Scratched disc. Options?

torifile

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Well, my 360 scratched the hell out of my RB2 disc. I mean, really scratched. Nearly wore a groove in it and it's unplayable. 2 questions:

1) What are my options short of buying a used copy of the game? Is there any replacement plan in place?

2) Are my other discs at risk of being scratched?

I don't know exactly how it happened as I had left the 360 at work for our residents to play it. I'm pretty sure it wasn't because the 360 was moved around or changed positions since it's been in the same spot for a few weeks. In other words, I don't think it was user error. Any ideas?

is it a perfect circle? deep? if so this happened to me when i had just bought saints 2 on launch, luckily gamestop replaced mine. i dont know the cause though..... but it never happened to me again

Maybe it was bumped while someone was playing. It doesn't "just happen" out of nowhere.

I install all of my games. If you don't have a 60 or 120 gig HD, then i'd say it's time to upgrade.

[quote name='Ziv']Maybe it was bumped while someone was playing. It doesn't "just happen" out of nowhere.

I install all of my games. If you don't have a 60 or 120 gig HD, then i'd say it's time to upgrade.[/QUOTE]

it did just happen out of nowhere to me, i was sitting 20 feet away from the system when it did it, and no one was in the room with me, and i use a wireless paddle so it wasnt me yanking the cord. but yes, i think installing games that you are playing/play alot is a good idea as he said

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']is it a perfect circle? deep? if so this happened to me when i had just bought saints 2 on launch, luckily gamestop replaced mine. i dont know the cause though..... but it never happened to me again[/QUOTE]
Perfect circle and it wasn't just a few rotations. It took a prolonged turning to wear this groove in. It was probably .25" wide. I'll take a pic tomorrow.

Thing is, I think I did install the game to the HD. But that was under a different Live account (on the same machine).

i bumped my xbox with my fallout 3 disk. this was like a week after launch.
diskscratch.jpg

i tried to get it resurfaced. The guy at the resurfacing place said it looked pretty bad but ill try my best. He ended up charging me a dollar or two since there was still a hairline scratch around the disc. sadly the damage was done. I ended up just borrowing a friends copy since he was playing some other title at the time.

Best to try borrowing the disk from a friend. it sucks. I haven't had an issue up until last month where said dvddrive's laser died. im in no rush to replace the drive so it will happen sometime next month. I clearly bumped my xbox so I haven't had an issues w/ disks being scratched since then.

@naiku, wow my saints 2 didnt get scratched that bad at all, it was just one line all the way around, and the game still actually played, just looked ugly as hell, so i swapped it out.

bread's done
Back