Seattle Cop punches young woman, Update The Woman Apologizes

[quote name='strongpimphand']#1, jaywalking shouldn't be a crime. we have the best forensics in the world. they can tell if someone got struck by a vehicle in the walk area or not.

#2, the cop should be used to people not giving a fuck about petty shit. if they were littering, that's one thing, because littering is serious. but things like jaywalking...some laws should be stricken off the books. jaywalking is one.

#4, i can fully understand why the women were hostile in that video pre-punch. detained over jaywalking? i'd be pissed too! it's too easy to go "take the detainment and then file a complaint and...."

that's unrealistic. it takes too much pride and too much intelligence at the time. when you're caught up in "moments", you don't think clearly. happens to almost everyone of every race. i don't support what they did, but i can understand if you're quickly thinking that you're about to be arrested for jaywalking...you're going to resist obviously.

#5, which leads back to #1, jaywalking needs to be taken off the books to prevent situations like this. it's not clear those women were aware of what the previous man did in regards to it. i can walk past someoen having a convo right now and not pay attention to it and do the same shit the previous person was just talking about. the cop might have thought they were being defiant - they just wanted to cross the street
[/QUOTE]

ffffffffffffff that

when you are 15 feet away from a crosswalk/overpass, i don't think it is asking too much to ask people to utilize it instead of darting in front of traffic

also it isn't unrealistic to say "hey don't flip out if a cop stops you for something minor" because they weren't going to get arrested for jaywalking. 99% of the time, if you aren't being a complete prick, they will let you off.

[quote name='strongpimphand']#1, jaywalking shouldn't be a crime. we have the best forensics in the world. they can tell if someone got struck by a vehicle in the walk area or not.

#2, the cop should be used to people not giving a fuck about petty shit. if they were littering, that's one thing, because littering is serious. but things like jaywalking...some laws should be stricken off the books. jaywalking is one.[/QUOTE]

Jwalking should be punishable, your just thinking about it from their perspective. Your not thinking that if it wasnt against the law people would be walking allover the fucking streets because they (much like that girl for instance) simply dont give a shit. They would have cars slamming on their breaks, rear ending eachother, causing accidents, stopping traffic and causing problems because chances are that loud mouthed bitch would step infront of some other loud mouthed bitch and a fight would break out. Because bitch walking would be throwing her hands up yelling at bitch in the car, bitch in the car would be yelling at walking bitch and then we would have a big bitch slap fest fight in the middle of the street screwing up everything.

Societal laws like jaywalking are laws for a reason.

And why would forensics be a arguinging factor? Yeah we would need forensics to deal with all the elevated deaths caused from people just cutting across streets constantly anywhere they pleased. Thats just stupid "Jaywalking should be legal because when they get hit and die we can figure out easily what happened", yeah they got hit by a fucking car crossing where its not safe. Now granted Id love to see all the people step into traffic and die that are to stupid to do it safely but then you have all the poor motorists just going on about their day that has to be the one to hit them on accident. fuck the stupid ones, but not at the sacrifice of some guy picking his kids up from school.

Bottom line is people are fucking stupid, thoughtless, inconsiderate and selfish. Thats why we have laws like no jaywalking.

[quote name='Sporadic']
also it isn't unrealistic to say "hey don't flip out if a cop stops you for something minor" because they weren't going to get arrested for jaywalking. 99% of the time, if you aren't being a complete prick, they will let you off.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much that x100.

Been stopped for buying a slurpee at 7/11 at 3 a.m. in the morning before work. Got the full interrogation/pat down treatment. As well as jogging before work around the same time. HEY WAZ THAT IN YOUR POCKET? IT'S GLOWING, officer it's my ipod, KEEP YOUR HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM. As well as stopping at Bank of America to withdraw money before work (shit always happens before work...)

As annoying as it is, as aggravating as it is, as stupid as I think it is I still know mouthing off is probably not going to help. Perhaps I should try this route next time I get stopped, see how it ends up for me. See if there's a correlation between getting roughed up and being a complete dick towards an officer.

