Scurge Hive [DS] - $6.93

Wanted to like it. Failed. The isometric platforming annoyed. The combat annoyed further. The dull levels annoyed even more. It could be a lot worse for the price though. May as well give it a shot. There's enough there to make it worth that much. You guys no doubt spend more on indie fads.

Wow, that brings back memories. Most of you nay not have heard of it because it's so old. to give you an idea: they released it for both GBA and DS.

5 minutes was all I could take of the game after realizing the entire thing is timed due to the infection levels constantly rising.

I was interested until I read this from a review:c"Not to mention that there is a time limit tied into Jenosa's health, which you must constantly find medical stations to refill"

Is it as bad as the reviewer makes it sound?

[quote name='Kerig']Most of you nay not have heard of it because it's so old.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of old, I believe that I paid around $3 new for the DS port years ago at Circuit City.

Sadly enough, it's still sitting in my backlog waiting to be played (along with most of the DS titles I've picked up). The PSP got a lot more handheld love from me this generation.

really funny
18.games.jpg

[quote name='NEgami']Here's a video review of it (if you are on the edge):[/QUOTE]
That guy needs to never review another game ever. I lasted 53 seconds...I think I deserve a medal. Also, I now officially will never buy this game because of him.

I remember this game. I had it on the GBA and made it all the way to the final boss. I don't think I finished this one. Any reason to get this version if I already have the GBA version?

Yes, it's timed, but the time limit NEVER gets in the way. It resets every time you hit a save point, and come on, you'll be saving all the time.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I remember this game. I had it on the GBA and made it all the way to the final boss. I don't think I finished this one. Any reason to get this version if I already have the GBA version?[/QUOTE]

Having one screen dedicated to the map is REALLY nice.

I despise this game, I'm a huge metroid fan, so I decided to give this a chance. This game is incredibly frustrating, there's the whole infection thing that gets annoying and hampers on your exploration, also you can't beat the final boss unless your at a certain level or higher, so you have to do a lot of grinding, and for the final form of the boss it turns into one of those one hit kill deals. The only reason I beat this game was because I invested so much time into it that " I didn't want the game to beat me." This game has a few fun momements, but it's not worth it. I'd recommend that people stay away from it. If you're starved for a new Metroid go play Castelvania, Outland, Cave Story, Monster Tale, Muramasa etc.

EDIT: I didn't mean to rain on your parade or anything, I just really disliked this game and felt the need to share my experience. Thanks for posting this deal though, I know this game does have a small following so some might enjoy it.

[quote name='KornKid91']If you're starved for a new Metroid go play Castelvania, Outland, Cave Story, Monster Tale, Muramasa etc.[/QUOTE]

I would remove Outland and Murumasa from that list (not Metroid-esque enough, Outland is more Prince Of Persia for one), and replace them with Shadow Complex and Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet.

I was given this game for free as a review copy, and I couldn't justify what I spent on it. On the plus side, I was able to sell it for about $6.

[quote name='KornKid91']I despise this game, I'm a huge metroid fan, so I decided to give this a chance. This game is incredibly frustrating, there's the whole infection thing that gets annoying and hampers on your exploration, also you can't beat the final boss unless your at a certain level or higher, so you have to do a lot of grinding, and for the final form of the boss it turns into one of those one hit kill deals. The only reason I beat this game was because I invested so much time into it that " I didn't want the game to beat me." This game has a few fun momements, but it's not worth it. I'd recommend that people stay away from it. If you're starved for a new Metroid go play Castelvania, Outland, Cave Story, Monster Tale, Muramasa etc.

EDIT: I didn't mean to rain on your parade or anything, I just really disliked this game and felt the need to share my experience. Thanks for posting this deal though, I know this game does have a small following so some might enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

I adore formerlyknownasMetroid style games...but it was stuff like this that made me skip this.

I'm STILL curious...$8.50? Still curious...

Thankfully I do have Symphony of the Night, and though I haven't played them yet, I have Monster Tale and Muramasa.

I've also heard that WayForward's upcoming DS Aliens games is a formerlyknownasMetroid style game! Must-buy for me...really excited to give that a try (hope they don't make it too hard, as too many of WayForward's games are...)

bread's done
Back