Screen Protector for Slim PSP

It's actually just some sort of mixture of water and some soapy substance. If you are at all familiar with model airplanes, the liquid is basically just used like a decal set, which lets you slide the skin around in order to position it.

It comes with a soft rubber squeegee for you to remove the air bubbles. It is actually really easy to get rid of the bubbles as long as you remove them when the skin is still wet and not set. Also small bubbles will evaporate after a short while. You just don't want to leave big pockets of air or wrinkles. The strange thing is that the application will look simply hideous minutes after you are done, but after about a day it starts clearing up and by 48 or 72 hours it clears up completely and looks great.

Haha and as long as you aren't spraying the spray directly on the battery contacts and immediately turning the PSP on, there's really no danger of short circuiting your PSP. Although, they do suggest that you remove the battery during the application process just in case.

Haha yeah ever since Nintendo sent me my set of 4 new Wii straps I've been hooking the old Wii straps to random things like my Slim PSP, my Phat PSP, my DS, my cell phone...

[quote name='newtype06']So is Hori actually making one for the PSP slim? Man I hope so...[/QUOTE]

Umm, did you read the thread? I posted pics and impressions of their PSP Slim protector on my slim.

[quote name='newtype06']So is Hori actually making one for the PSP slim? Man I hope so...[/quote]

I JUST bought this tonight...now i need to find a PSP Slim.

[quote name='SynGamer']I JUST bought this tonight...now i need to find a PSP Slim.[/QUOTE]

Okay, but in the future I recommend against buying Hori screen protectors from Ebay. I did and got a counterfeit protector... A lot of fake Hori products out there, especially if they ship from Hong Kong.

[quote name='eastx']Okay, but in the future I recommend against buying Hori screen protectors from Ebay. I did and got a counterfeit protector... A lot of fake Hori products out there, especially if they ship from Hong Kong.[/quote]

Yeah, i almost bought one for $4 shipped but the seller only had 2,000 feedback and it was from Hong Kong. The one i bought is from the U.S and has almost 140,000 feedback (99.1% positive) so i went ahead and spent the extra just to be safe.

I just used a Hori that I found at Fry's (they only had 3 left at the time) and went ahead and applied it on my PSP. It looks pretty good actually, 1 mm from the edges don't bother me at all.

I just ordered a Shield Zone one also, I looked at the other ones that claim the same, but the Warranty is why I gave them my money, plus that coupon was good. It looks really good and from what I could see on the installed FF one above, no bubbles in the screen area, so I will hope for the same, Anyways I will also post pics once I get mine and install it. Thanks

[quote name='imascrub']here are pics of the Hori. I didn't really have to take pics but I've recently found taking pictures of crap to be fun lol

CIMG0644.jpg
[/QUOTE]man I wish I woulda seen n read this thread yesterday...

I bought me that Hori yesterday at Frys for my new slim...

I couldnt get the air bubbles out at all!!! they just were NOT moving out!

I removed the screen protector and threw it away :cry:

I think I may wanna get a screen protector that explicitly states it's for the Slim...

spending time + gas + $6 for nothing is not a good thing -_-

I'll say one thing, it sure helps to have a credit card or something hard around when trying to apply these things. You can also use Tape to get a better grip on the cover. (Next time I'll see if I can use tape to position it before taking the back off.)

I honestly think Hori brand is quite good. My Hori screen protectors on my DS Lite and my brother's DS Lite went on perfectly, no problems.

Unfortunately, I screwed up applying my Hori protector on my new Slim, the size difference is quite a bit bigger then what I'm used to (the DS Lite), So It isn't well connected on the corners and edges. I'm going to deal with it for a while since it's only really noticeable when off. I figure it's better to have something, then nothing. But if you don't mind 1mm and you can apply it correctly, it's not the end of the world.

I'm going to order the newer version of the Hori screen protector soon, and apply it when I get sick of my current protector.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-be-49-en-70-28pf.html

Does EB carry good screen protectors? I'm getting a PSP soon and want to know if any good protectors are in stores since I want to be able to quickly get another one if I somehow screw up putting it on the screen.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Does EB carry good screen protectors? I'm getting a PSP soon and want to know if any good protectors are in stores since I want to be able to quickly get another one if I somehow screw up putting it on the screen.[/QUOTE]

Since GameStop doesn't sell Hori screen protectors any more, nope... Some people don't mind the cheaper kinds, but I wouldn't use 'em.

