Sears.com: 80GB PS3 + MGS bundle in stock... $499

It's only available for in-store pickup. They won't ship it. If your local store doesn't have any instock then you're SOL.

I am desperate for a backwards compatible PS3 and was thinking of picking up the Guitar Hero/MGS4 bundle from Sears.com (the only entry on their web site that doesn't require in-store pickup).

Here's my dilemma: the description on the Sears web page only contains very general language about what is included in the package deal-- specifically, it says you will get an 80gb PS3 + controller + MGS4 game + GH game + Guitar.

But it doesn't specifically say that the 80 gb PS3 will be a backwards compatible one, nor does it say how many usb ports the PS3 has, etc. (i.e., no info that would spefically id it as the bc 80gb PS3).

This makes me uncomfortable because I could see them sending me out a new non-backwards compatible 80gb + MGS 4 game and I wouldn't have a basis to complain because technically they would have sent me what they described on their web site.

I am probably just being paranoid-- but that is a lot of $, especially considering I don't really have an interest in GH and I already own MGS4. I just want a BC PS3.

Can anyone confirm that they ordered the MGS4/GH bundle from Sears.com and received the BC PS3?

[quote name='Solori']I am desperate for a backwards compatible PS3 and was thinking of picking up the Guitar Hero/MGS4 bundle from Sears.com (the only entry on their web site that doesn't require in-store pickup).

Here's my dilemma: the description on the Sears web page only contains very general language about what is included in the package deal-- specifically, it says you will get an 80gb PS3 + controller + MGS4 game + GH game + Guitar.

But it doesn't specifically say that the 80 gb PS3 will be a backwards compatible one, nor does it say how many usb ports the PS3 has, etc. (i.e., no info that would spefically id it as the bc 80gb PS3).

This makes me uncomfortable because I could see them sending me out a new non-backwards compatible 80gb + MGS 4 game and I wouldn't have a basis to complain because technically they would have sent me what they described on their web site.

I am probably just being paranoid-- but that is a lot of $, especially considering I don't really have an interest in GH and I already own MGS4. I just want a BC PS3.

Can anyone confirm that they ordered the MGS4/GH bundle from Sears.com and received the BC PS3?[/quote]
Call them up and ask

bread's done
Back