Scrapland $9.99 new at EBgames.com

It's not bad - very repetitive, but a different take on sandbox-style gameplay. It's GTA with spaceships...but with less mission variety and half-baked game mechanics.

If you want a different take on a sandbox game, though, this is worth checking out...especially for $10.

[quote name='uberzone']WTF is a 'sandbox game'?[/QUOTE]

big huge environments, open ended gameplay with no set mission structure or linear path.

here is some more on Scrapland. for 10 bones this is a great deal

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/921659.asp?q=scrapland
73% at gamrankings

If you like humor in games, then the style, personality, and charm of Scrapland is likely right up your alley. Like Metal Arms, Tiny Tanks: Up Your Arsenal, or even Kung Fu Chaos (which was funny in all of the best and worst ways) before it, Scrapland is a small production with no hype behind it. This action-adventure title is just a charming, hilarious, and fun game that easily stands on its own. It's a jolt to system, a rejection of the standard Goldeneye: Rogue Agent slop that so often guises itself as the next best thing, and a one-of-a-kind diamond-in-the-rough treat that you should not miss, whether that means you buy or rent it.
Of course, it's not perfect. Scrapland becomes tedious with fetch-type tasks, linear gameplay, and the Xbox version seems a little shakey sometimes when you move into large areas. But overall, the game's refreshing sense of personality wins out over everything else.

- Douglass C Perry/IGN.com

I was going to snare this at BB when they dropped the price to $15 after GGC, so $9.99 + shipping seems like a better deal.

Picked one up, thanks Malkershed.

Good price for a game I'm interested in.

Used store credit to snag one and included a used title to use SAVER and get free shipping.

Thanks OP. I threw one in with my EB order this morning. I was eyeing it when it dropped to $15. Couldn't resist at $10.

It sounds like one of those games where the intangibles (characters, humor, etc.) put it over the top. Since that's where most games struggle, I think this game deserves a look.

I've actually been watching this one, it was $14.99 yesterday and I almost bought it. Thankfully I waited. :)

Nice find, OP!

[quote name='chickenhawk']Anyone know if this is in store too? If so, I'll grab one B&M today. Maybe I'll give 'em a call and report back later.[/QUOTE]

I stopped at a B&M and found it at $9.99. Didn't buy it, though. Not enough cash on hand.

I just called my local EBX and confirmed it's selling for $9.99. The employee also asked, "Are you sure you want it? It's a pretty crappy game..." I've never had an EB employee try to dissuade me from buying a game before. I guess he was trying to be nice by offering his honest opinion about it.

Anyway, I can't resist getting it at this price. Thanks OP!

you know you have ordered too much stuff online when you know your credit card number by heart. (great find OP, i also had XIII in my basket from about a month ago, apparently i was waiting for a good reason to pick that up as well)

[quote name='Gycot']you know you have ordered too much stuff online when you know your credit card number by heart. (great find OP, i also had XIII in my basket from about a month ago, apparently i was waiting for a good reason to pick that up as well)[/QUOTE]

Also helpful to have your credit card numbers memorized if you get your wallet stollen.

I'll probably keep my eye on this thread for further discussion about the quality of the game. After reading here, I'm reminded of the PC game Anachronox, but I'm not sure why, because in terms of gameplay it was far from the sandbox style.

[quote name='Gycot']you know you have ordered too much stuff online when you know your credit card number by heart. (great find OP, i also had XIII in my basket from about a month ago, apparently i was waiting for a good reason to pick that up as well)[/QUOTE]

Eh, its not a big deal. I could remember mine probably the tenth time I used it online. :p

I stopped by EB B&M today. It was on the shelf with a $14.99 price tag. I had the guy do a price check on it and it came up $9.99, so I picked one up.

Thanks Malkershed for posting this. :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Another great buy from CAG!

Just picked up the last copy from EB B&M at Rockefeller center in NYC at $9.99. That store has THE most beautiful hispanic girl working there, very sultry voice too, just not very friendly... I guess it's from all the creepy high school doofs that go there and mess around. Oh well, but yeh, it's a good game for $10.

Crapland came today (shipped via UPS) I had ordered some SNES games for free shipping.

Anyway, I haven't played it yet but my copy has no plastic wrap. It has the intact MS side seal. Not a biggie because I was going to crack it open right away . . . but a little annoying.

How did other people's game arrive?

I also just noticed last night when I got home but my copy didn't have the shrink wrap either, just the MS seal. The disc and manual look new but I do have an annoying EB $29.99 price tag on the case which was a pain to clean off. :whistle2:x But yeh, what could it be? Why are they unwrapped? Anyone else get Scrapland and have the plastic wrap missing?

(mine was unwrapped too, just the MS Seal)
First half hour of this game i thought it was horrible. Voice acting made me wince, and while i loved the art on a case by case basis, i thought the levels themselves were a bit unoriginal, very repetative.

After putting in a few hours, however, my view has gone a complete 180. im starting to recognize landmarks, so the world looks less repetative, and i'm get into the missions they give you. and the character design still is badass. Thanks again, OP! If anyone else is being hesitant but has a few hours to let themselves get into it, grab this one!

Hrmm, my copy came without the plastic wrap as well (just the MS seal). Very odd. Why would they pull off the plastic? If they were trying to pass off used games as new, they could easily re-shrinkwrap them, but I don't see them being able to re-seal the games. Very odd indeed.

Mine also arrived without the plastic wrap (but security seal intact). Is it possible none of these games ever got the plastic wrap when they were printed? Go to Best Buy and check out their copies of Scrapland for the XBox. They all have the "cheap" shrinkwrap instead of the "normal" factory shrinkwrap with the creases on the top.

I am reading everyone's post that came without plastic wrap. Just wanted everyone to know that these are not at all like that. Mine came factory sealed. I'm thinking that EB picked up these from some liquidation or something like that.

Hmm, looks pretty interesting, I've never heard of it, but for $10, I think I'll go for the impulse buy lol.

Mine showed up without the shrinkwrap, with the Microsoft seal on the side of it.

Plus, my postal carrier fucking destroyed it while trying to put it into my mailbox. I'm not amused. My replacement game should ship out on Tuesday.

I take back what I said. I said mine came in plastic but it did not. I had just opened a dvd and thought that the plastic on the ground was from scrapland.

bread's done
Back