Scratched Disc... copy to Hard Drive Question.

1969iggy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I have got a game that is scratched pretty bad. IF i copy it to disc and play it from there, is there any way to make sure that it will play right?

My concern is that i traded for it on Goozex. So now i have it, and it will copy to the HD, and starts up... but i'm afraid that 10 missions in it will freeze or error out on my and i'll be stuck with it.

Thoughts?

If you're asking if you can just install it and play it without the disc, no. If you're asking if you can install it and play it using the disc, it's difficult to know.

Usually if you are able to copy the whole game onto your HD without any problems then you shouldn't worry. I had a really bad scratched game, tried to copy it to my HD but it would always be stuck at a certain percentage and would not be able to copy it onto my HD, I knew that at some point if the game was to access that part of the cd it would fail.

I think it would depend on the scratches, but my guess would be no. If only for the fact that when I tried doing it for my copy of DOA4, the copying would always fail. There's no harm in trying, but if the game keeps freezing up at a certain point, I wouldn't be surprised to see it fail.

[quote name='kilatofu']Usually if you are able to copy the whole game onto your HD without any problems then you shouldn't worry. I had a really bad scratched game, tried to copy it to my HD but it would always be stuck at a certain percentage and would not be able to copy it onto my HD, I knew that at some point if the game was to access that part of the cd it would fail.[/QUOTE]

This happened to me to. So I just rented the game I had, then copied it, using my actual scratched copy when I started up my Xbox to play. It works just fine that way to. So if you have another way to get it for a one time use (borrow, rent) then it should be fine when you put it on your hard drive.

I think kilatofu if right (Nice Doug Reference by the way)

I think if it copied the game to the hard drive without problems you should be ok. It has to copy all the data off the disk, so if it did that then the data must have been good.

bread's done
Back