Again, these women were never going to be arrested for jaywalking; they were being stopped by the officer for a mere warning at best or a citation at worst. Instead, the women turned a minor incident into much more and were arrested for obstructing an officer and assault. They were also cited for jaywalking, which he may very well had let go if they had stopped and listened to him for a minute. Serious.

[quote name='wildcpac']Cop was holding back for several reasons. Cop was in a damned if you do and damned if you dont situation. I really do like to believe that the last thing that this cop wanted to turn this into was a black/white race issue. If this incident happened in NY, Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton would be marching with this girl and others on their way to City Hall to protest Police Brutality.

1. She was a girl.
2. She had friends with her
3. She was black and he was white.
4. There were a ton of bystanders all with camera phone videos.[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's what I mean. It's unfortunate that we're at a place with technology and society that police officers have to second guess themselves about whether they can actually do their job properly. If he would have just done what he was trained to do in that situation...which I'm sure would have been perceived as being more "brutal", the girl probably would have suffered a lot less. Slamming her into the car repeatedly and ripping her clothes really wasn't necessary, but all the idiots with cameras would have freaked out if he had handled the situation properly. Poor guy was going to look like a "savage" either way.

[quote name='lokizz']theres a big chunk of what happened missing like what did the cops stop them or because depending on that then id wonder why they were using so much force on the lady. he had no right to hit her especially like that if she was out of control use mace .

i didnt see where she actually hit him though she was resisting but then i saw and heard where he slammed her hard against the hood of the cruiser. hes probably going to lose his job especially if theres other people there who filmed the whole incident.

yeah if what you all are saying is true and he was trying to arrest her for jaywalking thats stupid.[/QUOTE]

The girl in pink is the one he punched. She tried to intervene, screamed "get off of her!", and made a two handed shove at the cop's chest. He had every right to put that bitch out if he wanted. Completely justified. The girl in the black shirt was resisting the entire video, and the officer would have been completely justified to use more force or by tasering/pepper spraying her.

I'm sure he tried to calmly tell her she was breaking the law (which jaywalking technically is), and she flipped out on him. Why am I willing to assume that? Because I'm a grown up and I understand that 99% of the time police officers are just doing their job. Anyone who makes something more out of it is pushing an agenda.

Honestly, the way the girl keeps carrying on, you'd think she was strung out on drugs or something. He couldn't reason with her at all. Not to mention, if he had "played it safe" and just used pepper spray right from the beginning, people would be freaking out about that. No offense, but you really sound like you have no clue what you're talking about. Apparently, the girls in the video are only 17...which would explain why they think they can do whatever they want. Perhaps you're not much older?

If I were him, I would have thrown a pepper spray party.

And did anybody notice the blonde girl? I think it was Amber Lamps!

The cop shouldve punched all the assholes just standing there watching!!! The guy filming the whole thing & spouting off shit . . . . wow its just like "those people" to start shit . . & then blow it outta proportion. This is why our country fails plain & simple . . . :roll: ha ha ha shouldve clubbed the bitches hahaha:applause:

Yeah, the only thing the cop did was not subdue the first girl sooner by using more force sooner in the confrontation.

The girl made an offensive gesture and was right in front of him. He wouldn't have had time to get out his mace and even if he did it's not a garauntee that he would be able to hit her in the eyes and gain control of the situation without using more force. He did the right thing by punching her. It was at that moment a two against one fight and he needed to gain control of the situation fast before it became a ten on one situation.

The other thing with mace is the crowd was closed all around the cop. He may inadvertantly hit people in the crowd or give the impression that he was not in control of the situation (escalating force) which is also more likely to draw in the crowd to help the two girls involved in the fight.

