Sears ad and mistake (YMMV)

Bobweiser

CAGiversary!
Sears has a sale Saturday only with XBox games listed as 2 for $30 or $19.99 each. In it they list Mech Assault 2, Burnout 3 Takedown, Halo, Call of Duty: Finest Hour, Def Jam Fight for NY, Fable, Star Wars Battlefront, and Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow.
The mistake is that they clearly show the package for Star Wars Battlefront II. They list a number next to it and I believe that's the number for the first Battlefront, but thought I'd bring it up in case anyone wants to give it a shot. I believe it was this time last year that they made the now infamous Ace Combat 5 for $4.99 mistake, so it might be worth a shot, but this is extremely YMMV. Don't say I didn't warn you.

awesome. any idea where to get the ad? I'm on their mailing list but I'm not sure if I've gotten anything from them this week.

Yeah, I figured price matching would be mentioned, but I didn't want to be the one to plant the idea. I'm a little bummed it's only for Xbox, since I have a PS2 and had to settle with just renting Battlefront II. As far as where to get the ad, we get a local Sun newspaper every Thursday and they usually have the Sears ad in it before it hits the city paper on Friday or Saturday. Good luck to those on this one.

I doubt these were dropped on purpose. I know this game is still selling well and is a pretty hot title. Just like Madden games these will always sell well.

[quote name='badboysean']hmmm, good luck on the PM[/QUOTE]
Worked for a $5 Ace Combat 5 when that was still new. I don't see what this wouldn't.

Here we go again! Good luck to those who attempt to get this PMed. I suggest typically retarded places, such as Wal-Mart, it's where I got the AC5 PMed.

[quote name='Logain8955']Here we go again! Good luck to those who attempt to get this PMed. I suggest typically retarded places, such as Wal-Mart, it's where I got the AC5 PMed.[/QUOTE]

Ive never had a problem with a price match at CC or Best buy ecspecially with a legit store ad, now if i only knew where to find this ad.

[quote name='bil4ltool']I had a hell of a time trying to PM AC5 last year, two Wal Mart's refused and CC said they knew about the mess up.[/QUOTE]

I PM it at 2 TRU last yr with no problem when they were still PM of course no longer now..

[quote name='Bobweiser']Yeah, I figured price matching would be mentioned, but I didn't want to be the one to plant the idea. I'm a little bummed it's only for Xbox, since I have a PS2 and had to settle with just renting Battlefront II. As far as where to get the ad, we get a local Sun newspaper every Thursday and they usually have the Sears ad in it before it hits the city paper on Friday or Saturday. Good luck to those on this one.[/QUOTE]

Why are you bummed? Next week's K-Mart Friday/Saturday after T-Day sale has the same goof-up but has BFII for PS2. K-Mart is now owned by Sears, so this partially is a blunder by one store. See the thread for this in the forums.

Btw, can the original poster of this thread clarify what day this is for? Is the ad for this Saturday the 19th or next week? Thanks.

And people keep talking about price matching, but why not just go to Sears to get the deal?

Edited to ask: Is it that Sears doesn't honor this sort of mistake.

[quote name='ma']And people keep talking about price matching, but why not just go to Sears to get the deal?

Edited to ask: Is it that Sears doesn't honor this sort of mistake.[/QUOTE]

That is correct, ma. Most of the time when Sears catches on to print mistakes they post signs stating said mistake and don't honor it in their store thus the reason why everyone states how they will PM at another store.

[quote name='Santurio']I don't think it has been answered so I'll ask again:
Where can I get the ad??[/QUOTE]

The ad was in today's local newspaper as a color supplement. I'm here at work, so I can't scan it. I think that since the ad clearly states that is Battlefront #97275, it will be very difficult to get this PMed for Battlefront II either at Sears or anywhere else. It may be worth stopping by, but I wouldn't hold your breath. It says according to the front page of the ad that this is for their big doorbusters sale from 7am-noon.

[quote name='spideymike']The ad was in today's local newspaper as a color supplement. I'm here at work, so I can't scan it. I think that since the ad clearly states that is Battlefront #97275, it will be very difficult to get this PMed for Battlefront II either at Sears or anywhere else. It may be worth stopping by, but I wouldn't hold your breath. It says according to the front page of the ad that this is for their big doorbusters sale from 7am-noon.[/QUOTE]

Front page are doorbusters...rest of the ad is for all day Saturday.

[quote name='spideymike']The ad was in today's local newspaper as a color supplement. I'm here at work, so I can't scan it. I think that since the ad clearly states that is Battlefront #97275, it will be very difficult to get this PMed for Battlefront II either at Sears or anywhere else. It may be worth stopping by, but I wouldn't hold your breath. It says according to the front page of the ad that this is for their big doorbusters sale from 7am-noon.[/QUOTE]

Today is a good day to buy the paper.

I'm willing to toss out 50 cents if there is a possibility of grabbing 2 SW: BF2 for $30.

Sell one on Ebay for $35.

Profit of $5 AND a brand new SW: BFII.

What's not to love?

Next week: lather, rinse, repeat with a different ad.

I'm not really sure where Sears is getting the number "#97275" from the ad. Anyone know? It's not the Sears item number. This is what I found on the www.sears.com site:

Lucas Arts Star Wars Battlefront (Xbox)
Sears item #05897275000 Mfr. model #128087

Lucas Arts Star Wars: Battlefront II (Xbox)
Sears item #05897524000 Mfr. model #32875

[quote name='spideymike']Why are you bummed? Next week's K-Mart Friday/Saturday after T-Day sale has the same goof-up but has BFII for PS2. K-Mart is now owned by Sears, so this partially is a blunder by one store. See the thread for this in the forums.[/QUOTE]

I'm bummed because I know my chances are slim and none of actually being able to pull of this PM. It's a Black Friday sale and it looks to be an obvious mistake. I'm sure some people will pull it off, but it's not like it's a sure thing, by any means. Hopefully it'll happen.

