Scribblenauts Unmasked - A DC Comics Adventure (Nintendo 3DS) $7.99 @ Best Buy

Then what are you expecting for basically a free service?
Something like the hat and figurine at least? FFS, Square Enix used to give ipods to it's platinum members.... and if I am investing my time and energy to give Nintendo precious marketing data, it's not free. Not at all.

I usually have better things to do than sit around and filling out surveys for such crappy merchandise, but those 4 free MK8 games were too great to pass on....

The point is people in this thread are being ridiculous because they are more worried about buying worthless points than an actual good game. Dont change the subject.

Last edited:
The point is people in this thread are being ridiculous because they are more worried about buying worthless points than an actual good game. Dont change the subject.
I asked about the points but would have bought the game either way. I am new to the 2DS/3DS and was just curious.

My local BB didn't have any when I was there yesterday so I didn't pick it up. Otherwise I would have even knowing it had no points.

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually have better things to do than sit around and filling out surveys for such crappy merchandise, but those 4 free MK8 games were too great to pass on....
4 MK8s = 240 coins. WiiU = 160 coints.

You don't have time to sit around and fill out surveys (because your time is sooooo valuable and the rewards are such "dollar store" crap) but yet claim to be platinum for the year.

Something is rotten in Cagmark.

You make no sense dude. You keep slagging off club nintendo but still using it.

You don't have time to sit around and fill out surveys (because your time is sooooo valuable and the rewards are such "dollar store" crap) but yet claim to be platinum for the year.

When CN has something worthwhile, yes I will use it. In this case, it was free games with every MK8 code. That was a great deal worth my time and I am happy that I could partake. From there it was very little effort to go Platinum, so I figured I might as well go ahead and finally register my WiiU. So I did.

But no, I don't "keep using it". I didn't use it last year because it seemed pointless, and I was right since the prize was a CD many of us (including myself) already have. I can't even find anything worthwhile for the 600 coins I just got, the only thing that looks even mildly appealing are the two AC posters, but more posters is the last thing I need now since that's about all I've ever gotten from CN coins since the program started, what 5 or 6 years ago?

So would you kindly STFU telling ME what I do when you haven't the first clue?

Last edited:
When CN has something worthwhile, yes I will use it. In this case, it was free games with every MK8 code. That was a great deal worth my time and I am happy that I could partake. From there it was very little effort to go Platinum, so I figured I might as well go ahead and finally register my WiiU. So I did.

But no, I don't "keep using it". I didn't use it last year because it seemed pointless, and I was right since the prize was a CD many of us (including myself) already have. I can't even find anything worthwhile for the 600 coins I just got, the only thing that looks even mildly appealing are the two AC posters, but more posters is the last thing I need now since that's about all I've ever gotten from CN coins since the program started, what 5 or 6 years ago?

So would you kindly STFU telling ME
what I do when you haven't the first clue?
Who peed in your cereal?

You forgot about the coins for the free games. Just saying.

Excellent price. My 8-year-old son has this and loves it. It's a lot of fun and includes EVERY DC Comics hero and villain in it including the most obscure ones.
It really doesn't. I already made a post with some omissions I found, but I could go on. Like that insectoid chick who was a member of the Titans at the start of the New 52. Or that horrible villain that Lobdell created (Harvest I think is his name). Or New 52 Solstice. These are all characters that were in like issue 1 or 2, so if Simon Baz (who came a year later) can make the cut so can they, but they didn't. I could continue with even older characters, like how most of Larfleeze's Orange Lanterns were omitted, or the gaps in the Legion of Superheroes. Apparently not even Joe Chill made the cut :cry:

They did include some like Bunker, but he's totally screwed up, playing identical to a lantern (except purple), even flying around creating giant swords and saws, instead of a guy who can create psyonic bricks. Superwoman (an evil version of Wonder Woman for those who don't know) has heat vision.... which was news to me. I know Atrocitus briefly used constructs prior to the New 52, and Rankorr/Dex Starr can use them, but in this game every red lantern has them (which if you read the series you know is a major no-no). Aside from flight, Blue Lanterns don't seem to have any powers at all, no matter how many Green Lanterns are right next to them. Again, I could go on, but I think you get the point.

Don't get me wrong, the game is fun for what it is, I'm just saying there is plenty of room for improvement in a sequel since they did get a lot of stuff wrong. And the devs can say whatever they want, but they left plenty of characters (and alternate versions of characters) out, which is baffling when you look at some who made it in. Like Star Sapphire Guy Gardner, who never existed at all to my knowledge. There was like a single panel in "War of the Green Lanterns" where Guy was dual-wielding a red/violet ring, otherwise I don't think any male has ever used a violet ring before :???: So if they can do that, why not Sinestro Corps Batman/Scarecrow or Orange Lantern Luthor? I mean they did include Star Sapphire Wonder Woman and Red Lantern Mera from the same damn issue. It is just so bizarre, I can't figure out how they chose who to keep and who to scrap.

Last edited:
You forgot about the coins for the free games. Just saying.
I can buy the "wanted the free games" part but to get to platinum, he had to make an *effort*,which he said was easy to do since he was so close.

That's fine and all but seems contrary to his "it's all dollar store crap" stance on CN.

If you saw a really shitty happy meal toy on the side of the road, would you even make the bare minimum of effort to get it? Of course not. Because you think it's garbage.

He's so full of shit. CN rewards aren't worth shit to him.... Until it is.

The guy is an absolute joke and craps on CN rewards and anyone who might actually want them in every CN thread.

Anyway, I'm done. Just pointing out the hypocrisy.

And thanks OP for the deal. And to actually ad to this topic, free rental for those who don't mind amazon or Walmart credit and have GCU. Amazon is less of a gamble because of more of a grace period to send it in.

Something like the hat and figurine at least? FFS, Square Enix used to give ipods to it's platinum members.... and if I am investing my time and energy to give Nintendo precious marketing data, it's not free. Not at all.

You said it, club Nintendo is the best lmao ''those 4 free MK8 games were too great to pass on....''

1- Nintendo offered the Luigi Statue a few months ago (if I remember correctly).

2- Those surveys don't take long to fill out (what, like 1-2 minutes?).

3- Some people wanted to know if it had club nintendo points. Is that bad? SMH

oooh the choices now...get the 3ds version for 7.99 or the wii u version for 19.99. I was leaning towards the wiiu version because I can play it with the gamepad on a bigger screen until I saw amazon also has it for 7.99

Got Unlimited and Unmasked. Pretty good price for both games. Managed to grab the last copy of Unmasked at my local store.

My nephew has been bugging us for a Scribblenauts game.  I'm gonna get him Unlimited, since I don't think he knows too terribly much about DC.

EDIT:  Nevermind.  Both games show @ 19.99 now.  Blah.

I wish the CAG front page deals (forums) would rotate off the page like they used to...

bread's done
Back