Also, how many of you have been maced? It sucks big time. I'd probably pick getting punched in the face personally. Especially his hit which was far from Tyson like.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yup, that's what I mean. It's unfortunate that we're at a place with technology and society that police officers have to second guess themselves about whether they can actually do their job properly. If he would have just done what he was trained to do in that situation...which I'm sure would have been perceived as being more "brutal", the girl probably would have suffered a lot less. Slamming her into the car repeatedly and ripping her clothes really wasn't necessary, but all the idiots with cameras would have freaked out if he had handled the situation properly. Poor guy was going to look like a "savage" either way.

The girl in pink is the one he punched. She tried to intervene, screamed "get off of her!", and made a two handed shove at the cop's chest. He had every right to put that bitch out if he wanted. Completely justified. The girl in the black shirt was resisting the entire video, and the officer would have been completely justified to use more force or by tasering/pepper spraying her.

I'm sure he tried to calmly tell her she was breaking the law (which jaywalking technically is), and she flipped out on him. Why am I willing to assume that? Because I'm a grown up and I understand that 99% of the time police officers are just doing their job. Anyone who makes something more out of it is pushing an agenda.

Honestly, the way the girl keeps carrying on, you'd think she was strung out on drugs or something. He couldn't reason with her at all. Not to mention, if he had "played it safe" and just used pepper spray right from the beginning, people would be freaking out about that. No offense, but you really sound like you have no clue what you're talking about. Apparently, the girls in the video are only 17...which would explain why they think they can do whatever they want. Perhaps you're not much older?[/QUOTE]

lol no i older than that just not as ignorant as you.long story short he was stopping people for a bs crime if he hadnt been doing that the situation wouldnt have happened. beyond that it happened so you have a cop who has options as soon as things got out of hand or started to go south he could have called or backup and asked them to wait there until his backup arrived.

he could have used mace to incapacitate everyone involved and proceeded to cuff those who resisted and "assulted" him ( and any number of actions nonviolent and otherwise can be considered assult on an officer) or he could have pulled out his gun and told the to stop moving and get on the ground and cuffed them.

the guy had options and he chose one of the worse ones to use which was to hit a woman in the face like a man. lets be real for some of you posting in favor of the cop race is part of the issue. if shed been a young white chick acting that way and the black male cop who hit her would you be so flippant about the situation or would you pissed off that a man hit a woman?

BS crime is still a crime. If you don't want cops stopping people for it elect legislators that will take it off the books. The cops job is to enforce the laws as written, not make the laws.

Ask them to wait??? LOL, you'd make a great cop. A. they aren't going to wait, B. if they did wait, he would soon be surrounded by 100 people yelling are you serious waiting for something to escalate.

You want him to use mace. If he would have used mace it would have been a bigger issue. It would be look at the white cop whip out the mace as soon as a black girl challenges him. Generally you try to handle things before mace. The girl in the black shirt, while resisting, was generally controlled by the cop the entire time even if not in handcuffs. I mean pretend the red shirt girl never jumps in. He subdues the girl in less than a minute and a half. Wouldn't that be too excessive to have maced her? The red shirted girl jumped in quickly and there was no time to mace her unless he already had it out. She pushed him and stood less than two feet from him challenging him. I'd like to see you pull a mace on someone at that point (which would take several seconds and likely spurn additional offensive attacks by the lady). Or are you going to ask her to let you mace her? And you wouldn't ever pull your gun unless you intend to use deadly force. If he would have pulled his gun in this situation, he would be fired for sure.

In my mind this isn't a race issue. I usually give the cops the benefit of the doubt. They never know what they are dealing with. There are tons of stories of a cop stopping someone for a traffic violation and getting their head blown off. If they use a little excessive force to control a situation I'd rather see that then let the situation play out. The mob around there quickly went from 5 people to 30 people. You can't tell me they were there to help the cop. This didn't look like a great situation but it could have been worse.

[quote name='lokizz']lol no i older than that just not as ignorant as you.[/QUOTE]

Wow. If I wasn't disgusted to have your screen name anywhere near my profile, this would be sig worthy.

