Searching is a huge pain with the current limitations

Aganar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I use this site alot for trying to search for potential deals or sellers getting rid of a game I want, but the inability to search for a game with an Arabic or Roman numeral in isolation makes the process alot more of a hassle than it needs to be. I understand why there is a minimum character limit for search terms, but consider the following scenario, which happens to me all too often:

1. I want to see if anyone is selling Final Fantasy IV (DS) for cheap.
2. I type in "Final Fantasy IV" into the search bar, but am informed that I'm not allowed to use IV or 4 as search terms, and thus it only searches for "Final Fantasy"
3. I get a ridiculous amount of search results concerning Final Fantasy's from every corner of the earth.
4. I attempt to get around this by typing "Final Fantasy DS", yet this only results in my getting trade lists in which the seller is selling a Final Fantasy somewhere, as well as DS games. Further, even if I'm lucky, it still means I might wind up with results for Final Fantasy III for the DS.

To get around this, the sellers would have to list the item as 'Final Fantasy Four", which no one does. I don't understand why the search engine couldn't be modified to allow me to search for the term "Final Fantasy IV", assuming that I include the quotes (meaning that it will search for that exact phrase, rather than searching for anything with "final", "fantasy", or "IV" in the title. If this were to be allowed, the process would be exponentially easier for me, as I only have to worry about separating FFIV DS from the GBA version, or possibly Chronicles on the PS1.

Is there some reason why this can't be implemented?

Different but still search related .

I wish I knew how long 'search new posts' was valid for.
I like to go through each page and check out some threads .
It seems like I don't get enough time .

bread's done
Back