I use the pelican screen protectors. sure they aren't the ultimate super best quality, but they're still decent and get the job done. I also don't have ready access to the Hori ones.

Thanks for the info. One more question about screen protectors. If I apply it wrong or it becomes old and I need to replace it or something, does it damage the screen to take it off or leave a sticky residue or something? I'm assuming no, but I wanted to make sure heh.

Nope, no decent protector will leave residue. And if you know you're getting a PSP, just order the screen protectors from Play-Asia or Decalgirl... No Need to settle for crap ones from a local store. We all know how to order stuff.

I have had my slim almost since launch, and don't have a single scratch. I use a protector on my DS, because the stylus touches it. But I always put my slim back in its pouch, which has worked so far. But now you guys are making me nervous. Have you had problems with scratches in the past?

~S

I didn't read through every message but if this helps:

The invisiShield (http://www.shieldzone.com/) are great for a cellphone, gps, iPod, etc. You don't spray directly onto your screens but onto the protector, itself. Yeah, ultimately you're going to get a little liquid on your device. It wipes off. From my experience the liquid is just there to let you shift it around a bit before finally settling on it's placement.

For Nintendo DS/Lite, I wouldn't recommend them, but instead, I'd recommend the Hori protectors. The invisiShields have a slightly rubbery/tactile feel to them which I think would screw you up on the stylus.. Go with the Horis there.

On, with the invisiShield you're warranty is lifetime. So if it gets goofed up, call them up, have them send another one, swap it out, and then send the first one back. You just pay shipping (I think it was $3 which is a little high but just something to think about)

[quote name='eastx']Nope, no decent protector will leave residue. And if you know you're getting a PSP, just order the screen protectors from Play-Asia or Decalgirl... No Need to settle for crap ones from a local store. We all know how to order stuff.[/quote]

Is it easy enough to apply that I don't need to have a 2nd one for backup or is it better to order 2?

Ryukahn, it's always a good idea to order 2. Even if you don't botch the first application, you'll be able to apply the second one later on if the first protector wears out. I've applied several Horis, and only had like one bad application...
So getting just one isn't a huge gamble.

In any case, you'll want to find good instructions, and don't purchase off Ebay (most of those are counterfeit and inferior).

I am strange.

I liked the fake hori screen protectors for the DS that I got from dealextreme BETTER than the real hori ones. The real hori ones have some problems, first of all they scratch up very easily, second they leave a cloudy residue on the protector, i have no idea how it gets there, and its almost impossible to clean off. Oh and I bought the legit hori ones from play-asia so I know they were authentic. The fake hori's from dealextreme do neither of these things and they just won't scratch, and they only cost under 2$ shipped.

I ordered both types of screen protectors for the slim psp from dealextreme, cost 2.98 total for both of them, I will let you all know how it goes if I can remember to.

Ok, today, when the PSP is off, I notice a few tiny scratches. I am going to get a protector. Because I have the Vader pic on the back, I put mac-tac on the back when I got it, and that has worked fine, but it is not clear enough for the screen.

I don't want to pay $16+ shipping for a screen protector (i.e. invisible shield).

But this looks pretty good. Has anyone else tried these? I might roll the dice on one.
edit: just bought. Will give impressions in 2 weeks :roll: when it get here.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130182579706
Hopefully it is big enough for slim.

~S

[quote name='snowsquirrel']Ok, today, when the PSP is off, I notice a few tiny scratches. I am going to get a protector. Because I have the Vader pic on the back, I put mac-tac on the back when I got it, and that has worked fine, but it is not clear enough for the screen.

I don't want to pay $16+ shipping for a screen protector (i.e. invisible shield).

But this looks pretty good. Has anyone else tried these? I might roll the dice on one.
edit: just bought. Will give impressions in 2 weeks :roll: when it get here.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130182579706
Hopefully it is big enough for slim.

~S[/QUOTE]

If that one doesn't work for you (most of the ones I've tried have been hit/miss...) you can try to see if your local Target has got a "new user pack" that comes with a zip case (with a giant hook to attach it to the backpack I guess) a microfiber cloth, and a screen guard... it's been the best one so far... because it's more rigid and easier to apply without bubbles. I got mine for $22.99. (It'll be in the blue and white blister pack but you'll see the bubble for the screen protector with it...) You might want to check there, if you don't have a case already. It's so far worked flawlessly... and right after I put it on, i used the mF cloth to clean it and got a scratch on the protector... whew! lucky break. :)

edit: Oh, it's also got some rubberized "UMD condoms" to protect your UMD's out of their cases.

