Scrubs: Season 9 Official Discussion Thread

BoSoxFan900

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
The 9th season of Scrubs debuted tonight on ABC with an hour long block of episodes. I wasn't terribly impressed with the new format for the show (Med School), but I didn't think it was as bad as it could have been. At this point, it seems like they're just keeping the show around no matter what cast changes take place. Zach Braff is signed on for the first six episodes. Sarah Chalke is appearing only as a guest star. Judy Reyes isn't appearing at all. I laughed at a few parts, but overall, I just wasn't as excited about the show as I was for the first few seasons. What did everyone else think?

The first episode started out slow. The second one was very good. If you go into it with the mindset that it is a new show, it is enjoyable. I don't expect it to last though.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']Zach Braff is signed on for the first six episodes. Sarah Chalke is appearing only as a guest star. Judy Reyes isn't appearing at all.[/QUOTE]
:cry:

I wasn't even aware this was coming back. Mostly because they did a "Series Finale" last spring. My wife mentioned to me last night that the DVR was recording it, so I'll check it out, but with so many major characters either gone or going, I don't have high hopes for it at all.

[quote name='Danimal']:cry:

I wasn't even aware this was coming back. Mostly because they did a "Series Finale" last spring. My wife mentioned to me last night that the DVR was recording it, so I'll check it out, but with so many major characters either gone or going, I don't have high hopes for it at all.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I would have much preferred that they ended the show with the finale from last season, which was excellent and would have been a great note for the show to go out on.

I liked both shows, but you have to look at it as a spin off. Suspend reality that everyone left the hospital and got teaching jobs at the same university, if you can do that then, it's pretty good.

I agree that it started out slow, but there were some laughs. I've been a Scrubs fan since day 1, so it's kind of bittersweet for me. That said, the new people don't excite me too much, so we'll see what it's like after Braff is gone. Can Turk and Cox carry it? We'll see.

bread's done
Back