SEARS BLACK FRIDAY 2008 deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcurifisher

CAGiversary!
Didn't see anything that jumped out at me but it dose list the new limited edition DS's as being Mario bundles.
Video Games

Buy Any XBox 360 System And Get A Free XBox 360 Wireless Controller - $0.00
Guitar Hero On Tour Decades Bundle For Nintendo DS - $49.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Guitar Bundle For PS2 - $89.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Guitar Bundle For XBox 360, PS3, or Wii - $99.99
Gutar Hero III For Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii - $54.99 *
Nintendo DS - $129.99
Nintendo DS Car Adapter - $9.99
Nintendo DS Figure Skater - $9.99
Nintendo DS Folio - $9.99
Nintendo DS Kirby Super Star - $29.99
Nintendo DS Mario Party - $29.99
Nintendo DS Master Chef - $9.99
Nintendo DS New Super Mario - $34.99
Nintendo DS Pen Stylus w/Protector - $9.99
Nintendo DS Petz Hamsterz 2 - $9.99
Nintendo DS Pokemon Ranger - $29.99
Nintendo DS System Glove - $9.99
Nintendo DS Traveler NDS 125 Bag - $9.99
Nintendo DS Traveler NDS 300 Case - $9.99
Nintendo DS Traveler NDS 700 Case - $9.99
Nintendo DS Traveler NDS 801 Case - $9.99
Nintendo Wii All Star Cheer - $29.99
Nintendo Wii Animal Crossing - $49.99
Nintendo Wii Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader - $19.99
Nintendo Wii Music - $49.99
Nintendo Wii Play w/Remote - $49.99
Nintendo Wii Rayman Raving Rabbids - $49.99
Nintendo Wii SpongeBob SquarePants Globs Doom - $29.99
Playstation 3 80GB Console - $399.99
Playstation 3 Blu-Ray Remote - $24.99
Playstation 3 Component AV Cables - $19.99
Playstation 3 DualShock3 Controller - $54.99
Playstation 3 Fallout 3 - $59.99
Playstation 3 Little Big Planet - $59.99
Playstation 3 Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe - $59.99
Playstation 3 Resistance 2 - $59.99
Special Edition Mario Red or Ice Blue DS - $149.99 *
Value Video Games - 20% Off *
XBox 360 Call of Duty: World at War - $59.99
XBox 360 Fable 2 - $59.99
XBox 360 Gears of War - $59.99
XBox 360 Pro 60GB Holiday Bundle - $299.99
XBox 360 Wireless Controller - $49.99
XBox 360 Wireless Network Adapter - $99.99
XBox 360 WWE 2009 - $59.99

Black friday seems like a waste unless your into cheap crappy laptops, and TV's. Don't remember when there were good gaming deals on BF that was worth fighting the crowds for.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']My local Sears doesn't even carry games anymore. And we have TWO Gamestops in our mall. It's not a big mall. There is no need for two Gamestops. We're just absurd like that.[/QUOTE]

Ya we have two Gamestops in our mall as well, and an additional one outside the mall in a Target shopping center. All within 0.1 miles of eachother. Makes it easy on B2G1 days.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']My local Sears doesn't even carry games anymore. And we have TWO Gamestops in our mall. It's not a big mall. There is no need for two Gamestops. We're just absurd like that.[/quote]

3 Gamestops in our mall, 1 on each end and one GS right when you walk outside connected to the mall, and one of course right across the street

came back in the thread just to shit on sears again.....

[quote name='lilboo']Awesome.
This just means we DON'T have to go to Sears on Black Friday.[/quote]

:applause: Indeed, crossing that off the list, even their other merch is not on sale.

Weak but really I never see good BF game deals with the exception of Best Buy and Amazon.

Last year, BB had Destroy all Humans 2 for xbox for $5 and Orange Box for PC for $25 -- both available online!

Also Amazon had a black Friday timed event where I got two six axis controllers for PS3 for $20 each.

I am hoping we get some good online deals this year as well. Screw waiting in line at 5 AM on BF, give me the online deals any day.

One more thing, with the economy in a recession you will see some huge markdowns as we get near XMAS as retailers will panic and cut prices to get any sales they can. the consumer is tapped out, credit is drying up, but for CAG's with patience, deals will be had!

Sears has the EXACT same 106pc tool set that they are advertising as a "doorbuster" special on their website today for the exact same price of $49.99. Why does Sears even have a black friday ad again?

Sears item# 00936106000 Mfr. model# 36106

Wow, free controller with console purchase? Can it get any lamer than that (for BF that is)? Weak deals, but thanks for the post OP, now i can cross out Sears from my list.

Sears has got to be the worst retailer when it comes to sale prices. Lets say the MSRP for a dishwasher is $199.99, when they have it on sale its going to be $189.99...... a whopping 5%.

TV's, mattresses, furniture,etc. they've been doing this shit for the longest time.

Yup...typical Sears sale.

I just hope Sears really stocks up on all these Black Friday games. Cause that just means they'll have a crapload left over after the holidays to put on clearance.

For how bad the economy supposedly is, these BF ads are terrible, how do they expect to lure customers in with these lame ads ?

Sears may not be able to cut it at discount prices, but at least the sales people don't treat you like you have leprosy (aka ignores the customer at all costs). There are very few retailers that actually offer any type of service to the customer while deciding on a purchase. It's like this, if I know exactly what I want, I'm going to go the store with the lowest price; if I'm on the fence about something (likely high-ticket item) I'm going to go to the stores, ask for demonstrations, literature and sales-person interpretation/opinion (the last one can be very self-serving to commission-based sales people, so take it with a grain of salt). I'm to the point in life that I would pay an extra 5-15% to be treated like a customer as opposed to some store that acts like they're doing you a favor by selling you something, then treat you like a douche the entire time the transaction is happenning - f' that.

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']Doesn't smell like a deal to me when all the good stuff is at full MSRB.[/QUOTE]

QFT

Flyer prices at FULL PRICE JONES is the opposite of a deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back