Scott Pilgrim vs. The World deals?

greenwolfe7

CAGiversary!
I've been searching for a good deal on this movie blu-ray since the week it came out and the best price I've seen is 24.99 everywhere just wondering if anyone has managed to find a new copy somewhere a bit cheaper.

Thanks

The best one was the 30% off Blu coupon from BBuy a few weeks back. Ever since then, sales for this one have been quiet. Im looking too.

Yeah I saw that one too just missed it though ill put it back here though if I find a deal somewhere of course if you find anything though I would appreciate if you could post here or pm me. Thanks.

I just rented this and I couldn't really get in to it. It seemed right up my alley and I knew what to expect, but it still didn't grab me. Would reading the manga help at all?

It has been in my Amazon goldbox a few times for $23. That seems like a pretty good deal, if you missed the 30% off BB one (Which made it $19-ish, I believe).

[quote name='WebScud']I just rented this and I couldn't really get in to it. It seemed right up my alley and I knew what to expect, but it still didn't grab me. Would reading the manga help at all?[/QUOTE]

Comic. Honest mistake, though.
I'd say yes, reading the series would help. But I'm a huge fan of the series, so of course I would say that.
What didn't grab you about it?
The movie roughly follows the arc of the comics, in that the first volume starts very slow and shows the relationship between Scott and Knives, with Ramona coming in roughly in the middle and the first fight scene right towards the end.
But from Vol. 2 onwards we get a lot more character development and backstory on all characters, most importantly on Scott and Ramona themselves (also Knives, Kim, and Envy).

So yeah, it rocks, and has way more time to flesh out the characters and their growth over the course of the story. Also note that the movie takes place over a few days, while the books take place over at least a few months.

[quote name='WebScud']I just rented this and I couldn't really get in to it. It seemed right up my alley and I knew what to expect, but it still didn't grab me. Would reading the manga help at all?[/QUOTE]

The movie was better than the comics, so I doubt it.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']The movie was better than the comics, so I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

Both are good in thier own ways. The comic is a deeper and more well develped experience. It takes place over a year and spreads our Pilgrim's development more naturally. The books also diverge greatly from the film after the 3rd evil ex.

[quote name='SDC']It has been in my Amazon goldbox a few times for $23. That seems like a pretty good deal, if you missed the 30% off BB one (Which made it $19-ish, I believe).[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was just hoping to find a way to get it under 20$ since I've never paid more than that for a blu-ray yet but I really loved this movie and the comic... and the game... I thought they were all great. But I really want this movie so I guess ill just bite the bullet and be mad when it gets below 20$... I got a 5$ gift cert at BB anyway to abuse if they will price match walmart... which is iffy my BB RARELY ever takes a PM.

i never read the comics and i wrote this movie off after seeing the preview but after watching it, it really surprised me. I really liked it, thought it was badass

[quote name='greenwolfe7']Yeah I was just hoping to find a way to get it under 20$ since I've never paid more than that for a blu-ray yet but I really loved this movie and the comic... and the game... I thought they were all great. But I really want this movie so I guess ill just bite the bullet and be mad when it gets below 20$... I got a 5$ gift cert at BB anyway to abuse if they will price match walmart... which is iffy my BB RARELY ever takes a PM.[/QUOTE]
I'd recommend just being patient. Look at how low the price on Kick-Ass dropped and really pretty quick at that, and if I'm not mistaken they both underperformed at the box office in the same fashion. Granted, different distributors, so I could very well be wrong about them following the same trend.

With regards to reading the comic, I bought and read the first two volumes, and thought it was bad. Not really bad, just "I only kinda wish I hadn't read this" bad. However, that lowered my expectations for the movie, and really made me love it, not enough to spend another $20 for the other 5 volumes of the comic though.

heres what i did.

4 years ago, when i found out this movie was happening, i made my girlfriend get a job at best buy.

the day the movie came out, i told her to use her discount.

we got the movie for $18!

[quote name='StripesOrBars']heres what i did.

4 years ago, when i found out this movie was happening, i made my girlfriend get a job at best buy.

we got the movie for $18![/QUOTE]
JUST_AS_PLANNED.jpg

[quote name='StripesOrBars']heres what i did.

we got the movie for $18![/QUOTE]

Way to infiltrate the system. :applause:

M

bread's done
Back