Scratched off XBL 4000 points card code - any happy endings?

Well they finally changed the cards it seems.

Just got a 4000 point card from Amazon and rather than being scratch off it has a little perforated paper strip that you just tear off.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Well the finally changed the cards it seems.

Just got a 4000 point card from Amazon and rather than being scratch off it has a little perforated paper strip that you just tear off.[/quote]I bought a card recently from Amazon and CC and both were the old style cards, but they didn't have the part you scratch off.

I HEARD SOMEONE NEEDED HELP SCRATCHING SOMETHING OFF ...

gears-of-war-20060725103816433.jpg

[quote name='porieux']It's reasonable to expect that something which is intended to be scratched would be engineered correctly so as to make the essential element scratch proof.[/quote]

One would think that would be the case, but apparently Microsoft thought otherwise.

I used a penny for my card, avoided using excessive force, and had lines of removal throughout 30-percent of the code.

It's a good thing they changed their format.

Well they finally changed the cards it seems.

Just got a 4000 point card from Amazon and rather than being scratch off it has a little perforated paper strip that you just tear off.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Well the finally changed the cards it seems.

Just got a 4000 point card from Amazon and rather than being scratch off it has a little perforated paper strip that you just tear off.[/quote]I bought a card recently from Amazon and CC and both were the old style cards, but they didn't have the part you scratch off.

[quote name='porieux']It's reasonable to expect that something which is intended to be scratched would be engineered correctly so as to make the essential element scratch proof.[/quote]

One would think that would be the case, but apparently Microsoft thought otherwise.

I used a penny for my card, avoided using excessive force, and had lines of removal throughout 30-percent of the code.

It's a good thing they changed their format.

[quote name='chasemurata']One would think that would be the case, but apparently Microsoft thought otherwise.

It's a good thing they changed their format.[/quote]
The same thing happened to me - I used a coin with minimal force, and a few letters were scratched half-way off.

I don't see why people are chewing the OPs head off for complaining about what is pretty clearly a manufacturing defect. The proof lies in the fact that Microsoft changed the design.

[quote name='SirMikael']The same thing happened to me - I used a coin with minimal force, and a few letters were scratched half-way off.

I don't see why people are chewing the OPs head off for complaining about what is pretty clearly a manufacturing defect. The proof lies in the fact that Microsoft changed the design.[/quote]

Yeah, I found it somewhat amusing how the person who aggressively addressed the opening poster asked him to go about his phone call in a calm, mature manner when the aggressive person was neither calm nor mature with their reply. :lol:

[quote name='chasemurata']One would think that would be the case, but apparently Microsoft thought otherwise.

It's a good thing they changed their format.[/quote]
The same thing happened to me - I used a coin with minimal force, and a few letters were scratched half-way off.

I don't see why people are chewing the OPs head off for complaining about what is pretty clearly a manufacturing defect. The proof lies in the fact that Microsoft changed the design.

[quote name='SirMikael']The same thing happened to me - I used a coin with minimal force, and a few letters were scratched half-way off.

I don't see why people are chewing the OPs head off for complaining about what is pretty clearly a manufacturing defect. The proof lies in the fact that Microsoft changed the design.[/quote]

Yeah, I found it somewhat amusing how the person who aggressively addressed the opening poster asked him to go about his phone call in a calm, mature manner when the aggressive person was neither calm nor mature with their reply. :lol:

[quote name='jkanownik']http://consumerist.com/344693/scrat...ox-live-card-microsoft-wont-tell-you-the-code

http://gametz.com/forum/General/topic/293795.html

Is it really that hard to believe that Microsoft is manufacturing a defective product?[/quote]
I find it a lot easier to believe that there are just a lot of really stupid people out there.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."

Also they probably changed their format because they were sick of dealing with morons doing this very same thing.

[quote name='Scorch'] I've had to deal with this issue personally many times. Customer story..

"My code scratched off, what should I do?"
"What'd you scratch it off with?"
"My hunting knife"
"Are you serious?!"
"Well, it didn't say what to scratch it off with!"

:whee: :dunce:[/quote]

Oh man... lool

photo_products.jpg

bread's done
Back