[quote name='lokizz']long story short he was stopping people for a bs crime if he hadnt been doing that the situation wouldnt have happened. beyond that it happened so you have a cop who has options as soon as things got out of hand or started to go south he could have called or backup and asked them to wait there until his backup arrived.

he could have used mace to incapacitate everyone involved and proceeded to cuff those who resisted and "assulted" him ( and any number of actions nonviolent and otherwise can be considered assult on an officer) or he could have pulled out his gun and told the to stop moving and get on the ground and cuffed them.

the guy had options and he chose one of the worse ones to use which was to hit a woman in the face like a man. lets be real for some of you posting in favor of the cop race is part of the issue. if shed been a young white chick acting that way and the black male cop who hit her would you be so flippant about the situation or would you pissed off that a man hit a woman?[/QUOTE]

Spoken like a true dumbass. Thank you for proving everybody's point. Also, how can anybody take your opinion seriously with you butchering the English language like that? Are you related to slidecage or something? :dunce:

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Wow. If I wasn't disgusted to have your screen name anywhere near my profile, this would be sig worthy.

Spoken like a true dumbass. Thank you for proving everybody's point. Also, how can anybody take your opinion seriously with you butchering the English language like that? Are you related to slidecage or something? :dunce:[/QUOTE]

then if im speaking like a dumbass that means im speaking like a n8rockerasu right? go back to pretending you know all theres is to know about mma and leave the real discussions to the grownups.

geeze that guy is a real n8rockerasu isnt he lol. man i love those people who think spelling mistakes are some kind of sign of someone intelligence and not because a key doesnt work.just for the record if i cared about spellchcking things your posts wouldnt e worth using it on.

[quote name='lokizz']then if im speaking like a dumbass that means im speaking like a n8rockerasu right? go back to pretending you know all theres is to know about mma and leave the real discussions to the grownups.

geeze that guy is a real n8rockerasu isnt he lol. man i love those people who think spelling mistakes are some kind of sign of someone intelligence and not because a key doesnt work.just for the record if i cared about spellchcking things your posts wouldnt e worth using it on.[/QUOTE]

Your keyboard must have a lot of faulty keys.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Your keyboard must have a lot of faulty keys.[/QUOTE]

actually it does i need to get one of those aircans to clean underneath it or maybe pull them up one at a time.

Not to be mean or anything, but if you actually used your shift key and apostrophes your sentences would look 10x better.

[quote name='lokizz']then if im speaking like a dumbass that means im speaking like a n8rockerasu right? go back to pretending you know all theres is to know about mma and leave the real discussions to the grownups.

geeze that guy is a real n8rockerasu isnt he lol. man i love those people who think spelling mistakes are some kind of sign of someone intelligence and not because a key doesnt work.just for the record if i cared about spellchcking things your posts wouldnt e worth using it on.[/QUOTE]

derrrrrrrrrr :dunce:

Lokizz, race isn't the issue here. It's ignorant people who think they are above the law, and act like complete morons when put in certain situations. If the cop was black and the women was white, I would feel the same way. The only difference if the races were switched here is you would probably here most of the "witnesses" saying things like "hit that bitch", "yo white bitch wildin' out" because sadly that's the society we live in. See "Epic Beard Man" on youtube if you feel otherwise. Too often people choosing sides because of race, rather then accessing the situation and deciding who's wrong or right. I personally don't agree with hitting a woman, but look at the situation he was in.

On a side note, here's a story from a recent police shooting around my way. A black officer, killed by another black man over an unpaid Applebee's bill.
http://www.odmp.org/officer/20416-trooper-first-class-wesley-brown
I don't feel any less sad because the officer is black, this is a truely disgusting act and really makes me sick to my stomach.

[quote name='DV8']Not to be mean or anything, but if you actually used your shift key and apostrophes your sentences would look 10x better.[/QUOTE]

meh i reckon they would but its just posting on a website not an english paper or a thesis. if it makes you all feel better when i write i do use the shit key often :).