Anybody have any recommendations for a full PSP protector or how they look? Looking to get one since I'm importing a limited edition PSP slim and would like to try and prevent the entire thing from scratching and such.

Thinking of going invisibleSHIELD at this point but am still unsure.

[quote name='Draekon']Anybody have any recommendations for a full PSP protector or how they look? Looking to get one since I'm importing a limited edition PSP slim and would like to try and prevent the entire thing from scratching and such.

Thinking of going invisibleSHIELD at this point but am still unsure.[/quote]

Earlier in this thread I posted pictures of my FFVII PSP Slim with the InvisibleShield full body skin application. It's been I dunno how long now, but I've taken the PSP to Japan on a recent trip where it was tossed around quite a bit and I have yet to get a single scratch on it. Like I said previously, it is quite tough to apply, but if you feel like you are up to the challenge, I would highly recommend this. It'll keep your LE PSP looking like new for a LONG LONG time.

[quote name='jling84']Earlier in this thread I posted pictures of my FFVII PSP Slim with the InvisibleShield full body skin application. It's been I dunno how long now, but I've taken the PSP to Japan on a recent trip where it was tossed around quite a bit and I have yet to get a single scratch on it. Like I said previously, it is quite tough to apply, but if you feel like you are up to the challenge, I would highly recommend this. It'll keep your LE PSP looking like new for a LONG LONG time.[/quote]

Noticed the pictures but only briefly skimmed the thread. Guess I missed it where you mentioned you had a full body protector and thought you were just showing off your PSP or something. :p

Ah well, invisibleSHIELD it is then. I remember trying this on my original PSP but I messed up pretty bad and tossed the protector. Though I also did it a bit wrong after having viewed the installation video earlier in the day. So I'll give it another shot and here's to hoping I don't screw up whenever I try it.

Thanks.

[quote name='Draekon']Noticed the pictures but only briefly skimmed the thread. Guess I missed it where you mentioned you had a full body protector and thought you were just showing off your PSP or something. :p

Ah well, invisibleSHIELD it is then. I remember trying this on my original PSP but I messed up pretty bad and tossed the protector. Though I also did it a bit wrong after having viewed the installation video earlier in the day. So I'll give it another shot and here's to hoping I don't screw up whenever I try it.

Thanks.[/quote]
Haha yeah if you look closely in the pictures you can see the skin on it, but it is barely noticeable.

What I did was jump in the shower and after I got out I applied the skin on my PSP in the bathroom, the thinking being that all the dust in the room would settle from all the steam condensing. Also don't just rely on the little bottle of soapy liquid they give you. You should mix a big glass of soapy water so that you can constantly keep your fingertips wet. As long as they are always wet, the application is actually pretty easy since you can keep sliding the skin around.

Oh yeah take your PSP battery out just in case you are afraid of it short circuiting or something. Otherwise don't worry about getting your PSP a bit wet. Just don't turn it on for a day after your application is done.

Man, I just tried applying the InvisibleShield skin earlier, and it went horribly bad. The video demo made it seem like the skin would just glid around on the surface while I got it into place, but it stuck on the screen as soon as I put it on.

Thinking it would slide around I sprayed it up and then quickly slapped it on the screen area, in an attempt to get as little dust as possible. Unfortunately it stuck immediately, and when I had to peel it back to start realigning it, the sticky part picked up dust. I'm not sure if they can even do anything for me at this point, but I'll be emailing them monday about it in hopes that I can at least get another shield sent for free or something and try to put it on better.

So anyone that bought it and is going to apply it just be warned that it isnt as slideable as the video lets you think it is. :cold:

I'd definately reccomend the bestskinsever protector for the slim, I installed four of them other day. Went flawlessly.

Turns out the auction I took a gamble on sent me an official hori protector. It works great, except the one corner isn't totally stuck, as I got my fat fingers on it, when I was applying.

I would like to try the Best Skinz Every. How hard are they to apply? What did they charge for shipping to Canada Magiic.

~S

bread's done
Back