Also, for those that asked earlier, this sale is for this Saturday, November 19th. Stores open at 7 am. And with the Ace Combat 5 mistake, I know everyone had a tough time PMing this, but I actually got it by walking into Sears when they opened and bought it from the store. I know that's an outdated concept, but in this instance it actually worked! Good luck to all trying to PM it. That's why I mentioned this in the first place.

Edited to mention that most (if not all) of my responses to your questions have already been answered already. Sorry for the delay. By the time I answered I missed that there was already a second page to this thread and most of the questions/problems already dealt with. That's what happens when you have two little ones running around while you try to asnwer posts! In any case, hope this helps someone out. That's what my intent was in the first place.

[quote name='spideymike']I'm not really sure where Sears is getting the number "#97275" from the ad. Anyone know? It's not the Sears item number. This is what I found on the www.sears.com site:

Lucas Arts Star Wars Battlefront (Xbox)
Sears item #05897275000 Mfr. model #128087

Lucas Arts Star Wars: Battlefront II (Xbox)
Sears item #05897524000 Mfr. model #32875[/QUOTE]

The 97275 is in the middle of the Battlefront item #. 058(97275)000
This is where the potential problem lies. Has to be wrong pick which safely rules out Sears, but might be able to pass off at others stores as a PM. Good luck for those that try.

[quote name='Bobweiser']I'm bummed because I know my chances are slim and none of actually being able to pull of this PM. It's a Black Friday sale and it looks to be an obvious mistake. I'm sure some people will pull it off, but it's not like it's a sure thing, by any means. Hopefully it'll happen. [/QUOTE]

Well, the K-Mart ad is for Friday and Saturday next week, so maybe you'll luck out with the PS2 version. Most stores, from what people have said, will not PM BF ads, but maybe you'll luck out.

[quote name='Bobweiser']The 97275 is in the middle of the Battlefront item #. 058(97275)000
This is where the potential problem lies. Has to be wrong pick which safely rules out Sears, but might be able to pass off at others stores as a PM. Good luck for those that try.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'm only running on 4 hours of sleep so I'm a little out of it. :drool:

[quote name='ma']And people keep talking about price matching, but why not just go to Sears to get the deal?

Edited to ask: Is it that Sears doesn't honor this sort of mistake.[/QUOTE]

Good luck finding a Sears that has it. Most of them (that I know of anyways) don't even carry video games in-store anymore. Mine has several old titles that have been sitting in "clearance($15'ish)" for over a year, that's it.

The sales for a Saturday??? Can someone who's seen the ad explain to me if there's acctually a reson for this since I've never heard of a sale start on Saturday when theirs always end Saturday. o_O

Also not sure why a BB or CC cashier wouldn't match this if you're one of the first people to take advantage of it before their manager can tell 'em not to do it anymore. No offense to 'em but they're rarely that vested in their job that they scrutinize the ad that carefully to make 100% sure it's the exact same product. Half the time if it's busy too I'll let 'em keep the ad so they can do the write up on the match later and then they pay even less attention to it.

[quote name='amusedtoe']The sales for a Saturday??? Can someone who's seen the ad explain to me if there's acctually a reson for this since I've never heard of a sale start on Saturday when theirs always end Saturday. o_O

Also not sure why a BB or CC cashier wouldn't match this if you're one of the first people to take advantage of it before their manager can tell 'em not to do it anymore. No offense to 'em but they're rarely that vested in their job that they scrutinize the ad that carefully to make 100% sure it's the exact same product. Half the time if it's busy too I'll let 'em keep the ad so they can do the write up on the match later and then they pay even less attention to it.[/QUOTE]
yes sales do start saturday.
BB or CC might call to make sure Sears has the game in stock.

Well I've never heard of a sale strting on a Saturday at a store who runs their ads Sunday-Saturday unless it's a one day deal they put in their weekly flyer. I've also never had CC or BB doubt any price I've tried to match with a hard copy ad so I don't know.

[quote name='amusedtoe']Well I've never heard of a sale strting on a Saturday at a store who runs their ads Sunday-Saturday unless it's a one day deal they put in their weekly flyer. I've also never had CC or BB doubt any price I've tried to match with a hard copy ad so I don't know.[/QUOTE]

It's a one day sale...starts Saturday and ends Saturday. Ad wasn't part of the weekly ads that come out on Sunday, but came out during mid-week (was in my paper today (Friday)). Same type of ad came out last year with the AC5 misprint.

[quote name='bmarquardt']It's a one day sale...starts Saturday and ends Saturday. Ad wasn't part of the weekly ads that come out on Sunday, but came out during mid-week (was in my paper today (Friday)). Same type of ad came out last year with the AC5 misprint.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, Sears is notorious for these types of sales. One, two or three day sales run all the time.

Alright, I misunderstood thinking it was the new weekly ad. Think they'll have the flyer or whatever it is in stores today or tommarow since I don't feel like getting a paper just for it.

[quote name='amusedtoe']Alright, I misunderstood thinking it was the new weekly ad. Think they'll have the flyer or whatever it is in stores today or tommarow since I don't feel like getting a paper just for it.[/QUOTE]
at the last sale they dont have any ads, so pay .50 just to be save.

bread's done
Back