Sears - $4.99 Gun & True Crime: NYC

deathscythe

CAGiversary!
Not exactly knock your socks off great, but Sears has Gun and True Crime: New York City on sale $4.99 for both PS2 and X-Box versions. I also found Timesplitters: Future Perfect for $9.99. Hope this helps someone.

Please understand you must use the wonderful "search" function before posting topics, then you would have found the nice Sears clearance thread that needs to be re-done for the Holidays.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Please understand you must use the wonderful "search" function before posting topics, then you would have found the nice Sears clearance thread that needs to be re-done for the Holidays.[/quote]

So why not consider this "Redoing" the thread instead of just complaing..

I for one wouldn't mind a $5 buck gun so I might bite on it since I almost did when I saw it for 10 at Wal-mart

On the fence about True Crime? If so, check out my review here. Granted, it's based off the Xbox version, but hopefully the PS2 version will be somewhat as good...

[quote name='Rozz']On the fence about True Crime? If so, check out my review here. Granted, it's based off the Xbox version, but hopefully the PS2 version will be somewhat as good...[/QUOTE]

9/10? Are you sure you were playing True Crime: NYC? I bought the game on clearance for $4.98 and that was still 4.97 too much.

Avoid this game like you'd avoid women with herpes scars.

Gun for $5 is a good price.

[quote name='whiptcracker']9/10? Are you sure you were playing True Crime: NYC? I bought the game on clearance for $4.98 and that was still 4.97 too much.

Gun for $5 is a good price.[/QUOTE]

At least they put out.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Please understand you must use the wonderful "search" function before posting topics, then you would have found the nice Sears clearance thread that needs to be re-done for the Holidays.[/quote]
Actually, I did use the search function to make sure I was not repeating any posts, but all I saw was the clearance thread, and the games are on sale, not clearanced. They were advertised in a flyer I got yesterday in the mail, and I went today to verify. The store I went to in Arlington, TX was already sold out, but the lady working did confirm that they were on sale.

[quote name='whiptcracker']9/10? Are you sure you were playing True Crime: NYC? I bought the game on clearance for $4.98 and that was still 4.97 too much.

Gun for $5 is a good price.[/quote]

Bah, your opinion does not matter ;)

i picked up NYC LE for xbox on ebay from this dude selling them as BINs for $1.99 plus $5 shipping. i was quite surprised when it showed up in good condition.

[quote name='Rozz']On the fence about True Crime? If so, check out my review here. Granted, it's based off the Xbox version, but hopefully the PS2 version will be somewhat as good...[/quote]

true crime ny was a pretty tight game. i didnt like the driving as much as i did with gta san andreas but the fighting and action were fun so was chasing down perps on the mean streets of NY lol. and the music was amazing. if you dig rap and hiphop just buying the game at that price for the music is a must do if you like quality tunes. this series if they fix some of the bugs and add more features coudl end up giving gta a run for its money in the future.

gun is a fun game too definelty one of the few decent wild west games. if the people who made gun ever teamed up with the people who made red dead revolver you might finally see one hell of a wild west game.

[quote name='lokizz']true crime ny was a pretty tight game. i didnt like the driving as much as i did with gta san andreas but the fighting and action were fun so was chasing down perps on the mean streets of NY lol. and the music was amazing. if you dig rap and hiphop just buying the game at that price for the music is a must do if you like quality tunes. this series if they fix some of the bugs and add more features coudl end up giving gta a run for its money in the future.

gun is a fun game too definelty one of the few decent wild west games. if the people who made gun ever teamed up with the people who made red dead revolver you might finally see one hell of a wild west game.[/QUOTE]

one of the few decent? i can only think of about three wild west games, gun, red dead, and samurai western, and then there's Rising Zan for PS1 which might be wild west, idk, haven't played it yet. and i guess Darkwatch would qualify as well.

I picked up Gun (Xbox) last night, and they had to override it, because it rang up $29.99 (the shelf price). I wanted to get TC:NYC, but they only had the PS2 version. I should have kept the flyer to try to PM elsewhere.

Thanks Op i picked up a few goodies at the sears in livingston mall
I got
Gun no more left there, sorry
Feel Magic for 9.99
Final Fantasy Crystial Chronicles $5
Geist $5

Big thanks to you :)

I would suggest if you are gonig to Sears To pick these up check out the clearance thread on here first, you may be suprised

[quote name='pimp tyranny']one of the few decent? i can only think of about three wild west games, gun, red dead, and samurai western, and then there's Rising Zan for PS1 which might be wild west, idk, haven't played it yet. and i guess Darkwatch would qualify as well.[/quote]

i meant that as t say theres only been so many wild west games to my knowledge i guess i didnt word it properly. of the ones you mentioned i played all of them except for darkwatch. rizing zan was eh ok i guess for renting i wouldnt pay for it to own it and dont forget the nes classic gunsmoke.

im still holding out hope that the good the bad and the ugly will get turned into a game.

heh never was a fan of westerns, until i saw Once Upon a Time in the West, not only the best western i've ever seen, one of my favorite movies ever. and i've got the good, the bad and the ugly trilogy in my queue on netflix, so hopefully sergio leone (and ennio moricone) can surprise me again. as a matter of fact, both TG TB TU and once upon a time in america should come in tomorrow.

[quote name='lokizz']i meant that as t say theres only been so many wild west games to my knowledge i guess i didnt word it properly. of the ones you mentioned i played all of them except for darkwatch. rizing zan was eh ok i guess for renting i wouldnt pay for it to own it and dont forget the nes classic gunsmoke.

im still holding out hope that the good the bad and the ugly will get turned into a game.[/QUOTE]

If you're willing to go back a few gaming generations, Outlaws by Lucas Arts on the PC was a pretty good FPS for the time.

Do they have ads in the store? they didn't have Gun or True Crime at my Sears.

Also I saw Gunstar Super Heroes for $9.99 which is a great price for a great game.

I'd recommend True Crime NYC if anyone is on the fence about it. I honestly can't understand why it got such poor reviews. There may be a few glitches and the framerate may drop a little, but none of those problems are a big deal at all. Not game breaking at all.

If I had to give it a score it would be an 8-9.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']So why not consider this "Redoing" the thread instead of just complaing..

I for one wouldn't mind a $5 buck gun so I might bite on it since I almost did when I saw it for 10 at Wal-mart[/quote]

Please understand, I made the original thread, why don't you contribute something to this site for once, instead of being as charming as a used douchebag.

bread's done
Back