Scott Pilgrim vs The World (VG Soundtrack) - $7.99 at Amazon (Plus SP book deals)

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was just browsing through Amazon and noticed this. I know a lot of people love the music from the game and were asking for an official soundtrack. It includes 24 tracks in MP3 for that $7.99 price,

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003ZNRZZ...iveASIN=B003ZNRZZ2&adid=1YRR8E8K040929CDTCZ1&

scottpilgrimvstheworld_thegame_originalvideogamesoundtrack-300x300.jpg

Track Listing:

1. Scott Pilgrim Anthem
  2. Another Winter (Hear it now at radiomaru.com!)
  3. Skate or Live
  4. Sushi Box
  5. Shrine Bros
  6. Suburban Tram
  7. Maki Ya
  8. Cheap Shop
  9. Rock Club
  10. Vegetable Rock
  11. Bollywood
  12. Rox 300
  13. Gideon Wrath Part I
  14. Gideon Wrath Part II
  15. Giant Contraband Robot
  16. The Dark One
  17. Leave the Past Behind
  18. Come on Down
  19. Party Stronger
  20. Twin Dragons
  21. TechnoMan
  22. Subboss Theme
  23. Just Like in the Movies
  24. This Is the End

I'm aware that there was an unofficial soundtrack posted here earlier as well with 18 tracks btw, not sure where to find it now though, but it's nice to have the official one.

Also if you're interested in the books Amazon has all six for prices ranging from 4.49 to 4.99. Pretty great deal in my opinion.

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&x=0&ref_=nb_sb_noss&y=0&field-keywords=Scott%20Pilgrim%20&url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks

Last edited by a moderator:
Great find! I was hoping they would release the soundtrack. And all six books for $30+?! That's about what I paid for the first three! Oh well. Great series. Thanks OP.

What's so amazing about this? The full game only costs 3 bucks more and you can listen to the songs while enjoying it I would presume...

Also, if I recall the soundtrack was some screeching 8-bit soundalike crap.

[quote name='socash11']What's so amazing about this? The full game only costs 3 bucks more and you can listen to the songs while enjoying it I would presume...

Also, if I recall the soundtrack was some screeching 8-bit soundalike crap.[/QUOTE]

So by that logic, if someone wanted to listen to a movie score or soundtrack they should watch the entire movie too? You make no sense. You can play this soundtrack anywhere you want. you can't do that with the game. And try and listen to the samples before concluding it's some "screeching 8-bit soundalike crap", it sounds fantastic. You're entitled to your own opinion, but it's an incredibly close-minded one.

I can understand buying a video game soundtrack for a 40 hour RPG when a game retails at $60 since you probably can't hear most of the music at will and the game is expensive.

But this is a $10 game which, in some sense, includes the soundtrack for only about 3 bucks more. Plus it's not like you're getting some nice art and a disc, it's only a digital download!

Just seems like a terrible deal compared to the content already included in the game. But certainly, to each their own.

Thanks for the heads up, OP! I didn't know the books had dropped down to $5. I already bought Vol. 1 awhile back, but I went ahead and picked up volumes 2-6.

[quote name='socash11']I can understand buying a video game soundtrack for a 40 hour RPG when a game retails at $60 since you probably can't hear most of the music at will and the game is expensive.

But this is a $10 game which, in some sense, includes the soundtrack for only about 3 bucks more. Plus it's not like you're getting some nice art and a disc, it's only a digital download!

Just seems like a terrible deal compared to the content already included in the game. But certainly, to each their own.[/QUOTE]

Threadcrap Moar.

Love the music but can't justify paying $8 for the soundtrack when I only paid $2 for the game and then not even having a physical copy. I was bad and downloaded this for free...:evil:

Listening to it as I write this...so good.

[quote name='kataztrophik']Love the music but can't justify paying $8 for the soundtrack when I only paid $2 for the game and then not even having a physical copy. I was bad and downloaded this for free...:evil:

Listening to it as I write this...so good.[/QUOTE]

That's some quality thievin'.

[quote name='ssjmichael']

Also if you're interested in the books Amazon has all six for prices ranging from 4.99 to 5.49. Pretty great deal in my opinion.

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&x=0...ds=Scott Pilgrim &url=search-alias=stripbooks[/QUOTE]

I just want to bump this exact deal on the books, heard about it on NeoGaf this evening. All six volumes as of this post are $4.99 on Amazon - this is a MAJOR deal considering the MSRP on the books was previously $11.99. I just ordered all six books for myself after seeing the movie twice and falling in love with it.

