Searching for Auction Advice - Lowball or Ebay?

jughead

CAGiversary!
Feedback
201 (99%)
Hello CAG,

It is with bittersweet feelings that I write to you regarding my coveted video game collection.  I believe the time has come for me to let go of some of these relics due to the fact that my wife and I are about to have our first child.  Not only do we need the space provided by selling these games, we need the money to start caring for our child without the burden of credit card bills, distractions such as enlarging this collection, and so on and so forth.  

I also feel like everything is going the way of digital and I will always have the ability to access these games going forward (hopefullly via Steam) to satiate my nostalgia  (hopefully FF7 on steam kicks off playstation RPG revolution)..  While I enjoyed collecting these and would love to continue doing it, I just don’t see it being in the cards.  For the record, I am keeping all of my PS2 games (some hundreds), my original xbox games, almost all of my Wii games, and all of my PS3 and 360 games.

So why am I really writing?  I am hoping that you will offer suggestions as for what is the best solution for Distributing/Selling these games.  Perhaps listing the Pros and Cons from your experience (hopefully from someone else who also did a large sell-off).  CAG is still a place for savvy gamers so I wanted to get your opinions on some of these ideas before I proceeded.  As for selling these items, I am entertaining the following methods:

Ebay: Good - Possibly the highest gross value per individual item, can list items for set prices, no haggling, I can list in bundles or individually.  I have good feedback and seller history. Bad -  Ebay fees (10%), Lots of individual shipping, buyers not paying on time, not as easy to coordinate as other methods (bundling, CAG Lowball, etc.)

CAG: Good - Lowball would allow coordinated shipping, possible bundling, no Ebay fees, and… giving back to the community.  Bad -  Lowballing- definitely will get less gross value at CAG.   A tradelist would be slow but could haggle for higher sale prices.  Possibly, more picky buyers as some of these are slightly rare or collector’s items.  

Others: Half.com, Amazon.com, etc.  (all would be sold individually)

So on to the games…  Almost all of these are in mint condition if my memory serves me well.  All of them are black label unless noted (I believe only the one GBA game isn't).   The initial things I remember about the items are mentioned below.  I will, of course, review each item before I list them anywhere.   As far as bundling goes, I wonder if I should do huge giant lots (for example, the gamecube with all of the games, GBA Player, Wavebirds and Gameboy Advance games).  Contrary to that, would maximizing the rarity/value of certain games be magnified if I paired them together (Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance) (Resident Evil 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, CV) (Zelda Gamecube Games) (Final Fantasy GBA Lot)?

PSX

Alundra

Bushido Blade PS1

Chrono Cross PS1

Dragon Warrior VII (No Manual) PS1

Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring (Cracked Case)S1

Final Fantasy Anthology PS1

Final Fantasy Chronicles PS1

Final Fantasy IX PS1

Final Fantasy Origins PS1

Final Fantasy Tactics PS1

Final Fantasy VIII PS1

Front Mission 3 PS1

Gran Turismo PS1

Grand Theft Auto Collectors Edition PSOne PS1

Grandia PS1

Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete (Includes everything excluding the Luna Pendant) PS1

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete (4 Disc Jewel Case with Art/Manual only)

Metal Gear Solid VR Missions PS1

SaGa Frontier 2 PS1

Saiyuki: Journey West PS1

Star Ocean: The Second Story PS1

The Legend of Dragoon (Cracked Case)

Vagrant Story

Wild Arms PS1

Wild Arms 2 PS1

Xenogears

GCN

Working Camecube console with 2 first party controllers and two fully working Wavebirds.  Also includes a GBA Player.  

Baten Kaitos Origins GC

Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean GC

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem GC

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

Ikaruga GC

Luigi's Mansion

Mega Man Anniversary Collection (replacement cover art?  Can’t remember?)

Mega Man X Collection GC

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes GC

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

Resident Evil (No Manual)C

Resident Evil 0 GC

Resident Evil 2 GC

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis GC

Resident Evil 4 GC

Resident Evil: Code Veronica X GC

Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader GC

Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike GC

Starfox Adventures GC

Super Mario Sunshine GC

The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition GC

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time / Master Quest GC

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

GBA

Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls GBA

Final Fantasy IV Advance GBA

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance GBA

Final Fantasy V Advance GBA

Final Fantasy VI Advance GBA

Riviera: The Promised Land (I think the box is a little crushed)GBA

Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World (Player’s Choice) GBA

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Box is pretty worn)

Wii

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be worth pricing it out with eStarland. They give extra money sometimes for really nice collections.

I've never done a lowball but I've had trouble with trade lists here. Everyone wants top dollar but wants to pay pennies.

There is one game I'm highly interested in to complete my gamecube collection...Do you care to sell it individually to me? :p

It's so hard to find it at a reasonable price for the Gamecube version for reasons that still elude me.

bread's done
Back