Scratched So hard the Code was gone.

youruglyclone

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
So I jumped on the buy GH2 get 1600 MS points deal a while back. So someone was looking for a code and I sold it. I went home to scratch it off and send the guy the code.

so after I was done scratching I noticed something was wrong

TheCodeisgonesmall.jpg

The Code was gone!

I'm like what the hell?

so a call to xbox support to see if anything was done (which had an amazingly short wait), needless to say the rep says nothing can be done and I should seek a refund or exchange(yeah I doubt Circuit City will gladly exchange this).

still lesson learned.

also awaiting all the "Sux to B U" comments

[quote name='youruglyclone']So I jumped on the buy GH2 get 1600 MS points deal a while back. So someone was looking for a code and I sold it. I went home to scratch it off and send the guy the code.

so after I was done scratching I noticed something was wrong

The Code was gone!

I'm like what the hell?

so a call to xbox support to see if anything was done (which had an amazingly short wait), needless to say the rep says nothing can be done and I should seek a refund or exchange(yeah I doubt Circuit City will gladly exchange this).

still lesson learned.

also awaiting all the "Sux to B U" comments[/QUOTE]

If you're going to buy these pre-paid cards I'd suggest getting them at Wal-Mart. Their cards have a heavy strip of plastic that covers the code and then the scratchy stuff on top of that. It seems like it would be VERY hard to rub through that and it should protect you more.

Sorry about your issue though.

You're out of luck.

Cripes, I had one guy who tried to return it after the code was scratched off.

"What'd you try to scratch it off with?"

"A hunting knife."

"...A hunting knife?!"

"Well, it didn't say what to scratch it off with!"

:wall::wall:

[quote name='xbox_mole']If you're going to buy these pre-paid cards I'd suggest getting them at Wal-Mart. Their cards have a heavy strip of plastic that covers the code and then the scratchy stuff on top of that. It seems like it would be VERY hard to rub through that and it should protect you more.

Sorry about your issue though.[/quote]
yeah what's even funnier is most of the redemption codes I've dealt with on xbl are the one where you peel off the paper to reveal the code.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Kids these days and their super strong forearms. How do their forearsm get so strong? One might wonder.........[/quote]
but...but I'm not a leftie ::rimshot::

If you have really been on CAG since 2003 you should have seen the dozens of threads about this over the past 2 and a half years.

You don't actually scratch it -- you're supposed to scrape the shit off.

Like, if you were to scratch a scratch lottery ticket with that boy-strength, you'd start a fire.

Also, I accidentally scratched the last three characters off of a card once. I exchanged it at Target, easy as pie.

judging by the condition of that desk. I say its your were scratching the foil off with the strength of a Bavarian lumberjack. Take it easy next time, and don't use a quarter anymore. Might want to try a penny that is if it doesn't fold under your strength.

[quote name='Graystone']judging by the condition of that desk. I say its your were scratching the foil off with the strength of a Bavarian lumberjack. Take it easy next time, and don't use a quarter anymore. Might want to try a penny that is if it doesn't fold under your strength.[/QUOTE]

I was going to quote Purkey's post, but yours is so much better.

Almost forgot....Sux to B U

;)

You used a coin didn't you?

Yes CC will most likely actually exchange it once you explain the problem, as it is common.

Mods: I vote this to become a sticky, as it seems we get a new thread like this every other week.

[quote name='triforcer']using your finger nail works well for me, just wash up afterwards.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Because gray stuff around your nose would look funny.

[quote name='Purkeynator']If you have really been on CAG since 2003 you should have seen the dozens of threads about this over the past 2 and a half years.[/quote]

:applause:

What did you scratch it off with? I was really nervous after hearing stories, but I used a quarter and did it really lightly. The ink (at least the one on my cards) wasn't as fragile as people were making it out to be.

[quote name='thrustbucket']
Mods: I vote this to become a sticky, as it seems we get a new thread like this every other week.[/quote]

Seconded, how many times are we gonna see this, need to warn the super strong out there to take it easy on these cards.

bread's done
Back