Scratches on DS screen?

dcfox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I was reading the mailbag over at http://www.4colorrebellion.com/ and saw this

Hokku: Yes, my DS got messed up pretty bad a while ago too due to some little girl cousins of mine. I wouldn’t really recommend any screen protectors because I think they all look just as bad as a scratched up DS. However, if you’re really worried about scratches then I would at least suggest to using some static cling ones. I don’t know if there actually are any screen protectors out there that use a sticky film, but if you see one don’t get it. Those would crap up your screen.
The best thing to do, in my opinion, is to let your DS take care of itself. Mine got messed up pretty bad , but after letting it sit without use for a few days it actually got the scratches out on its own. I hear there’s a small grease on the screen that takes care of most scratches. If that doesn’t work to fix your problem then try some nose grease, it’s an age old remedy for small scratches.

I've never heard that the DS can get rid of scratches on its own before. Is there any truth to it?

it actually got the scratches out on its own

suspect0uz.gif

[quote name='Import']Bullshit.

I go weeks without playing my DS and I can still point out the few scratches that are on the screen.[/QUOTE]
That's cause your DS doesn't love you.

But seriously,
I can understand possibly slight scuffs from the stylus coming out... but not scratches.

[quote name='Import']Bullshit.

I go weeks without playing my DS and I can still point out the few scratches that are on the screen.[/QUOTE]

Same. While my scratches don't bother me, they sure as hell don't fix themselves.

So anytime I get a scratched used disc from EB, they scratches will remove themselves after some love and care?

[quote name='Rozz']So anytime I get a scratched used disc from EB, they scratches will remove themselves after some love and care?[/QUOTE]

Only if you put 'small grease' on it. ;)

nintendos plan of incorporating the t-1000 into its ds' has been found!! its only a matter of time before they are all linked together and humanity ends :(...

I thought that part about the 'nose grease' was a nice touch. It's also a dead giveaway that the guy is talking out his ass.

I always wondered if that liquid scratch filler stuff like you see advertised to use on glasses and such works? If so could you possibly use it on a screen like the DS.

[quote name='cletus']I thought that part about the 'nose grease' was a nice touch. It's also a dead giveaway that the guy is talking out his ass.[/QUOTE]

The wierd thing is, I know you can use nose grease (blechhh) to fill scratches on film strips. One of the photographers used it to fix a scratched sample at a newspaper I used to work for. Of course, I wouldn't touch the film after I saw him wipe nose grease on it.

http://photonotes.org/cgi-bin/entry.pl?id=Nosegrease

bread's done
Back