[quote name='lokizz']meh i reckon they would but its just posting on a website not an english paper or a thesis. if it makes you all feel better when i write i do use the shit key often :).[/QUOTE]

See that's what I don't get. Shouldn't it be more of a reflex than anything else? Color me confused I guess.

Oh if you guys want to end the thread here are all of the arguments.

ALL COPS ARE BAD

ALL COPS ARE GOOD

Some Cops are bad and give the rest of them a bad name.

Done. Let's go grab a beer.

[quote name='SLeeK719']Lokizz, race isn't the issue here. It's ignorant people who think they are above the law, and act like complete morons when put in certain situations. If the cop was black and the women was white, I would feel the same way. The only difference if the races were switched here is you would probably here most of the "witnesses" saying things like "hit that bitch", "yo white bitch wildin' out" because sadly that's the society we live in. See "Epic Beard Man" on youtube if you feel otherwise. Too often people choosing sides because of race, rather then accessing the situation and deciding who's wrong or right. I personally don't agree with hitting a woman, but look at the situation he was in.

On a side note, here's a story from a recent police shooting around my way. A black officer, killed by another black man over an unpaid Applebee's bill.
I don't feel any less sad because the officer is black, this is a truely disgusting act and really makes me sick to my stomach.[/QUOTE]

yeah they had the ebm post here a while ago and i was actually in favor of the white guy until the whole story came out. things look one way until all the facts are laid out. i still say the cop should have just maced them thats what its for.

[quote name='DV8']See that's what I don't get. Shouldn't it be more of a reflex than anything else? Color me confused I guess.

Oh if you guys want to end the thread here are all of the arguments.

ALL COPS ARE BAD

ALL COPS ARE GOOD

Some Cops are bad and give the rest of them a bad name.

Done. Let's go grab a beer.[/QUOTE]

id like to trade that beer for pineapple/orange smoothie with a hit or 4 of vodka. i dont think the cops a bad guy he just made a bad choice.

[quote name='lokizz']id like to trade that beer for pineapple/orange smoothie with a hit or 4 of vodka. i dont think the cops a bad guy he just made a bad choice.[/QUOTE]

But you act like people have never protested about police officers relying on tasers/pepper spray too much as a first option. This has even been heavily debated on CAG recently. Other than maybe worrying about what people would think of the measures that clearly NEEDED to be made to restrain the girl, I don't know what possible "bad choice" the cop could have made.

Your original stance was that he shouldn't have bothered to harrass them over a "bs crime"...like it was HIS fault this shit happened. The main reason myself and other people are jumping on you is because you're essentially defending a person's "right" to act like a piece of trash and disobey law enforcement. The cop did nothing wrong here, and would have been misjudged no matter what he did. Instead of focusing on the cop, why not point out what the girls could have done differently?

[quote name='SLeeK719']Lokizz, race isn't the issue here. It's ignorant people who think they are above the law, and act like complete morons when put in certain situations. If the cop was black and the women was white, I would feel the same way. The only difference if the races were switched here is you would probably here most of the "witnesses" saying things like "hit that bitch", "yo white bitch wildin' out" because sadly that's the society we live in. See "Epic Beard Man" on youtube if you feel otherwise. Too often people choosing sides because of race, rather then accessing the situation and deciding who's wrong or right. I personally don't agree with hitting a woman, but look at the situation he was in.

I don't feel any less sad because the officer is black, this is a truely disgusting act and really makes me sick to my stomach.[/QUOTE]

Wow? are you kidding me? To take someones life because they escorted you out of a restaurant over a 40 dollar Appleebees tab? To spend the rest of your life in an 8 by 10 cell to rot away and live with that murder. Wow!

Don't resist arrest. Cops can be ass hats but this chick was overacting and causing a scene trying to resist arrest. The only way to stop her was to PUNCH HER!!!

