SDM-Thursday (28) Best Nintendo points event/ game sale

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
On Thursday the 28th, you get all this when you spend $50+
*Bring a parent over 50 to qualify for the 20% off :)

3 sets of nintendo points ($60 retail)
-20%
+10,000 BONUS SDM points
AND a $10 SDM Gift Card

YOU PAY:
$48 and get 3 point cards, 10,000 points (50,000 points is $85 so 1/5 of that) and $10 gift card.

SUPER HOT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
$50 Nintendo game
-20%
+10,000 points (worth about $17)
AND a $10 SDM gift card

YOU PAY:
$40 and get 1 NEW RELEASE, 10,000 points (50,000 points is $85 so 1/5 of that) and $10 gift card.

Pay $40 for $50 dollar game and you get $10 OFF + $17 back +$10 Gift card....
think of it as paying $13 for a $50 game with all the BONUSES YOURE GETTING

Fine print:

While quantities last. We reserve the right to limit quantities. *Our Regular Price. †Discounts apply to our regular prices on all merchandise purchased by seniors and their accompanying family members with a valid Shoppers Optimum Card® . Excludes sale items, prescriptions, insulin, products with codeine, tobacco products (where applicable), prestige cosmetics and fragrances, newspapers, stamps, passport photos, lottery tickets, event tickets, Life Experiences® , transit tickets and passes, electronic gift cards, prepaid phone cards and milk in Atlantic provinces. Discounts may not exceed $50. See cashier for details.® 911979 Alberta Ltd. ††While quantities last. Offer valid on the purchase total of eligible products after discounts and redemptions and before taxes. Excludes prescription purchases, products with codeine, tobacco products (where applicable), prestige cosmetics and fragrances, stamps, passport photos, lottery tickets, event tickets, transit tickets and passes, electronic gift cards, prepaid phone cards and Shoppers Home Health Care locations. One Healthier You Gift Card per transaction per customer. Offer valid Thursday, October 28, 2010 only. Healthier You Gift Card will be accepted until November 18, 2010. See cashier for details.® 911979 Alberta Ltd.

Doesn't a Nintendo Points cards count as an electronic gift card?

You can spend up to $400 on games and still receive a 20% discount IIRC.

[quote name='5harc']Fine print:

Doesn't a Nintendo Points cards count as an electronic gift card?

You can spend up to $400 on games and still receive a 20% discount IIRC.[/QUOTE]
Nintendo points cards don't need to be activated at the cashier for them to work, which I'm sure what the fine print is referring to. NP cards are the same as any accessory, which is why it's found locked away/behind glass/etc and not at the gift card rack (which do need to be activated at the cashier).

[quote name='poiuiu']Nintendo points cards don't need to be activated at the cashier for them to work, which I'm sure what the fine print is referring to. NP cards are the same as any accessory, which is why it's found locked away/behind glass/etc and not at the gift card rack (which do need to be activated at the cashier).[/QUOTE]

Just as clarification then, are PSN cards activated at the cashier? I've never noticed them doing so, and they aren't locked away. They definitely count as gift cards from past experience.

and I'm pretty sure taxes are applied before the discount so in Quebec, it would be $50*1.12875 before applying any discount.. that's if Kirby isn't $60

that what happened last sale with the $10 laptop... I had to pay taxes on the full price tag

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Just as clarification then, are PSN cards activated at the cashier? I've never noticed them doing so, and they aren't locked away. They definitely count as gift cards from past experience.[/QUOTE]
Yes. All PSN cards are like iTunes gift cards and have to be activated at the cashier. And I've noticed that for a little bit now, Live point cards have also taken this format (in addition to having regular points cards, probably to reduce theft if only by a bit).

And gift cards aren't locked behind anything and are usually found hovering around checkout isles, ie the perfect place to put impulse buy items.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Would Mario Galaxy 2 qualify for this deal? That's the only Nintendo game I'm interested in.[/QUOTE]

Ya

Any game Sony or nintendo...

Move bundle/new playstation games....

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Valid in Quebec Pharmaprix?[/QUOTE]

Not the 20% off if the OP is referring to the senior discount. Quebec doesn't take part in that promo.

Okay okay okay. So say I buy Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M, and Kirby's Epic Yarn. What exactly am I getting in bonuses? I dunno why, but that OP confuses me...

[quote name='VetraX']Okay okay okay. So say I buy Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M, and Kirby's Epic Yarn. What exactly am I getting in bonuses? I dunno why, but that OP confuses me...[/QUOTE]If they're all $50 and you bring someone over 50 you'll pay $40 for each game plus taxes. You'll get 3x$10 gift cards and 30,000 SDM points. I guess if you're buying more than one game it's better to buy them separately so that you can use the gift card from one purchase on the next purchase.

Speaking of confusing first posts, is this only for full priced first party games or can this work if you buy 2 DS games? Layton 3 and Pokeymans 3 would be nice to have.

Edit: Also, is there a % off discount for not having an elderly with you?

Last edited by a moderator:
It applies to the total $ of your purchase, and not the specific item

> YOU HAVE TO bring an elder to get the 20% discount and the Gift card.

[quote name='gamer602']
> YOU HAVE TO bring an elder to get the 20% discount and the Gift card.[/QUOTE]
If only I was several decades older. :p

[quote name='PuppetYuber']oh what, you need elder for both 20% discount AND the gift card? lol =([/QUOTE]

[quote name='poiuiu']If only I was several decades older. :p[/QUOTE]

To SDM, 55 and better counts and qualifies.

Bring your parents???

It might have been helpful to first list the promotions in the OP, then list some examples, like this:

Promos:
1) Thursday Oct 28, 20% all regular priced items for those 55+ PLUS get a $10 gift card when you spend $50+
2) Monday Oct 25-Friday Oct 29 10,000 bonus points when you spend $50+

Combine these two and you get any game (or combination of games) over $50 for 20% off + $10 gift card + $17 worth of points

Hey Mom/Dad, would you mind coming with me to Shoppers so I can save money on a video game?

*smack!*

Anywho, great deal if you're parents don't mind going to SDM with you, or your parents are going their anyways. Good to see you're still kicking, gamer!

[quote name='Mr.']How does Shopper's Optimum points work? Do you redeem them as store credit?[/QUOTE]

You collect them but they can only be redeemed in certain increments.
They can be used in store for anything but prescriptions and giftcards.
If you return something bought using points, they give you the points back, not the cash.

I've been holding off on Galaxy 2 for a long time now and my mom loves collecting SDM points so this is a win win for the two of us.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Hey Mom/Dad, would you mind coming with me to Shoppers so I can save money on a video game?

*smack!*

Anywho, great deal if you're parents don't mind going to SDM with you, or your parents are going their anyways. Good to see you're still kicking, gamer![/QUOTE]

aww thanks
you make me warm and fuzzy :)

bread's done
Back