tony Snow's resume includes his own conservative radio show (not that you'd know, given its ratings), a fill-in for Rush Limbaugh for *years* (which is how I first came to know him in the time before Fox News helped me identify every living breathing conservative pundit ever), a syndicated editorial columnist, and a Fox News 'anchor'.

If anything was to be used by the elusive 'liberal media' to smear Snow's credentials, it would have been his fucking resume on Monster.com the moment he tried to claim himself to be an objective and unbiased news anchor. Then again, he's not an esteemed editor for the weekley standard, so I guess that de facto puts him to the left of Brit Hume.

I'm gonna miss Scotty. I think I'll go purchase some "Abbott and Costello" videos to substitute for his chubby blubbering face.

[quote name='mykevermin']
I'm gonna miss Scotty. I think I'll go purchase some "Abbott and Costello" videos to substitute for his chubby blubbering face.[/quote]

Ahaha, Scott got more abuse than a banana bag at a golds gym.

Grating, sometimes, but always amusing to watch.

bread's done
Back