.........Okay really I bet there would of been better options, but I wouldn't be surprised if this cop was overwhelmed with a crowd around him.

[quote name='tcrash247']Laws are laws, she deserved it, lokizz is a moron. I think I got everything covered.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Don't do dumb shit.

[quote name='rabbitt']The police officer occupies a position of prestige, so it's up to him to behave according to code even when dealing with idiots (as in this case). I'm not saying the girl didn't deserve to be hit, but it would have been in the officer's better interest to use a less-divisive tactic to subdue her.[/QUOTE]

Some would say a taser is much more dangerous than a punch to the face. Hindsight is 20/20; I think he just acted in the moment.

EDIT: And, according to the article, police are trained to use punching as a tactic. Not saying it was the best for this situation, but, it sounds like it's something they are trained with (as they would be pepper spray or taser).

#2, the cop should be used to people not giving a fuck about petty shit. if they were littering, that's one thing, because littering is serious. but things like jaywalking...some laws should be stricken off the books. jaywalking is one.

#3, the women in question are clearly in the wrong. should the police officer have clocked her? in that situation, he went punch and then tried to detain. that's reasonable to me.

i've been detained by the police for curfew before in my life. the dumbest shit. i'm trying to get pussy and i end up getting detained...down the street from my house!!! we rolled past my damn house to go get fingerprinted and mugshot'd. my friend's family went ballestic (he was with me) and got the city to destroy that shit. going to try to have us in the damn system at the age of 13....lawd!

so that leads to #4

#4, i can fully understand why the women were hostile in that video pre-punch. detained over jaywalking? i'd be pissed too! it's too easy to go "take the detainment and then file a complaint and...."

that's unrealistic. it takes too much pride and too much intelligence at the time. when you're caught up in "moments", you don't think clearly. happens to almost everyone of every race. i don't support what they did, but i can understand if you're quickly thinking that you're about to be arrested for jaywalking...you're going to resist obviously.

#5, which leads back to #1, jaywalking needs to be taken off the books to prevent situations like this. it's not clear those women were aware of what the previous man did in regards to it. i can walk past someoen having a convo right now and not pay attention to it and do the same shit the previous person was just talking about. the cop might have thought they were being defiant - they just wanted to cross the street

#6, nothing should happen to the cop. period.

and

#7, quit interjecting race into everything. i promise, i always feel like youtube was created so whites can look at stuff like this and go "they're going to blame it on the white man!" and blacks can look at it like "this is another case of the white man with too much power!"

it has already happened in this thread. people just waiting until it becomes a racial spark.

i'm not dumb...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='camoor']Yes it should. Trust me, if the police are involved this isn't some sleepy main street in the middle of a small town.

I live on a city block with a ton of traffic, and every day I see at least one pair of idiots casually walk across the road talking to each other while cars brake like crazy not to hit them.

Plainly put, it's unfair to drivers. When I have to stop suddenly because a pedestrian decided to jaywalk, I put myself at a great risk of being rear-ended. Not to mention my heart goes in my mouth and I'm likely to get cussed out by the idiot to boot.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gargus']Jwalking should be punishable, your just thinking about it from their perspective. Your not thinking that if it wasnt against the law people would be walking allover the fucking streets because they (much like that girl for instance) simply dont give a shit. They would have cars slamming on their breaks, rear ending eachother, causing accidents, stopping traffic and causing problems because chances are that loud mouthed bitch would step infront of some other loud mouthed bitch and a fight would break out. Because bitch walking would be throwing her hands up yelling at bitch in the car, bitch in the car would be yelling at walking bitch and then we would have a big bitch slap fest fight in the middle of the street screwing up everything.

Societal laws like jaywalking are laws for a reason.