Just saved myself $41.94 and have some great reading ahead of me! Now here's hoping Adult Swim green lights a cartoon of Scott Pilgrim.

Here's hoping the books are on sale throughout the week. I want to get the whole shebang as a birthday present for a friend but I'm waiting for my credit card statement to roll over. (9/22)

Not sure how true this is, but in one of the comments sections for the books they said that there's going to be a new boxart of the series out in november. Just thought I'd throw it out there in case.

The volumes are worth it, regardless of price of course. :)

That is an awesome price for the books! If only I hadn't bought 1-5 back in June for $8.60 each lol. Guessing maybe Amazon ordered too many for when the movie came out and is just trying to get rid of some of them?

[quote name='socash11']
Just seems like a terrible deal compared to the content already included in the game. But certainly, to each their own.[/QUOTE]

You should post less. The soundtrack is obviously for people who like the game's music and would like to listen to it on the go or while not playing the game. It's not rocket science. And $8 is very reasonable for a soundtrack. Most MP3 game soundtracks on Amazon go for $10.

And yeah, awesome prices on the books! Man, I paid $9 for most of them a few months ago.

For people who are interested in the books, we have a Scott Pilgrim movie and comics discussion thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268399

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link eastx. (edit: you too ssjmichael)I'm not keen on this music (but I suppose once I start playing the game it will grow on me) but I'm glad for the links, especially the links to the book deals on Amazon.

Prices dropped s'more. Vol 1, 5 are $3.99; 3,4,5 are $4.49; 2 is still at $4.99.
I don't get these price drops, but I'll take 'em.

0_0;

I have the soundtrack already, but those are excellent prices on the books. It may be time to buy my own copies, so I can return my friend's to him.

I'm not really into the artstyle, but the books seem interesting. Are there lots of video game references in the books, or just a few? Anybody know if a single book anthology-like set is coming out soon?

[quote name='dchrisd']I'm not really into the artstyle, but the books seem interesting. Are there lots of video game references in the books, or just a few? Anybody know if a single book anthology-like set is coming out soon?[/QUOTE]

There's a boxset coming out in late November (with like, a special box with new art), but even with Amazon's discounted preorder, it cost a good bit more than just buying them all individually.

To answer your other question, there are a lot of video game/geek culture references sprinkled throughout, but they're rarely so in-your-face that it's really distracting.

[quote name='ssjmichael']So by that logic, if someone wanted to listen to a movie score or soundtrack they should watch the entire movie too? You make no sense. You can play this soundtrack anywhere you want. you can't do that with the game. And try and listen to the samples before concluding it's some "screeching 8-bit soundalike crap", it sounds fantastic. You're entitled to your own opinion, but it's an incredibly close-minded one.[/QUOTE]

This. I generally hate chiptunes and even I think this is pretty good stuff.

It's down to about $26 for all 6 volumes. Wow.

Things that are sad: I just emailed Amazon to see if I could have the incredibly minor drop those two volumes took overnight applied to my order.

:p

Pfft... I'm ridiculous.

[quote name='InvaderZim']Anyone read these books yet? Ok for 10/12 year olds?[/QUOTE]

No, I don't think so. The characters in these books are all late teens -early twenties and the themes reflect that. Drinking, jokes about gay sex, etc.
They're not outwardly violent, and I don't think anything detrimental would happen should a younger reader get their hands on them, but they're definitely not the target demographic.

[quote name='IanKazimer']No, I don't think so. The characters in these books are all late teens -early twenties and the themes reflect that. Drinking, jokes about gay sex, etc.
They're not outwardly violent, and I don't think anything detrimental would happen should a younger reader get their hands on them, but they're definitely not the target demographic.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input. I went ahead and ordered them for myself. I'll wait a few years and pass them down...

Grumble! I just bought book 1 last week for $7.99 thinking I was getting a deal now they do this. And to add insult to injury if you buy all the books individually you can qualify for free shipping, but without the first book you are just $3.99 short.

Placed three orders for the books so far. Prices keep dropping and I keep canceling. Yay for slow shipping speeds. Boo for no price guarantee.

Just ordered all 6 as a birthday present for a friend.

Vol 1 just dropped another 30 cents...

Hmm. Nah, it'll be just my luck they'll shoot back up to like $8-$10 while I'm expecting it to drop more or something.

Had to jump on the books. Absolutely loved the movie and, if these are any anything like Harry Potter, I expect the books to be even better.

bread's done
Back