scratched discs & returns to store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheapbrass

CAGiversary!
Okay...i bought a game from Bestbuy about 3 months ago. I finally opened it and started playign the game. I accidently bumped my xbox360 while playing the game...the drive made some mangling sounding noises and when i ejected the disc....there was a deep scratch around the outer ring of the disc. Now it is unplayable.

Two questions:

1) Did this also damage my xbox360 unit? my other games seem to be playing okay tho.

2) Can i get a replacement copy for free? Altho this is kinda shady...i was also thinking of buying a used copy at ebgames/gamestop and then (under their satisfaction guarantee) exchange my damaged disc for another game. Anyone know if this will fly? How strict is gamestop about this?

1) NO

2) You can try exchanging it with a receipt at Best Buy and see what they say, usually within 90 days it is ok. As for the GS scam, I highly suggest you DO NOT do that because this is your error, why should they pay for your stupidity?

Sorry if I sound crass or unsympathetic: but next time don't bump your 360.

If you go through with #2 I'm not sorry for sounding crass or unsympathetic, that is an asshole thing to do and I have absolutely no respect for someone that would ever go through with something like that.

You bumped it, it's your fault.

Don't try to scam EB/GS. This type of thing isn't up for discussion on CAG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back