And why would forensics be a arguinging factor? Yeah we would need forensics to deal with all the elevated deaths caused from people just cutting across streets constantly anywhere they pleased. Thats just stupid "Jaywalking should be legal because when they get hit and die we can figure out easily what happened", yeah they got hit by a fucking car crossing where its not safe. Now granted Id love to see all the people step into traffic and die that are to stupid to do it safely but then you have all the poor motorists just going on about their day that has to be the one to hit them on accident. fuck the stupid ones, but not at the sacrifice of some guy picking his kids up from school.

Bottom line is people are fucking stupid, thoughtless, inconsiderate and selfish. Thats why we have laws like no jaywalking.[/QUOTE]

I'm with the guys that say jaywalking deserves to be punishable.

When I was in college, you'd see it all the time. Hordes of people jaywalking across campus. One day, some dude walked out into a busy street, and a friend of mine hit him with his car. Luckily for the jaywalker, he walked away with only cuts/bruises. But my friend driving? The fucked up thing is that it tore up one of his arms and a leg. He still doesn't walk right. All because some jerk decided to cross in the middle of the street instead of taking an extra minute of his time to stay in the fucking lines.

[quote name='Soodmeg']fuck this bitch. I will continue to give all cops the benefit of the doubt. I say this every time I see one of these videos, as a black man that grew up in the hood and was falsely arrested twice (along with many of my friends) I still will back all cops.

Whenever you see a cop beating the shit out of a guy its most likely that they deserved it. You know what I did when I was being arrested? I told the cop I was innocent and to prove it I was going to allow him to detain me without resisting and an hour later I was free to go. Hell we had a nice conversation on the ride to station....they also said I was one of the nicest kids they detained. They even brought me doughnuts when I was in the cell.

Dont being a screw up and cops wont mess with you. Also let go of your bullshit ego and just do what the cops says.

EDIT: Also I love when people act all mocho with that bullshit, "I cant believe he couldnt subdue a woman." Do you know how hard it is to safely subdue a full grown person without physically harming them? People always just assuming that from all their years of playing video games and watching movies they would magically be able to Vulcan pinch a person down. Idiots.[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU. also if this is over some jaywalking and the girls chose not to obey the cop who is the LAW then they deserved it. The Law is not a joke and just because you may not like it doesn't mean anybody shouldn't follow it. Also pulling a race card is pure BS. Why is the guy asking are you serious? Yes the cop is serious, any one of these girls or people could have had a weapon and she was charging with malicious intent. The girl is obstructing the law, yes the cop is fucking serious.

I've seen people like this fight on over petty things, hell i almost got robbed by one as well. I offered the robber, some change as he had to make a call and he accepted it, but apparently he wanted my phone which i showed him was dead, i knew he wanted to rob me but i was raised to be truthful,kind, and hospitable and that alone would be enough to get me out of trouble, the robber grabbed me but let go as i shrugged him off and i started to run. Kudos to the cop who was surrounded by all these types of people and had to subdue 2 women alone with little help.

fazfznz - honest question, don't want to derail the thread, so a simple answer is fine - do you believe what you just posted is not racist? I'm honestly interested, not trying to be accusatory or anything.

I'm just venting on emotions based off many experiences both good and bad.

With that i'll delete the parts that do sound racist.

[quote name='fazfznz']I've met aspiring artists who go to colleges such as USC. What i don't approve of is dropping out, trying to sell drugs and make the quick buck, and continual skipping of classes. I also hate whenever these types of ghetto people make a show? Why can't you just be polite and walk the street on a green light.[/QUOTE]

Because white people, or "non-ghetto" according to you, don't drop out, sell drugs, skip classes, etc. They don't put on a show either. *watches every episode of Cops* You may not have "meant it like that", but it definitely comes across as stereotyping and bigotry.

[quote name='lokizz']lets be real for some of you posting in favor of the cop race is part of the issue. if shed been a young white chick acting that way and the black male cop who hit her would you be so flippant about the situation or would you pissed off that a man hit a woman?[/QUOTE]

Of course race is a part of the issue. But not for those on the cop's side. It's completely reasonable to be on the cop's side and it would be completely the same if it was a black cop on a white person. Where race enters in is that we have a white cop trying to subdue a couple of black girls with no backup and a ton of "brothers" surrounding him and getting closer all the time. So what race has to do with it is this cop didn't end things quick and clean simply because if any one of those guys had thought he was being too rough and had stepped in, things would have instantly been messy and out of control.

The same exact thing happened in that McDonald's video. The lone cop just whimsically tried to arrest the girl. Even after flipping her on her face and the crowd urging him on, he was reluctant to finish her off because she was resisting so hard and all it would take is one person in the crowd to think he was taking it too far and it would be over. Then the other cops show up, they don't even help with the girl. All they do is start moving the crowd back and suddenly in 2.5 milliseconds the girl is cuffed and being escorted out.

For those of you ripping on the cop for incompetency, it has nothing to do with that. It has to do with controlling the suspect while also controlling a mob's mentality.

Anyway, it's sickening that people like you have to inject race into things in a negative way like this. It's because of people like you that cops have to be so unnecessarily careful sometimes and this costs lives in the end, plain and simple.

[quote name='MorPhiend']Of course race is a part of the issue. But not for those on the cop's side. It's completely reasonable to be on the cop's side and it would be completely the same if it was a black cop on a white person. Where race enters in is that we have a white cop trying to subdue a couple of black girls with no backup and a ton of "brothers" surrounding him and getting closer all the time. So what race has to do with it is this cop didn't end things quick and clean simply because if any one of those guys had thought he was being too rough and had stepped in, things would have instantly been messy and out of control.

The same exact thing happened in that McDonald's video. The lone cop just whimsically tried to arrest the girl. Even after flipping her on her face and the crowd urging him on, he was reluctant to finish her off because she was resisting so hard and all it would take is one person in the crowd to think he was taking it too far and it would be over. Then the other cops show up, they don't even help with the girl. All they do is start moving the crowd back and suddenly in 2.5 milliseconds the girl is cuffed and being escorted out.

For those of you ripping on the cop for incompetency, it has nothing to do with that. It has to do with controlling the suspect while also controlling a mob's mentality.

Anyway, it's sickening that people like you have to inject race into things in a negative way like this. It's because of people like you that cops have to be so unnecessarily careful sometimes and this costs lives in the end, plain and simple.[/QUOTE]

This is the truest post so far. Thank you Morphiend.

[quote name='fazfznz']
Minorities feel like they are entitled to more than anyone else. The system doesn't fail them, they failed the system. [/QUOTE]

Um, you may want to delete this part as well. Read it out loud and hear how it sounds. Really?

At the very least, learn to avoid such blanket statements. You could easily have typed "Some people who are minorities".

If you're gonna write something in a public post, make sure you say exactly what you mean or be prepared to face the onslaught of those who don't take too kindly to idiotic statements.

[quote name='dannyox718']Um, you may want to delete this part as well. Read it out loud and hear how it sounds. Really?

At the very least, learn to avoid such blanket statements. You could easily have typed "Some people who are minorities".

If you're gonna write something in a public post, make sure you say exactly what you mean or be prepared to face the onslaught of those who don't take too kindly to idiotic statements.[/QUOTE]
Did you see that black chicks ''O'' face when she got punched? :rofl:

Ya know, just to tie up some loose ends, I'm going to pretend that the girl that got punched was the girl from the Epic Beard Man video who taped the whole thing and felt compelled to instigate the entire time. I'm sure when they say "Seattle", they actually mean "Oakland", right? There, doesn't the universe just feel better now?

This bitch got punched in the face and deserved it 100%. Watch her hands before she gets punched. She grabs at him in a way that maybe alerted the cop into thinking she could potentially go for his weapon and he put a stop to that, even if it was a remote possibility. That's the #1 thing they teach cops: protect your weapon. That is why cops don't want you putting their hands on them. It makes them nervous and allows them full authority to use excessive force.

bread's done
Back